Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 16, 2005

Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-19-2005, 1:55 PM Reply   
Surprised that no one has posted this yet. Looks like I'll get to ride one this weekend...unless the line for it is too long! I can't wait to see it in person.

http://www.ridecwb.com/
Old     (malibususpect)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-19-2005, 2:13 PM Reply   
looks like a sweet board alot of new design ideas. i would like to try one out, might be my next board
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-19-2005, 2:45 PM Reply   
Damn I can't wait 'til May. I wanna try that beast out. They even make my size!!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-19-2005, 3:01 PM Reply   
Dood...you gotta stop changing your screen name! hahaha
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-19-2005, 3:26 PM Reply   
Had an opportunity to ride it a few weeks ago, but the water was crap, so I didn't even try.
Old    wakesyco            04-19-2005, 4:01 PM Reply   
Steve had it in Arizona last month but didn't
ride it because all he had was the longer one.
It looks pretty cool, gonna give it a spin next time steve comes over.
Old     (forwaken)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-19-2005, 4:29 PM Reply   
I wouldn't mine tryin it out either. I take it, it'll be at WSSR J-Rod....
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       04-19-2005, 4:51 PM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/getarticle.asp?articleid=143
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-19-2005, 5:52 PM Reply   
Hmmm...I was looking for that but couldn't find it.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-19-2005, 6:09 PM Reply   
Doesn't that article come out tomorrow? Anyone know if it's possible to ride it finless? It looked like it had some molded doodads on there. Oh dear God why did CWB have to do this to me?? I'm all excited now, I was fine but now I'm all loopy!!

Bates, where are you?? Hook a brother up!

J-Rod, sorry I had to change my name. When random people come up to you & are like "ohh you're Hiltscherhitlerberger, what's up?" something is not right! Plus if you know me, you know my new name suits me much better (all 5'7", 145 pounds of me).
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-19-2005, 6:17 PM Reply   
Wow, what a cool looking shape.. I wonder how it rides?
J-Rod, give us a full report.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-19-2005, 6:46 PM Reply   
That's cool man just given shiat! I thought you had already ridden one for some reason Stephan.

Anyway, it looks interesting. My dream board would be a blend of the 04 Absolute and the Transcend. I'm hoping this board delivers.

Old     (sp0tts)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-19-2005, 7:14 PM Reply   
I'm pretty sure Trevor was riding it finless. The design definately looks cool, and much different than any board I've ever seen. I thought the thing looked sweet blank with stickers on it. I had the chance to ride it, but didn't. The people I know who did said it lands really soft though.
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-19-2005, 8:57 PM Reply   
I asked him today about not riding the middle fin. Trevor rides it with the fin on the switch side.
Old     (iewc_vp)      Join Date: Aug 2001       04-20-2005, 4:15 PM Reply   
It is a real wide board and lands super soft. The bottom shape is different. I think I may have to be rockin the CWB!
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-20-2005, 5:19 PM Reply   
Whattup Jewitt, how you been? Hows work?
Old     (jaubrey)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-20-2005, 9:13 PM Reply   
I would like to see a picture of the entire board just to study it a bit more but i guess i am going to have to wait until next month.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-25-2005, 9:55 AM Reply   
I'm sorry but that has got to be one of the sickest looking graphics I've seen!!! Does the smaller shape look just like it? I'm guessing no, based on the rest of CWB's shape differences. I can not wait to ride that thing, it looks like a whole new idea in board shaping. Do you see that double spine on the last picture? That is crazy!
Old    chavezychavez            04-25-2005, 9:59 AM Reply   
Biggie - the 134 will be white.
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-25-2005, 9:57 PM Reply   
Yeah that is totally SICK, i'm so tempted to pick that up
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-25-2005, 10:12 PM Reply   
tomorrow...i get one!!!!!!
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-26-2005, 7:57 AM Reply   
Did the cali rep say when it would be in So-Cal to demo?
Is the cali rep still an older guy named Scott? This is a few years ago when I worked at Sport Chalet..
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-26-2005, 8:11 AM Reply   
It sounds like Derek Conway is getting it now!
The Norcal rep is CM Slocum. Probably one of the most down-to-earth board reps ever!

He didn't say what the plans were for the board. He did say that there are only 7 in the country, but, CWB expects to ship production models in about a month or two. Sounds like they will be everywhere before the summer.

Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-26-2005, 8:44 AM Reply   
Looks too wide and bitey, but I won't completely knock it until I try it. CWB has made some great boards.
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-26-2005, 9:47 AM Reply   
oh man now I need to try this one. Looks like Chad and Paul will be able to try it.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-26-2005, 10:14 AM Reply   
The socal rep has one & there are a few folks that have demo-ed the thing down there. See Captain Insano's post above. Steve is the Socal rep & is definately one of the coolest/funniest/ripping-est reps out there. The old guy didn't do much for CWB in the south & has been replaced with someone who puts some time into it.
Old     (nlitworld)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-26-2005, 10:33 AM Reply   
wow, that board looks very nice. Can anyone say "late birthday present"? Finally we see another new board design concept. If anyone knows, how is it when ridden finless?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-26-2005, 10:49 AM Reply   
I didn't get a chance to try it finless, but it looks like it would be pretty loose. In comparison, it looks like it would be more loose than a finless Absolute just based on the smaller molded fins. I could be wrong though.

In my opinion, CWB is really setting the pace when it comes to board design. The last two years they release new, cutting edge designs while at the same time improving their best selling boards (like the Absolute) when I thought they couldn't get any better. Last year it was the Transcend, and now the Marius. I'm impressed.
Old    chavezychavez            04-26-2005, 10:49 AM Reply   
Lloyd - ask Trevor Hansen.
Old     (nlitworld)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-26-2005, 11:00 AM Reply   
Ok, I'll call up Trevor right now. His number still 911? Yeah, from the smaller molded in fins, and the extremely different tip and tail design making the edges higher, it looks like it would be very loose. I'm impressed.
Old     (cwb12)      Join Date: Aug 2003       04-26-2005, 11:15 AM Reply   
Derek Grasman rides it finless and Trevor rides it with just one small fin on one side.
Old     (tonis)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-26-2005, 2:40 PM Reply   
The board is SICK! I was amazed on how small it feels when riding it. Variable rocker might have something to do with it. I have to disagree with J-Rod, it feels and rides a lot faster/lighter than the transend. I would think it would be really loose finless, only one way to find out!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-26-2005, 2:57 PM Reply   
Screw you then, Tonis!

Old    chavezychavez            04-26-2005, 3:21 PM Reply   
HMM - Pics gone - what is the deal?
Old     (cam)      Join Date: Aug 2003       04-29-2005, 12:12 AM Reply   
The full graphics

Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-29-2005, 7:02 AM Reply   
J-Rod,
hey man, gonna be at Tulloch later tonight and will be staying through the weekend. Give me a call if you think you might be able to head that way. 661 747 0559.
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-29-2005, 7:24 AM Reply   
Very cool and clean.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-01-2005, 5:03 PM Reply   
when is the board gonna be available in stores?
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-12-2005, 2:43 PM Reply   
Just rode it last sunday.Too bad I was having a bad riding day so coudn't get used to the pop,but the landings...MAN I'm sold on just the landings alone!!!

The pop was huge but different!!Like I said I wish I was having a good riding day to be able to judge it a little better!!

My only complaint was it felt huge and wide.I rode a 140 and thinking maybe a smaller one would be better.Not sure!!

Huge pop + super,super soft landings = Marius a definete consideration for my next board!

THANKS STEVE YOU ARE AWSOME!!

(Message edited by big_ed_x2 on May 12, 2005)
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-12-2005, 3:45 PM Reply   
Ditto on that awesome thing. Steve B. rocks. Small livestock/farm animals welcome on his boat. (J/K-LOL)

Got to ride the Marius (with Krux bindings), right after Big Ed brought it back (). Big pop. Smooth landings. Didn't notice that it was particularly fast or slow, (but then again, the only board that I have ever ridden, and had an opinion about speed was the Transcend, definitely a cruiser). Very easy to control, was really comfortable on it (I'm a pretty tempermental rider, doesn't take much to mess me up). The extra wide board seemed a little odd at first, but it wasn't a problem when I started riding. Really liked it. Next year will be a tough decision between the Marius and the Absolute.

(Message edited by socalwakepunk on May 12, 2005)
Old     (flux)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-12-2005, 3:55 PM Reply   
Question:

Does anyone think the increased surface area will help a larger rider (6'2" 220lbs and no I am not a fatty) get more pop off the wake?? Watching guys who weigh 40-50 lbs less than me fly has me frustrated.

I have an 03' Byerly that I like alot, but seem to have trouble with consistant pop. Been wanting more hang time for tricks, I seem to mostly go flat over the wake with no time to grab/spin. I definately realize that some of this is my technique, but everyone knows the board is part of it too.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-12-2005, 4:23 PM Reply   
Most of it would be technique (probably 95%). The bigger board will help a little, but it won't be a huge gain. Holding a solid edge & good body position will help you way more thatn a larger board.
Old     (flux)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-12-2005, 4:29 PM Reply   
Thanks Captain. Thought maybe I could just throw money at the problem. Guess I better get on the rope and figure it out.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-12-2005, 6:14 PM Reply   
Flux ~ I got the same board and like it also,but been looking into something else because I've heard rumors about this board about not beeing consistant.For me it seems to change from day to day..one day I love it next day I hate it,I guess inconsistant would be a good word for it.LOL(I KNOW,DON"T BLAME THE BOARD)Well i'm gonna..I was thinking maybe trying the LF substance next.Not really sure

(Message edited by big_ed_x2 on May 12, 2005)
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-12-2005, 6:28 PM Reply   
You are on the right track, Ed. I've been told (by some very respectable riders), that an aggressive 3 stage board will exaggerate any little problem with your edge/pop/position. If you are not perfectly consistant all the time, you may want to switch to a continuous/subtle 3 stage rocker board. The continuous rocker pattern is much more forgiving in the pop dept.

(Message edited by socalwakepunk on May 12, 2005)
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-12-2005, 6:32 PM Reply   
Is the Substance a 3 stage or cont.?

As far not beeing consistant on my edge....Tell me about it.I can't go snowboarding without killing any WB skills I had!!
Old     (flux)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-13-2005, 8:01 AM Reply   
My bro just got a 04 CWB Absolute Platinum, so I will get to give that a try. I will definately keep it in mind about the abrupt three stage thing.

Big Ed definately is on to something though because one jump will feel like a million and I am up there and then the next, nada. I am usually pretty close on my approach as fas as speed and setup, it's just wierd. Probably just need more practice, but I want to try some CWB boards anyway, they look really nice.
Old    wickedwake            05-13-2005, 8:30 AM Reply   
Ed: Substance is a 3 stage.

Flux: You will love the Absolute! I ride the Transcend and it is amazing. It is a 3 stage with 3.2" of rocker but it has a subtle rocker so you dont get bucked and it seems to pop more consistent than most other 3 stages I have ridden. I'm in love with this board.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-13-2005, 8:49 AM Reply   
Is it a subtle 3 stage or ubrupt(sp)?
Old    wickedwake            05-13-2005, 3:27 PM Reply   
The Substance is a "agressive" or "abrupt" 3 stage but by no means does it buck you off the wake. The rocker on the board is 2.7" for the 138. The Substance is my SECOND favorite board