Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 04, 2005

Old     (drunkmonkey)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-19-2005, 1:12 PM Reply   
okay- in what seems to be a never-ending quest to get on the water this spring, I found out Saturday that I had popped a freeze plug in my '89 Sport.

Unfortunately its the one situated right over where the engine mount is, and it's darn near impossible to get to, so the engine's going to have to be pulled out a little to get to it.

I know there's a Nautique dealer in Tyler,TX which is pretty close to my place in Athens, but I don't kow anything about them. I know the guys up in Lewisville and know they're good, but its just inconvenient for where I am.

Hopefully it's just a matter of popping a new plug in, I doubt any freezing damage was done since it really didn't get to cold over the winter and the engine was drained prior to any freezing.

Anybody know anyone or have experience with Ski-N-Sport in Tyler, I think they're also called Southwest Correct Craft?

Thanks for the help...I hope I can get this resolved quickly. It's killing me to be off the water right now.
Old     (rich_g)      Join Date: May 2003       04-19-2005, 1:22 PM Reply   
They are good, they serve all of NE Texas. I'm in Athens too. I don't have a CC, but I have had them do work for me in the past. They will do "lake calls" on Lake Athens for winterization. I have never heard them called Ski-n-sport, only SW CC.
Old     (ride_klein)      Join Date: Aug 2003       04-19-2005, 2:59 PM Reply   
Drunk Monkey-

We're on lake athens too, and have used the guys at buxton to do the lake calls. They always make a couple runs down there each year to fix up the boats. I do most of my own maintenance, but last year I couldn't get down there and they did a great job. Their number is 972-436-7412.

Where are you guys located on Athens? We're right on the point of the Cove on the by the Dam. I've got an 86 Ski on the dock. Come look us up next time you're on the lake.
Old     (drunkmonkey)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-20-2005, 8:15 AM Reply   
Ryan-
I've used Buxton for some stuff in the past as well. I work pretty close to Lewisville so it's real easy to drop by there to pick up a part if needed. I definitly vouch for those guys. In this case though I've got to have the motor pulled out, and it's something I can't do myself.

Simply for convenience I'll call SWCC first, rather than pulling the boat from Athens all the way back up here. But I'll definitely be using Buxton in the next year or two when it's time to trade up.

My place in Athens is over off Impala south, right across from Impala Point. I've got the orange 'SLAPAHO' Nautique. We were out a couple days a week last year but haven't gotten things running yet this year.

We'll definitely have to meet up down there and ride or just hang out and party. We do a ton of both.

Is your ski the white/maroon one? I think I saw ya'll out a few times last year. It's cool that there's some folks reppin' the ATx on the site.

KB
Old     (ride_klein)      Join Date: Aug 2003       04-20-2005, 8:39 AM Reply   
We've got the white/maroon one, and we're always looking for more people to hang out with down there. Great lake especially in the mornings and evenings. We're at the second dock north of the sand bar. The boat is out of the water right now for a couple projects, but we'll be back in a few weeks. I was there last week and the water was great.

Did you just buy the Slapaho boat? We saw it out there a couple times, and then I heard it was for sale.

I don't know if I can help you out or not, but if you want to get the boat back to Dallas I'll be out around Athens for work Thursday and Friday of this week.

We'll keep a couple cold ones iced down for you this summer.
Old    pmack            04-21-2005, 8:24 AM Reply   
Southwest Correct Craft, near Garden Valley. 903/882-8593. They are about to be wholesale only though. A retail store is supposed to open in Tyler on Saturday, and that is where service will be performed.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       04-21-2005, 12:18 PM Reply   
i live in tyler and have dealt w/ SWCC before. I have MC. They're good. last year they were busy working on other boats and one of the guys somehow took care of me on the side. I think Ski n Sport is just a retail place. no service. I talked to Carl last week. They're moving the store to Tyler. Jason or Shannon could help w/ the plug.