Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 24, 2009

Old     (backflop)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-15-2009, 4:15 PM Reply   
Hey, I need some help here. I'm trying to get friends together and plan a trip to the KC cable park, but need to get some info. When I go to their website I can't read any of the info because it is covered by a picture of their hours. I'm using a mac, thats my guess as to why. Could anyone post some of the info/rates/etc, or pm me with them? I would really appreciate it!
Old     (mofreestyle)      Join Date: Jan 2006       09-15-2009, 4:34 PM Reply   
Not a mac problem cause it's the same way for me. Best bet is to call them. When are u looking to go?
Old     (backflop)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-15-2009, 4:47 PM Reply   
I tried the contact us from... its broken too. I guess I'll call them tomorrow.

We are debating between this weekend or next. My friends want to go this weekend, but I kinda want to go to the billion bro bash the weekend after. We've never done cable before and my friends think it might be to busy to learn during the billion bro bash. Any pros/cons/comments to either weekend?
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       09-15-2009, 4:56 PM Reply   
Austin - having ridden cable only once, I would recommend going when they are not hosting an event. at least if you plan on riding. as cool as the guys are when it comes to noobs, I would much rather learn at my own pace when there are not hundreds or billions of people there watching. it is actually kind of stressful the first couple of times off the dock. I personally would rather deal with less of a crowd.
either way, the place is a blast and everyone I met there was super cool and helpful.

I think the rental gear is like $42 for 2-3 hours. that includes vest, board and helmet. well worth it, but if you can travel with your own gear, I would.
Old     (mike_olson)      Join Date: Apr 2003       09-15-2009, 9:07 PM Reply   
Not sure what is going on with our site. I will have it fixed shortly. If this is your first time, go this weekend. You will have more time to ride. Besides, you might have so much fun you will want to come back the following weekend!

Rates are $23 for 2 hrs, $29 for 4hrs, $34 for the day. (rates do not include gear) You will need a CGA vest and a helmet.

Hours are Sat and Sun noon - 6. The conditions are as good as it gets.

Sorry about issue with the site.
Old     (hyperlink)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-16-2009, 8:50 AM Reply   
I've made the trip from Iowa the last 2 weekends and would highly reccomend going and giving it a shot. Had so much fun down there and you will meet all kinds of good people.. Even got to watch Mike tear it up a bit on the skate!
Old     (backflop)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-17-2009, 9:12 AM Reply   
Grr... so frustrating. Earlier, I shouldn't have said 'friends' as it was just a 'friend'. He neglected to mention the trip to his wife, and when he 'told' her he was going, she said otherwise. If it wasn't a 7 hour drive away I'd go, but thats a long way to drive by yourself.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       09-17-2009, 9:23 AM Reply   
Austin - I flew out from Cali by myself and rode there. granted, I was out there for work, but I still went to the park by myself. trust me, make the trip. you will make friends inside of an hour, and the long drive won't seem like such a bad thing after your experience.
Old     (tj_in_kc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       09-19-2009, 9:49 AM Reply   
Yeah, the KC cable park is pretty awesome. There are several of us in town that have boats and live on lakes, but still love going to ride the KC Cable. Riding behind cable is a totally different sport/experience in my opinion.

You have to try it, you will love it!!!!!!!!