Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (JonathanPlotz)      Join Date: Apr 2013       04-19-2013, 7:30 AM Reply   
Has anyone had the chance to ride the new plank for 2013? It's wood core like the oracles rather than last year's foam core. I primarily want to ride boat with it, but have a few rails on the lake that I like to shred. Anyone ridden it?
Old     (jburbo)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-19-2013, 8:37 AM Reply   
i should have one coming to me soon, when it gets here i will let you take it out for a ride. I have the 1up right now, i am stoked to give it a try!
Old    alanp            04-19-2013, 10:49 AM Reply   
welcome to wakeworld nephew!!

just throw some bindings on one of the old boards in the garage. one board for rails and your main stick for behind the boat. see you in about a week(whats the water temp like??)
Old     (JonathanPlotz)      Join Date: Apr 2013       04-19-2013, 11:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanp View Post
welcome to wakeworld nephew!!

just throw some bindings on one of the old boards in the garage. one board for rails and your main stick for behind the boat. see you in about a week(whats the water temp like??)
What's good uncle?? The water temp is nice. I rode last week and it was 70-73 right in front on the beach. Should be even warmer now.
Old     (JonathanPlotz)      Join Date: Apr 2013       04-19-2013, 11:06 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburbo View Post
i should have one coming to me soon, when it gets here i will let you take it out for a ride. I have the 1up right now, i am stoked to give it a try!
are you on lake anna, virginia? If so i'd love to try it out!
Old     (jburbo)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-19-2013, 1:41 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanPlotz View Post
are you on lake anna, virginia? If so i'd love to try it out!
yep! i live in Arlington but LKA is my home lake. i will let you know when i have one you can try out!!
Old     (chicksdigflips)      Join Date: Jul 2011       04-19-2013, 3:15 PM Reply   
Hey guys I will be in Chesapeake/VA beach most of the summer with my boat.. I will have all the 2012 humanoids and currently have the 2013 1up and Plank by the time summer comes ill have the Oshea and Oracle. Feel free to plan a trip down and try any of the boards out. I will be on Anna later in the Summer riding with Jeff on his 10th Anniversary Epic so if you see the boat flag him down he has couple Humanoids him self. Feel free to send me a text or email

kody@chicksdigflips.com
Old     (JonathanPlotz)      Join Date: Apr 2013       04-20-2013, 4:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicksdigflips View Post
Hey guys I will be in Chesapeake/VA beach most of the summer with my boat.. I will have all the 2012 humanoids and currently have the 2013 1up and Plank by the time summer comes ill have the Oshea and Oracle. Feel free to plan a trip down and try any of the boards out. I will be on Anna later in the Summer riding with Jeff on his 10th Anniversary Epic so if you see the boat flag him down he has couple Humanoids him self. Feel free to send me a text or email

kody@chicksdigflips.com
Hey man have you had the chance to ride that 2013 plank behind a boat?
Old     (chicksdigflips)      Join Date: Jul 2011       04-20-2013, 1:07 PM Reply   
Nope not yet I will take a set on it and let you know how it feels. Have you had a chance to try the 2012 Oracle behind boat?
Old     (JonathanPlotz)      Join Date: Apr 2013       04-20-2013, 9:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicksdigflips View Post
Nope not yet I will take a set on it and let you know how it feels. Have you had a chance to try the 2012 Oracle behind boat?
No, but all last year i rode the 2011 oracle. i loved the consistent pop and super soft landings. the flex in boards behind the boat always makes them land really soft. i'm pretty sure the only difference is that the 2012 rides a little faster and is slightly more responsive.
Old     (VTWakeboard)      Join Date: Oct 2011       04-22-2013, 8:26 AM Reply   
Jonathan If got an 11 plank you can ride next time im up at LKA and see how you like it. Hopefully be there on Saturday.
Old     (JonathanPlotz)      Join Date: Apr 2013       04-22-2013, 9:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTWakeboard View Post
Jonathan If got an 11 plank you can ride next time im up at LKA and see how you like it. Hopefully be there on Saturday.
cool,thanks. still have the epic?
Old     (VTWakeboard)      Join Date: Oct 2011       04-22-2013, 1:03 PM Reply   
no problem, Yup still have the epic