Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 16, 2005

Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       04-12-2005, 4:39 PM Reply   
I just got off the phone with Parks Bonifay and it looks like he might be off the water for a month or so. When he was in the Dominican Republic doing some wakeboarding he tore some cartilage and bruised the bone. Then he recently aggravated the injury when he crashed on his XR50. He's not having surgery, but he's got to stay off of it for a while until it gets better, so he's most likely going to miss the first tour stop or two.

That's a major bummer because he obviously was the man to beat in 2005. It will be interesting to see who steps up to fill the void until he gets back. Who do you think it will be?
Old     (melanie)      Join Date: Apr 2001       04-12-2005, 5:07 PM Reply   
Me. Ummmmmmmmmmmmm i'm going to go ahead and go with his brutha. Its all fixed.
*jist play'n*

Sucks hes out. Sucks Todds out for a bit too.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-12-2005, 5:35 PM Reply   
yeah he did it on the opening night of the 50 track at OWC.
Old    malibu36            04-12-2005, 6:01 PM Reply   
thats what happens when you get all liqoured up and ride dirt bikes!!!
Old     (wakerjimmy420)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-12-2005, 6:20 PM Reply   
his roomate jack blodgett blew his knee out too at the same time and i had to have surgery though. not sure if it was acl or not but I believe hes out for the whole season.
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-12-2005, 9:36 PM Reply   
Daniel Watkins= the man to beat in 2005
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-13-2005, 3:54 AM Reply   
i don't know, after seeing philip soven ride a few days ago, i'm pretty sure he's going to have a good season. I think he could quite possibly be the man to beat.
Old     (p_b_parks)      Join Date: Dec 2003       04-13-2005, 5:05 AM Reply   
Chad Sharpe or Danny Harf
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-13-2005, 7:52 AM Reply   
The sleeper is Rusty Mulinowski. Watch for him.
Old    jeffsuperstar            04-13-2005, 8:34 AM Reply   
rusty or harf i would say....
parks felt a pain in his knee while he was here but nothing major !! for sure got much worst after the crash on the mini dirt bike
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-13-2005, 8:44 AM Reply   
I don't think Rusty is a contender for the top 5 yet. Not saying he won't be eventually.

I agree with Kristian. Froggy steps it up every year. With a couple of big wins under his belt, he has the confidence. I'll be expecting to see Harf, Watkins, Watson, and Andrew fighting for number 1 also.
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-13-2005, 10:04 AM Reply   
Wouldn't Adkinson be "the man to beat" since he is defending last year's title? Nothing against Parks or anything, I do like his riding. And I don't think it could have been on the opening of the track. I was there that weekend after and he was riding the track on Sunday.

Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-13-2005, 10:10 AM Reply   
Phillip Soven will be da man
Old     (summerryder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-13-2005, 10:37 AM Reply   
There are certainly a lot of top riders out there this season, probably more Title contenders than in years past. Phillip has come back each of his pro seasons better than the year before, and since he started making his mark in a serious way in 2004, the former Frogster may be the one to gun for.
I've also heard a lot of good things about how Rusty's riding is looking these days. Rusty is tenascious when it comes to riding, getting more pulls in than virtually any other rider. He also has some unique style, something that always translates to strong scores when he rides well. Whether he can put together a Tour title campaign, that's yet to been seen. But I would expect Rusty to make the biggest move upwards on the rankings by season's end.
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-13-2005, 10:55 AM Reply   
I think Rusty's style is like a Parks. Muscles and hucks everything. Riders that flow and make it look effortless are the ones I enjoy to watch.. Shane, Lyman, Adkison, Hansen
Old     (lizrd)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-13-2005, 12:30 PM Reply   
Between Parks' knee and the head-to-head format maybe we will see some different results in this pro tour!
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-13-2005, 1:12 PM Reply   
How can anyone rule out Hansen. He killed it all year last year.
Old    absolutofft            04-13-2005, 1:18 PM Reply   
SHAPIRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old    time4wake            04-13-2005, 1:35 PM Reply   
I think Malinoski will be the guy this year- Reading his interview in the new alliance he claims he'll win at least one event this year and i don't doubt it. The kids got drive...
Old     (snead)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-13-2005, 1:51 PM Reply   
Just read wakeboard magazine....who ever they publisize the most (aka flavor of the month) is who is going to win.
Old    murrayair            04-13-2005, 3:34 PM Reply   
When Murray broke his wrist a few years ago he missed 2 of the tour stops and still came back and placed 3rd overall(and he had a chance to win it). If anyone can do something like that again, it's Parks. But if Parks doesn't do so hot then my money would be on Watkins or Danny.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       04-13-2005, 4:07 PM Reply   
Fox,

Adkison won Worlds last year not the Pro Tour. Parks is the Pro Tour Title holder.
Old     (partydock17)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-13-2005, 9:15 PM Reply   
I say its going to be Keith Lidberg. Hes up there.
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-14-2005, 7:38 AM Reply   
Hey Thanks for the correction Steve. Do you think that is a bit of a problem...too many "titles"? It seems like pro-wrestling of the eighties where there were many different titles.

Anyhoo...I also think Tino Santori may be a rider to watch.

Eric
Old     (sylv2080)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-15-2005, 12:54 PM Reply   
Come on now.....Can I have another vote for Santori?????????? he's an up and comer! He's gonna be @ my home lake next weekend so I'll get to see what shape he's in so far this year. He may be a slight underdog but I still gotta give him my vote!!!!!! GO TINO

(Message edited by sylv2080 on April 15, 2005)