Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (ghettofab)      Join Date: Aug 2008       05-12-2009, 4:33 PM Reply   
Just got a reallly good deal on basically a brand new hvx200. Anyone who has shot with this camera alot filming wake and stuff have any types that you learned from using it a while so I could miss some of the trial and error
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-13-2009, 12:30 AM Reply   
You're a dirty cracker! For shheeezy!

Tip #1: That clunking noise. it's normal! Turn on the camera and it goes away.

Tip #2: Don't leave the battery on the camera when not in use. Panasonic cams like to suck juice even when off..

Tip #3: Get some extra batteries so you can stay on the lake and shoot all day.

Tip #4: Don't shoot directly into the sun!

Tip #5: Read Barry Greens HVX book front to back and then again two more times.. You will learn something new each time!

Tip #6: Experiment! Go out and tweak the settings, try them out, and adjust.. Everyone has different taste/style, so there is no one-setting-for-all.
Old     (ghettofab)      Join Date: Aug 2008       05-13-2009, 6:14 AM Reply   
ha thanks kung fu. When I first got it I set here looking at it. And there was this clunking noise. I was like wth. its broken. Then i figure out that its normal.

Ive got 1 extra battery at the moment. Im saving up for the E series P2 cards that are dropping mid may. Cant wait so cheap.
Old     (liquidforcefan)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-13-2009, 5:02 PM Reply   
how much did you get it for if you mind me asking? Before I decided to go high end consumer instead of professional I was looking at that one.
Old     (mikel_j)      Join Date: Aug 2008       05-13-2009, 6:35 PM Reply   
Congrats on the camera! HVX's are awesome.
Old     (brinks)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-13-2009, 8:02 PM Reply   
For starters I would book mark this site:
www.dvxuser.com

Then I would pick up a copy of Barry Greens HVX book. Last but not least I would pick up another P2 card. I personally would hold off on the E series cards until they have been tested by the general public. With an ESTIMATED lifespan of only 5 years, I'm not sure yet if they are worth the money. If you wait a month or two after they ship, I think the R series cards will drop in price.
Old     (ghettofab)      Join Date: Aug 2008       05-14-2009, 7:51 AM Reply   
brinks... There is no way I would actually use these for p2 cards for over 2 years. In 2 years there will be something new and hotter.

Everyone is freaking over this idea of p2 cards not lasting over 5 years but no one that actually films is using the same camera for 5 years.

Oh and i read dvxuser.com alot
Old     (ghettofab)      Join Date: Aug 2008       05-14-2009, 10:37 AM Reply   
got a question. Ive been reading dvxuser.com alot

Ive bascially figured out the workflow. It seems pretty easy.

When you buy a p2 card new. Does it have to be formated or anything like that. Or is it just plug and play?
Old     (ghettofab)      Join Date: Aug 2008       05-14-2009, 12:33 PM Reply   
nevermind figured it out