Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 28, 2004

Old    wakeboarder17            07-05-2004, 3:39 PM Reply   
I am looking for a handle with the wrap handle and want to spend under $135 on it. What are some good handles for around this price? Thanks
Old    color_pros            07-05-2004, 3:45 PM Reply   
grizzly-sports.com has a parks carbon handle foe around $100 very pimp...Check it out.Even if you dont like that one RV can hook you up with something..Great people to deal with..
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-05-2004, 7:07 PM Reply   
best handle ever used...LF watson handle for $80 with wrap handle. The grip is amazing. Your hand molds into it. Couldnt believe how much my straight line was a piece of crap compared to this.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-05-2004, 7:16 PM Reply   
hardline dhs - same price (or lower) than the watson, but better value due to its interchangeable grips.

email me if you want info on great deal. some deals come w/ hardline rope.
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-05-2004, 7:19 PM Reply   
straightline at buywake.com
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-05-2004, 9:50 PM Reply   
I will second Joe's recommendation. I have the hardine t-bar DHS and I love it.
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-06-2004, 5:09 AM Reply   
Hardline DHS or Fly High Bad Wrap. DHS more comfortable and interchangable. Fly High almost as comfortable, not interchangable, but the most durable handle on the market without question.
Old    tcboarder            07-06-2004, 12:26 PM Reply   
i got the accurate zero-g carbon handle a few weeks ago its great, it retails for 150 with a t-bar but if you look around you could deffinatly get it for under 135.
Old    r_dub            07-06-2004, 12:41 PM Reply   
I may be really ignorant with this subject. But do certain handles really help that much? I have been riding for years, and I have a low end accurate that I bought about 5 years ago, and it suites me just fine. Before that I just used some old ski handle we had around for years. Besides the accurate having a wrap handle, I really didnt notice much difference. I mean, I have used someone else's that had a grip that tore up my hand a little. But all this carbon nonsense for $150 just seems a little absurd. Im not trying to call anyone out on this, because first off, I have never even used one. But I would have a hard time dropping $150 on a handle. Now, I dont mean to offend anyone, but a lot of the time I think people are conviced that if they buy a Parks handle or a Byerly this or that, they think that it's going to make them ride like them. But hell, maybe Im wrong. Maybe my handle is why I cant pull 900's. Yeah that's got to be it, it's my damn handle.
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-06-2004, 12:45 PM Reply   
carbon might look cool but it bends like the parks handle. stick with what works for you.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-06-2004, 12:54 PM Reply   
handles are almost as important as boards and bindings. if you're not comfortable, you're not going to ride well. i'm not saying you'll be able pull tricks outta your ass, but chances are, you'll ride better if you (including your hands and arms) are comfortable, than if you would riding uncomfortably.
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-06-2004, 1:38 PM Reply   
Handles are a comfort and familiarity issue. Most of the time I ride with a Fly High. It is a carry over from the barfooting days. It is simply very comfortable, relatively light, and it just does not wear out or get damaged.

The Hardline is the best I have used from the soft foam type handles. The fact that the grip can be replaced saves a lot of coin becuase the soft foam handles do get worn out and damaged easily. If price is a consideration, Hydroslide makes a decent, inexpensive handle.

Use what is comfortable to you. I do, however, suggest a 15" handle for easy handle passes and a limited stretch like like spectra or Tak. It will make a differnce in riding if you want to pop off the wake.