Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 28, 2004

Old    db32            07-07-2004, 8:17 AM Reply   
Friend of mine ski's in college, therefore he gets all his equipment at cost. He bought this wakeboard 3 months ago, and has decided he doesn't wakeboard enough(to much slalom and jumping practice). He will sell it to me for $620 with the padded travel bag. The board is the 2004 Hyperlite Byerly 142 w/ the 2004 Parks Bindings.

I think it is probably a pretty good deal, just wanted to ask the experts.

DB
Old     (craiger)      Join Date: May 2002       07-07-2004, 8:24 AM Reply   
Buywake has the board listed for $400.. bindings for $369.. and a padded travel bag for (without wheels) for $100.

So yes, sounds like a good deal..
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-07-2004, 8:27 AM Reply   
Yeah for new equipment thats a nice setup, he probably paid about 775 with the board + bindings.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-07-2004, 8:36 AM Reply   
Its a good deal, retail, but he is making a buck on it. If you like it, go for it.

(Message edited by kristian on July 07, 2004)
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-07-2004, 8:47 AM Reply   
David,

You can find the same setup for a little less. That's not a bad deal, but it's not a great deal either.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/8/175481.html?1087927183
Old     (d_o_double_g)      Join Date: Sep 2003       07-07-2004, 10:53 AM Reply   
More important than just a "good deal", you should make sure the bindings fit properly and you like the way the board rides. It could be a steal of a deal... but if you're not comfortable on the water and like the way the board performs... it's not a deal at all.

Think about it. Demo demo demo!
Old    mr_mutt            07-07-2004, 11:31 AM Reply   
yeah, I've heard that new Byerly is a REALLY aggressive board to ride, so be sure you like it before buying it...
Old    db32            07-07-2004, 11:56 AM Reply   
Thanks for your responses everyone. I have ridden this board, and him and I are of the same physical shape. So the board fits, and I am extremely impressed with the way the board rides. Very aggressive feel, but yet can easily do sureface spins. Also, I seem to get pretty good pop/air on the board. However, don't know if this is from the board or the boat that I always ride this board behind.

Thanks Again,
DB
Old     (mwgwin)      Join Date: Oct 2002       07-07-2004, 12:09 PM Reply   
I personally was not that impressed with the new Byerly. I own the 03 and my friend bought the same setup as you from Ebay for $525 with no bag. If you havent already bought the other board he would probably sell you his. I think the board rides somewhere in between the 03 byerly and 03 parks. I say that because its squirrelier than the 03 byerly. The worst thing about the board is how it catches the rope when its put up in the board racks. Id hate to be doing an invert and have the rope catch in the cutouts on the sides. Granted, some may say that will never happen, but I dont know if Id take that risk. Im also a little apprehensive having just torn my ACL last Tuesday. Either way, its not a bad deal, and a great board. I just feel there are better choices for safety sake. My friends board has been yanked from the board racks a few times....