Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 22, 2007

Old     (bigwaken2009)      Join Date: Oct 2006       02-28-2007, 1:40 PM Reply   
Do u guys were anything underneath your Spring Wet Suits
Old     (bennygoodx)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-28-2007, 1:42 PM Reply   
I just wear a thong.
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-28-2007, 1:50 PM Reply   
nothin but nads
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       02-28-2007, 1:53 PM Reply   
Don't wear a spring suit but nothing is under the full suit. That's why I wear boardshorts OVER it instead of no boardshorts at all.
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-28-2007, 2:01 PM Reply   
Boardshorts under. As soon as I get out of the water, the wetsuit comes off and gets put in the back hatch next to the engine to keep warm. Even in the winter here in FL, you will sweat to death if you leave your suit on.
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-28-2007, 2:03 PM Reply   
Damn wish I had that problem
Old     (turbonine)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-28-2007, 2:29 PM Reply   
Speedo on all the time. Wear one under boardshorts to help protect from the "nut slapper" during warmet months, plus makes it easy to jump into a wet suit. Just drop the boardshorts and get into the wet suit and put boardshorts on over suit. It is always a good reaction to when a noob is on the boat and you just start to drop your boardshorts and they don't know you have a speedo on underneath.
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       02-28-2007, 3:24 PM Reply   
board shorts or swim trunks
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-28-2007, 4:17 PM Reply   
You guys seriously wear trunks under your suits?!?! Now I have a small package and all, but even my boys would get a little cramped with all that material crammed in there. If I'm in a suit I'm naked, it is so much more comfortable. Plus then your boardies are dry when you shed the suit.
Old     (rothy)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-28-2007, 4:56 PM Reply   
Nothing under or over my wetsuit
Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       02-28-2007, 5:54 PM Reply   
That's just wrong! No shorts underneath??? doesn't that rub certain "parts" the wrong way?? Well- unless you're into that sort of thing..
Old     (flboarder)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-28-2007, 6:52 PM Reply   
It isnt that bad riding with shorts underneath, ya hang out on the boat slip your wetsuit on over your suit ride for 30 minutes take your wetsuit off simple as that, I do agree that it would be better if ya just took your boardshorts off and wore a speedo but aint no way I am stripping on the boat.
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-01-2007, 2:47 AM Reply   
Boardshorts under the full suit. Like Byrd said, when I'm done it comes off. I know the crew appreciates the fact I sport some shorts underneath.
Old     (rmcronin)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-01-2007, 3:37 AM Reply   
That's why you get your shorty a size or two too big. Your movement is freer and you can pull them on over anything. The whole production of putting on a wetsuit while naked, then putting on shorts purely for looks, then taking it all off before then putting your shorts back on is way more effort than I will deal with. I'm always chomping at the bit to go first so I just throw whatever I need on and jump in. Some of you will say I look like a tool with my shorts hanging out underneath, oh well.
Old     (closedtoe)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-01-2007, 8:12 AM Reply   
UA compression shorts(so my balls dont get irritated, slapped or anything else unpleasant)and a rip curl classic longsleeve neoprene shirt
Old     (carcrz)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-01-2007, 8:16 AM Reply   
You guys wear clothing when you ride? Whatever happened to "Wakeboard Naked"?
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-01-2007, 8:22 AM Reply   
Trust me fellas, try going commando under your suit. It's a ton more comfortable & you don't look like you've been stuffing dirty clothes down your front. My favorite is when one of you shorts underneath guys has an inch or three of your shorts hanging out the bottom of your suit, thats a good look. Try it, your nuts will thank me. Which sounds bad...
Old     (rmcronin)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-01-2007, 9:39 AM Reply   
That's my look (shorts pulled down below my shorty) and I'm damn proud of it! It's nice to be an original, not trying to look like people say you "should". As said before, when you're done, just drop the shorty and grab a cold beer-no scaring the other dudes with your nakedness in the boat.

Isn't if funny sometimes how stupid we sound, myself included, as we try to make rules for wakeboarding. Ah the beauty of boardsports-no rules, no coaches, no uniforms-just fun!
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-01-2007, 12:33 PM Reply   
You can make the naked wetsuit changing process easier with a customized towel. These are towels with either snaps or elestic belts on one edge so you can where the towel like a really long skirt. Take a regular decently heavy towel, and attach some sew on snaps, velcro, elastic etc. to one end. Then when you put it around your waist it stays there!

In case some people dont have the whole towel to wetsuit change down: you wrap a towel around your waist, drop shorts, pull up wetsuit past waist, then dropping towel and vice versa for taking the suit off.

Having ridden both ways, I enjoy the -freeballin version more. When I get lazy I end up with the boardshorts under, but its not nearly as comfy.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       03-01-2007, 12:46 PM Reply   
I always wear compression shorts under my wetsuit. do it under the trunks as well, but will shed them if I am not riding for numerous hours. it is all about saving the nads.
Old     (sk_centurion)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-01-2007, 2:45 PM Reply   
I second the compression shorts I wear them under my wetsuit & shorts.
Old     (rothy)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-01-2007, 4:56 PM Reply   
Plus it's so nice to slip on dry boardies after you get out of your wetsuit. Maybe its a so-cal surf thing, but you will rarely find someone in the water with boardies under or over their wetsuit.