Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-05-2009, 3:53 PM Reply   
Sean didn't really have a name for this trick, so we called it the "Backside 180 to Switch". I think if I had to name it, I would call it the "Chop Switch". You have to watch the video to see why.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JL2rDVS4SwY

And one more thing I am very excited about ...

I have turned our videos into the World's First podcast devoted to wakesurfing. The episodes are not caught up yet, but will be in a couple of days. I don't want to put up all videos in one day. This allows you to subscribe and have the podcasts available on your ipod/iphone to take on the boat, or even on your apple tv/xbox 360 in your living room. No excuse to not keep your family stoked about wakesurfing. There are no ads in the podcasts, no sponsors, and I give links out to other boards like inland and stuff so its not about SPAM. It is about keeping your family/kids stoked about wakesurfing, and learning new tricks. If you have something you want us to include in one of our podcasts, let us know. We want this to serve the Wakesurfing community.

For the iphone:

For the iPhone/iPod

And HD compatible for the AppleTV and the XBOX 360.

For the AppleTV/Xbox 360
Old     (no_really)      Join Date: Jan 2009       08-05-2009, 4:24 PM Reply   
Very nice ragboy! Looks like a fun trick to play with. Thanks for the great posts.
Old     (enzostyle)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-06-2009, 3:20 PM Reply   
Thanks for that. I have been riding a lot of switch backside so this is my new trick to start out every switch run! Took a few tries to get the hang of riding my shred stixx thresher backwards.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-06-2009, 3:55 PM Reply   
Y, surf style boards are harder, but def a challenge to master.
Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       08-06-2009, 7:06 PM Reply   
Robert, that is very cool. I've done a decent amount of switch riding, but only frontside when we have a regular rider in the boat. I've been reluctant to try switch backside. Now thanks to this vid, I think I will give it a shot tomorrow!!

An I'm subscribing to the podcasts as we speak!