Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 20, 2007

Old     (drewsnautique94)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-15-2007, 7:32 PM Reply   
i have been riding for 2 years now and get decent air..i can land ts and hs w2w 180s, grabs, and get decent air ..i currently ride a motive 144 finless, and my board is starting to crack and delaminate, so its time for a new one!..i want to stay with a hyperlite board. what do you guys suggest?..looking at the 3ds - imperial - or the premier..thanks
Old     (ethan31)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-15-2007, 8:50 PM Reply   
roam
Old     (brodie_chaboya)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-15-2007, 8:53 PM Reply   
The State is the best board.
Old     (damned04)      Join Date: May 2005       06-15-2007, 9:03 PM Reply   
Premier is a good board with a lotta pop
3DS is a fast wake to wake board
Also try considering a ronix board, demo and see what you like
Old     (gdwakeman)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-15-2007, 10:02 PM Reply   
just bought the watson with shane bindings sick board and bindings. i like it a lot better than my 06 premier
Old     (jwr)      Join Date: Jan 2006       06-15-2007, 10:02 PM Reply   
have you ever tried riding another company's board to see how they ride?
Old     (blind)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-15-2007, 10:16 PM Reply   
the 3ds is a fast into the flats board.
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-15-2007, 10:19 PM Reply   
Wait until next year for Hyperlite, I'm hearing good things for 08.....
Old     (drewsnautique94)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-16-2007, 4:56 AM Reply   
i have tried a few of my buddys lf boards and dont like them as much as my motive..also my buddy has the new hl legacy and cant stand it either..very heavy and hard for me to turn..i live in northeast ohio so i have no place to demo a board around here..what exactly to you mean the 3ds is "fast w2w board into the flats"...seems like you can make any board fast once you put it on its edge?...
Old     (drewsnautique94)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-16-2007, 4:59 AM Reply   
i have tried a few of my buddys lf boards and dont like them as much as my motive..also my buddy has the new hl legacy and cant stand it either..very heavy and hard for me to turn..i live in northeast ohio so i have no place to demo a board around here..what exactly to you mean the 3ds is "fast w2w board into the flats"...seems like you can make any board fast once you put it on its edge?...
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       06-16-2007, 5:31 AM Reply   
I used to ride the Motive 140 about 4 years ago. Coming from that board with a smaller continuous rocker, there arnt too many board that'll keep up with the speed into the wake, and i remember it being REALLY light. If you realy liked how it rode, but wanna step up to something different, like somebody said before, The State might be a good one, Premier (what I'm now riding since my 05 Parks broke) would't be a bad choice, its pretty grippy with predictable pop. The 3DS would still give you that continuous carve with more pop. Or you may even want to look into the Era. Waiting for 2008 boards may not be a bad idea either. I've also been hearing good stuff about whats on the way.
Old     (blind)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-16-2007, 6:20 AM Reply   
ryan, you can make any board go in to the flats, the 3ds is a continuous rocker and goes into the flats easly. A three stage rocker is more of a w2w board cuz of it's more strait up pop.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       06-16-2007, 7:07 AM Reply   
Check out the 07 Hyperlite Drive a three stage built for speed and big pop.
Old     (shon_g)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-16-2007, 8:56 AM Reply   
Try the CWB line the boards have much better pop of the wake and are loads of fun to ride.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-16-2007, 9:41 AM Reply   
if you were ridin the old motive finless then your best bet is a roam, its super fast(nothing compares even close to it) and the rocker line is similar. the only thing is youll have to change the way you hit the wake by doing an ollie instead of just standing tall, or wait for the 08 stuff to come out. the byerly line will be having a board that changes the way people ride a wakeboard. same kind of concept as a roam but different. cant really talk to much bout it right now though. as i find out more ill let you know
Old    sealyon.net            06-16-2007, 10:04 AM Reply   
If you really like the motive try the Murray.I like the 3DS though.
Look what Rusty M can do on it.
Old     (duckshot)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-16-2007, 1:39 PM Reply   
I have the 07 drive and love it. Its alot like the 3ds. But if i were you i would wait until 08. JD Webb is supposed to get his pro model. It is supposed to be a combo of the drive (or 3ds, they are pretty much the same) and the premier. It should be awesome.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       06-16-2007, 1:50 PM Reply   
The Drive is a subtle three stage rocker and the 3ds is a continuous rocker, so how are they pretty much the same?
Old     (wakeworm)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-16-2007, 2:04 PM Reply   
well I have been riding the imperial board and I like it a lot it is a forgiving board that gives you a lot of pop and is very stable into the wake. it is not as fast as the 3DS but it is better w2w. I like it a lot but I just tore my ACL and am out for the year. if you have any more Qs about this board or any other boards just ask Because I work at a board shop and have riden a lot of them.
Old    sealyon.net            06-16-2007, 2:29 PM Reply   
The drive and the 3ds are a lot alike as far as shape fin angle,and placement. but yes one is continuous and one is a 3 stage.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-16-2007, 3:10 PM Reply   
so what if rusty can do whatever tricks on the 3ds. the pros can do all the same tricks on pretty much every board out there.
Old     (lrutherford)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-16-2007, 6:14 PM Reply   
I was thinking about new one also. Thought about a Murray or 3ds. Any comments
Old     (wakeworm)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-16-2007, 6:24 PM Reply   
if you ride the murray board it is a lot slower to the wake but has really good pop and it is more w2w because of the huge rocker it has in the board. the 3ds is a lot faster to the wake and is easier to go out into the flats but has a nice big splin down the center and that will make your landings very nice and soft. When I got to go on both of them I think the 3ds was more playful on the water. good luck on you choice
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-17-2007, 12:30 AM Reply   
the murray board is getting a complete overhaul for '08
Old     (kevin_garduno)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-17-2007, 3:12 AM Reply   
One word: Slingshot
Old     (jpk)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-18-2007, 12:08 AM Reply   
The Premier is an easy recommendation. But I also think the '06/'07 Murray is a really underrated board. Remove the fins and it is a nice loose, big-air board with super soft take offs and landings. I think most of the knocks against it came from folks riding it with the center fin, which is really there just in case any beginners buy the board. (Take them out and never look at them again if you are already doing wakejumps.) The design is pretty unique and some folks are worried about the heavy weight, but it's so easy to ride once you get the feel. More predictable and easier to take off and land than a 3 stage.