Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 14, 2003

Old    piglet69            10-28-2003, 3:23 AM Reply   
I just wanted to mention that these two wakeboarding nuts are having knee surgery really soon, Jay this week and Arun next week.
My prayers for a speedy recovery and being back on your boards as soon as possible are with you both.
Hugs
Old    aircanada            10-28-2003, 6:58 AM Reply   
Old    wakelvr            10-28-2003, 8:56 AM Reply   
Thanks for the well wishes guys, Jason really appreciates them! If anyone is looking for a PS2 or X-box buddy, Ja's your man for the next month!

Sean, you are too much. The poor guy is already spooked as it is about getting a cadaver graft the day before Halloween....

Arun: Best of luck to you and hope you have a speedy recovery!
Old    tammy            10-28-2003, 9:03 AM Reply   
Jason and Arun, going to miss you guys on the water.

Cory and I wish you both fast recovery. Hey Jason, need any games to help the time pass?
Old     (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-28-2003, 9:13 AM Reply   
Good luck to both of you and I'll be hoping for a very speedy recovery.

Ja - If you want some very strong competition on the PS2, just let me know. Josh would be willing to come over and kick your butt, er um, give you a run for your money anyday! LOL!
Old     (susieq)      Join Date: May 2002       10-28-2003, 9:18 AM Reply   
Good luck you guys!! May you have a speedy recovery, painless rehab and be back on your boards in no time
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-28-2003, 10:45 AM Reply   
good luck guys. hope all goes well and youre able to get back on the water soon.
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-28-2003, 12:25 PM Reply   
ditto. i expect to see you bustin' huge after this jason. and arun...well i expect you to be bustin'...like...huge-r...ummm yeah... :-)
Old    xtremebordgurl            10-28-2003, 12:42 PM Reply   
Good luck guys! Hope you both have a speedy recovery!
Old     (alan_bogdanoff)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-28-2003, 8:09 PM Reply   
We will be praying for the both of you!!
Alan, Emily and Little Camilla.
Old    piglet69            10-28-2003, 9:10 PM Reply   
Maybe Ja and Arun can each put their foot from the good leg in a binding and tape the bad legs together and then...... Oh forget it. How about you two just get through the rehab and have a great spring. Good luck guys...
Old     (kimmy)      Join Date: Aug 2001       10-28-2003, 9:34 PM Reply   
Good luck and good well wishes for a successful surgery, rehab and a speedy recovery to both of you.
Old    deltahoosier            10-29-2003, 9:06 AM Reply   
Oops... The last post from Cassandra was actually me . I did not forget you two.
Old     (houseofpayne)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-29-2003, 7:17 PM Reply   
You guys ROCK! You are the best. Thanks for all your support. Just so you know, I am getting a copy of the surgery tape of the actual procedure on my knee. So expect multi media files to follow!
Old    wakelvr            10-29-2003, 7:19 PM Reply   
heehee. Yeah, expect part of Ja's surgery on my next wakeboarding video...

Old     (wakeboardrn)      Join Date: May 2002       10-29-2003, 10:33 PM Reply   
Good luck you guys. :-)

Get better and ride again soon!
Old    wakelvr            10-30-2003, 9:54 PM Reply   
Hi all~

Well, it's been a long day. Ja is finally home, the procedure is over, the surgery went smoothly. We got to Stanford Medical Center around 9:00 and left around 4:30. We would have left sooner but Jason didn't feel like waking up! The surgery went well, he ended up getting a cadaver graft. The doctor informed me that he had no fibers present from his ACL so thermal shrinking was not an option. This is what Jason wanted anyway. He also gave us some good news about Ja's knee..... Ja's Meniscus, MCL, and everything else are PERFECT.

Ja is sleeping now. We build a "fort" in the living room downstairs so he doesn't have to walk the stairs. He's got some cool ice cooler machine that circulates ice water through a pad on his knee to help with his healing process. And of course then there is vicodin.... Oh, and I guess on Monday he gets this rolling machine that will continuously move his leg. It should be an interesting week or so. I just look forward to having him feel better and seeing him smile again!

Thank you all for your continued support and friendship. For those of you who called today, I'm sorry I couldn't call you back. I will call you all tomorrow or this weekend.

Thanks again:-)

Old    piglet69            10-30-2003, 10:26 PM Reply   
I am so glad to hear that:-) Sounds like me, I never want to wake up either
I think he has a really good set of Docs it sounds like, can't wait to see you guys and him walking around soon :-)
HUGS
Old    tammy            10-31-2003, 7:02 AM Reply   
Great news Stef.... Give Ja our well wishes and I'm glad everything went well. Call me and let me know if he needs any games to help pass the time.

Love you guys!
Old     (psych3060)      Join Date: Sep 2002       10-31-2003, 7:07 AM Reply   
Great news Stef and Jason. Glad to hear all went well.
Old     (blackandblue)      Join Date: Oct 2002       10-31-2003, 7:58 AM Reply   
Hey Jason,
Glad to hear it went well, and also glad they did the whole sha-bang. It's better that way...but you know that already. I'm sure you'll be off your crutches in no time.
Where are you doing your PT??? Royal?

Remember...ICE ICE Baby!!!!!!!!

Swelling is your enemy!

6 months to go man...
Come on April...come one April...Is it April yet?

Take care buddy...
Old     (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-31-2003, 8:32 AM Reply   
Stef - Thanks for the update and glad to hear all went well! Ja is going to be a pro at that PS2 in the next couple months, huh? Wish him our best!
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-31-2003, 9:19 AM Reply   
Glad to hear it went well and that they are pulling out all the stops in terms of rehab tools. I'm glad we had those awesome few days of riding right before he went in, where Ja was really stepping it up big time!! Katie sends a message for him to heal up quickly so we can all go down to Gilroy!!
Talk to you guys soon. Call us if we can do anything.
Old    ampedmotodiva            11-07-2003, 2:32 PM Reply   
I would like to start by saying 'thank you' to all of you for offering so many kind words and support to Arun over the past couple of weeks. I'm happy to say that yesterday's cartiledge (Carticel) replacement surgery went very, very well.

He was discharged from the hospital this morning, and we've been home for a couple of hours now. Already, he's begun his CPM system rehab, and he's walking around on his crutches as if nothing ever happened. I'm still shocked that he made it up two flights of stairs and into our condo, but I think that has something to do with the morphine he was taking. The nurses gave him this little trigger-like device that allowed him to tap it any time he began feeling any pain. And being the jokester that he is, he tried to show off for his family last night by tapping that thing every couple of minutes, and within half an hour, he was nauseated, light-headed, and couldn't figure out why!! Needless to say, he took it easy on the morphine after that one, and was finally able to inhale the super chicken burrito he'd been craving for two days.

After speaking with his doctor again this morning, he has high hopes that Arun will be back on the water wakeboarding and surfing within the next 12 to 18 months. Although it's a pretty long recovery, they expect that this relatively new surgery will lengthen his knee's future and strength, as well as and fight away the potential for developing arthritis later on in life.

Again, I would like to thank you for all of your prayers and support. This is still a difficult time for Arun to try and accept that he won't be performing his favorite sports for over a year, but because he's so strong, young, and healthy, I'm sure he'll be back on the water in no time -- especially if he has all of you supporting him as much as you do.

Thanks, again. He appreciates all of this so very much. Anne-Michelle
Old     (motodivas)      Join Date: Sep 2002       11-07-2003, 2:56 PM Reply   
I love Arun... Anne Michele, can I come over and watch him do some more morphine tricks? :-) Make sure you take good care of him. I'll see you guys soon!
Heart,
Sarah
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-07-2003, 4:23 PM Reply   
Arun,
Glad to hear it went well! Take care good care of your body, mind, and spirit, and we'll look forward to having you back out on the water again schooling all the rest of us as soon as possible!
Peace,
Jimmy
Old    piglet69            11-08-2003, 7:42 AM Reply   
Arun, glad that you are on your foot already :-)
Take it real easy as you already know and relax for a looooong while ..
Hugs

Old    deltahoosier            11-11-2003, 9:06 AM Reply   
Hope to catch you soon Arun. I bet you will be all there expectations for recovery. Take care..

Rod

Old     (poon)      Join Date: Dec 2001       11-11-2003, 11:15 AM Reply   
Thanks for the support all. I definately can't wait to start riding again. By the way the best invention ever is Morphine. Woohoo.
Old    disbemrj            11-11-2003, 12:38 PM Reply   
Good luck on the recovery Arun. Hope to see you ridin' again soon.