Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 23, 2004

Old    dbogart            08-24-2004, 12:02 PM Reply   
when i go to turn to prepare for a jump there is a moment (sometime a long moment) when there seems too much slack on the rope, then the rope tightens up quick and often it messes me up. is this normal? am i turning too much or too little? do i need to shorten or lengthen my rope?
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-24-2004, 12:05 PM Reply   
David ~ When you cut out for your jump wait for the boat to pull you back to the wake before charging it. This should help the slack in your line.
Old    dbogart            08-24-2004, 12:08 PM Reply   
oh i see what your saying. maybe im not waiting on the boat long enough and turning in too quick. thanks bro.
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       08-24-2004, 12:12 PM Reply   
Yeah, that's normal, if you turn back in too early.

I think what you are doing is cutting out, and anxiously cutting back in too early. Try cutting out, and instead of turning back into the wake, continue to pull out until the rope starts to pull you back in. I'm guessing you are taking a hard cut out, and when you let up, you are actually out-running the boat. You could even try to tone down your cut out. I mean there's no reason to cut out that fast... Unless of course there's a bunch of hotties in a boat on that side! I wouldn't worry about rope length... As far as I know, that has no effect on your problem. Give what I said a try, and see if that works. Let us know how it turns out.

-Blake
Old    dbogart            08-24-2004, 12:19 PM Reply   
thats exactly it blake i am out-running the boat. i will try what you guys suggest, thanks fellas!
Old     (greenpinky)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-24-2004, 12:47 PM Reply   
Common mistake David. We've all done it. Just be a 'lil more patient and let the boat take up the slack before you cut in at the wake.
Old    dbogart            08-24-2004, 12:52 PM Reply   
thanks mike, will do.
Old    sk8joe01            08-24-2004, 4:52 PM Reply   
heh, contrary to what you guys are saying, sometimes i cut out real hard real for out and immediatly switch over my edge and bomb it back in i get a super carve. i have the problem described if i cut way out real fast then sit out there for a moment, i think thats when i "outrun the boat" or whatever. so if your gonna cut way out real fast, either imediatly cut hard bak in, or wait a second for the boat to start tuging at you again
Old     (kolibri)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-26-2004, 4:40 AM Reply   
time 2 time i experience the slack in the rope too. what i do is i cut out, i do a surface 180 and cut in for the jump. it's fun and as far as it concernes me it's a good start position for the cutting in to jump. just check it out...