Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 16, 2005

Old    screvy            03-13-2005, 11:38 AM Reply   
call for mn riders
Old    butt_slider            03-13-2005, 12:42 PM Reply   
here
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       03-13-2005, 1:54 PM Reply   
i live in MN in the summer and Socal in the winter. I will ride with you in MN.
Old     (l7wakeboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-14-2005, 6:30 AM Reply   
South Lida and Big Cormorant. Got the itch real bad right now!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       03-14-2005, 11:09 AM Reply   
all you guys should move to SoCal.
Old     (wakesurf12)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-14-2005, 2:57 PM Reply   
Evenson, Kato huh? Ever get over to Washington? Thats where I ride. You should check out our video from last summer. http://www.wakepics.com/member/Juvi131

Im on the water as soon as the ice is off.... and when my broken foot heals.
Old    screvy            03-16-2005, 8:37 PM Reply   
it will be time to brake out the board soon
Old     (tallman)      Join Date: May 2004       03-17-2005, 5:16 PM Reply   
I got the Itch, but it is going to be another month at lease before I can scratch it. I wish it would warm up! I getting sick of Ice fishing.
Old    mnrider            03-22-2005, 12:54 PM Reply   
I here ya Mark these lakes defiantly gotta thaw soon or I going to loose it. Does anyone ride in the twin cities area, Post up
Old     (skibum69)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-22-2005, 1:08 PM Reply   
I'm from WI but I visit my cousins in the twin cities and we typiclly ride in the north suburbs
Old     (tallman)      Join Date: May 2004       03-22-2005, 7:00 PM Reply   
I'm Just Curious, Where do most of you live. I live in Melrose which is in between St Cloud and Alexandria. Right off of I-94. I have found in the past that most riders in MN ride near the Twin Cities. I did chat with one person last year that lived in the Cities, but wakeboarded in the Alex area.
Old    mnrider            03-22-2005, 8:30 PM Reply   
I'm from southwest suburbs Eden Prairie and Bloomington area, I ride everywhere though, most lakes in my area our somewhat sketchy and full of wallys so i gotta find new ones. anyone know a good spots
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       03-23-2005, 5:08 PM Reply   
I live in the cities in the summer lets Ride you guys, we are setting up some contest and will post more latter
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-24-2005, 9:31 AM Reply   
Lake Minnetonka area...itchin' to ride
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       03-24-2005, 12:04 PM Reply   
i just got back from florida and am going to go check to see if there is open water. I did get two sets in yesterday which were awesome. I plan on being on the water by the 10th-12th of April. I was out there on April 16th last year.

I ride on big marine. 30 min north of either downtown strait up I35, just east of forest lake.
Old    mnrider            03-24-2005, 3:02 PM Reply   
anybody ride on long lake out in the orono area, that lake has good lines
Old     (that_nate_kid)      Join Date: Apr 2004       03-24-2005, 9:26 PM Reply   
Hey Andy,
this is anhorn, "short hair" long time no see. i have to ride with you this summer since i missed you last. hope you are handling cali alright. later
Old     (sadcaper)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-28-2005, 1:29 PM Reply   
Medicine Lake (10 min west of the cities) here! Can't wait...these 60 degree days should help get that ice off the lake!!

Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-28-2005, 1:49 PM Reply   
Let's have a contest...Who will be the first to ride in Minnesota? Supply a pic to prove it.
Old    malibu36            03-28-2005, 4:06 PM Reply   
peter- whats happenin? its todd from chicago- ride the spot. great ridin with you in o-town. i just cant wait till the weather gets better. you and the boys will have to come down and ill try to make it up there
Old    mnrider            03-28-2005, 5:30 PM Reply   
todd, good to hear from ya again these lakes defiantly gotta thaw soon we were so spoiled in florida. We should defiantly all try and hook up and ride again. Its going to be tough for all of us to get back into the groove that we were in when we left Darin's place but we had to come back to reality. give me a holler next time your in the MN
Old     (tallman)      Join Date: May 2004       03-28-2005, 5:42 PM Reply   
I Will participate in Tunemans challange. Last year my first day out was april 13 and some of the larger lakes still had ice Chunks floating around. I think all you riders in the cities have a bit of an advantage because the Ice thaws a week or two earilier than here. Do any of you have Dry suits or do you bare the elements with a wet suit Like me?
Old     (l7wakeboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-29-2005, 6:45 AM Reply   
Last year we were out right around the 15th of April up here. It was funny because we were up at Lutsen snowboarding like three weeks before that. Also, my buddy bought a dry suit this year, before that it was just the straight up wetsuit. Although we did try wearing two wetsuits at once last year, it kept you quite a bit warmer, but I felt like a frickin starfish due to the lack of mobility! We were aiming for the 16th of April this year, but my buddy just got back from cormorant this weekend and said people are still driving on the ice there, i guess it is still like two feet thick or something horrible like that!
Old    screvy            03-30-2005, 5:52 PM Reply   
one time i was on the lake by april 3 and everyweekend after.
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       03-30-2005, 7:21 PM Reply   
Drysuit and if the rain keeps up the lake will be thawed by this weekend maybe I was on the lake by the 16th of April last year, so soon enough.
Old     (scotthetland)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-31-2005, 6:20 AM Reply   
I just moved to the Twin Cities from North Dakota. I have no idea on where I will be riding this summer???? I do not know any wakeboarders out here. I have access to a fishing boat, but it isn't the same as the Nautique that I had to leave back in ND.
Old     (seedickride)      Join Date: Jan 2001       04-01-2005, 4:58 AM Reply   
Scott- Are you going to make it out to Northern Boarders Wakefest this year (Detroit Lakes- July 15-17)? We haven't seen you around for awhile.

Mike Dick
See Dick Ride Wakeboards
www.seedickride.com
(701)682-5515
mike@seedickride.com
Old     (scotthetland)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-01-2005, 9:07 AM Reply   
Good to hear from you Mike. I'm going to try. It has been a couple of years, and I see that you are having it in Minnesota now!! Last year too, I think? Last year was pretty crazy for my wife and me with moving and changing jobs, so chances are that my schedule is going to be a lot easier on me this coming summer.
Old     (richmondrider)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-05-2005, 1:28 PM Reply   
My hometown is Richmond MN, I attend college in Crookston, and live in Fergus Falls for the summer. I board on Horseshoe Lake in Richmond and Kandyohi Lake near Willmar (on the weekends), i sometimes get out to the Spicer area and near st cloud. Give me a shout out if you board in any of these areas, i'd like to meet some fellow riders. (I never see anyone else out when I am on the lakes)
Old     (tallman)      Join Date: May 2004       04-05-2005, 8:01 PM Reply   
Hey Jacob,
I drove through Richmond yesterday on my way to Eden Valley. I drove down County Rd 22 and I notice that the chain of lakes are starting to open up. I live in Melrose which is 15 to 20 miles north of Richmond. I'm Actually in Richmond quite a bit because the place I work has an office there. I have a hard time picturing any one wanting to wakeboard on the Horseshoe chain duirng the middle of the summer. About mid July it starts to look pretty green and scummy, but That is only what I see from the road. I've never been on any of the lakes down there so maybe they have some sweet spots.
Old     (richmondrider)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-06-2005, 9:34 AM Reply   
Hey Mark,
I’ve only ventured my way around the lakes in the late season because of the lack of a boat in the past. My friend brought his boat up and kept it at my place so we did some boarding on the chain right before the end of the season, other than that I usually headed down to the Willmar area. When we did venture around the lakes there were calm spots everywhere. Now that we have a boat on the chain I probably will spend the majority of my time on the chain. And for the green stuff, there will be spots with a lot and spots that are clear, but that’s a sacrifice I am willing to make in love for the sport. One thing I did notice on Horseshoe is a nice Tige always sitting on the lift, I never see them out boarding. It kinda makes me sad. If I only had a boat like that!
Peace

Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       04-10-2005, 10:18 AM Reply   
Boat is in the water baby!!! Going riding today, any of you been onut yet? Nothing like riding when te air is 75 and the water is 40.
Old     (l7wakeboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-11-2005, 6:49 AM Reply   
If the weather works out we will be riding next sunday up here! Our boat is in pieces right now, hopefully we can get it back together in time!
Old     (tallman)      Join Date: May 2004       04-11-2005, 12:59 PM Reply   
I made it out Saturday, but the wind was way worse than the cold water. I bet it had to be blowing about 25 miles per hour. I had a hard time getting a fishing boat to load straight.
Old    shaggydan22            04-14-2005, 3:33 AM Reply   
I havn't been out yet. One of my friends made it out on Minnetonka on the 7th.
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-14-2005, 5:22 AM Reply   
We'll be on Minnetonka this Saturday(16th). Can't wait!
Old    bersh31            04-23-2005, 11:01 PM Reply   
Hey St Cloud area riders(I'm in Holdingford). Brand new Supra Launch 24SSV in the yard. Need some more people to fill it up! I have a dock business so am busy right now but another month and it's time to ride. Hit me up.
Old    valhalla579            04-24-2005, 3:46 PM Reply   
I am living in River Falls, WI which is like 10 minutes from Hudson, or about 20 minutes from Woodbury and Cottage Grove. Anybody in that area with a boat that will be riding this summer. I have a board/life jacket/rope/handle.. but, no boat.
Old     (richmondrider)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-24-2005, 9:10 PM Reply   
Hey Eric,
Just send me an e-mail to give me a heads up when you are going out. I will be done with school for the summer in a couple of weeks and will have most of my weekends free. Would be nice to ride with some new people.