Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 28, 2004

Old    jack_cheese            07-06-2004, 9:11 AM Reply   
my friend's dad happened to be looking in a dumpster (?) and found a wakeskate. He didn't know exactly what it was but had heard about wakeboarding from his son so he brought it home. Turns out it was an '02 Byerly foam-padded skate and my friend gave it to me cause he doesn't really ride unless he comes out on my boat and he sucks anyway. I was pretty stoked, but who throws away wakeskates? and why was my friend's dad digging around in a dumpster?
Old     (craig_riddle)      Join Date: Apr 2003       07-06-2004, 9:31 AM Reply   
My brother works next to a sports equipment manufacturer and is always digging goodies, with minimal defects, out of thier garbage. Another possibility is employee theft. When I has a kid we found beer in the supermarket dumpster near our house all the time. I think employees would throw it in there and then go around after work to retrieve it.

Why his Dad was in the dumpster is a mystery.
Old    leslisa            07-06-2004, 11:57 AM Reply   
His dad may have been in a dumpster at a construction site or something. Seriously, when the boys want wood for their skateboarding ramps that's where I usually get it. I don't have to really reach in. There is usually plywood and 2x4's on top.

My boys forget and leave their ramps in the rain all of the time. I'd be pretty po'd if I had actually paid for the materials.

Sometimes there is other stuff in there too, I don't have a clue why.

Seriously great find regardless of how he found it!

Lisa
Old    jack_cheese            07-06-2004, 12:22 PM Reply   
Does anyone know of any dumpsters that carry tower racks?
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-06-2004, 10:48 PM Reply   
I go dumpster diving all the time (well more skip diving). Its amazing what you find. 02 byerly, thats the sweetest find!
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-07-2004, 6:39 AM Reply   
I took the trash out while visiting at my Mom's condo a couple years ago and found a color ink jet printer that just needed a new cartridge.

When I worked at a grocery store (back in the 70's) I remember some friends who worked there getting busted with the beer in the dumpster scam.
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-07-2004, 6:51 AM Reply   
don't give me any ideas you bums, just kidding
Old     (98_searay)      Join Date: May 2004       07-07-2004, 8:02 AM Reply   
i was up at my local lake on the 4th a me and i nocked over a trash can and i found a HL scape107! i was looking at it and i saw just a little pice of the wood missing in the back! works gr8!
Old    shanny            07-07-2004, 8:27 AM Reply   
wouldn't it look a little weird searching through a dumpster in the back of a sports store?
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-07-2004, 8:44 AM Reply   
Not at all, one persons trash is another persons treasure. If they don't want it, just let someone who does have it.
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-07-2004, 8:45 AM Reply   
LOL - "one persons trash is another persons treasure"
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       07-07-2004, 8:59 AM Reply   
I heard that dumpters warranty policy is TRASH!!
I personally LOVE a good find, no matter where it comes from! Good for you!
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-07-2004, 9:19 AM Reply   
i just found a half eaten order of biggie fries..........SCORE!!!
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       07-07-2004, 11:30 AM Reply   
But was there a frosty?