Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (hco)      Join Date: Jun 2006       04-18-2011, 12:05 PM Reply   
Just looking for anyone who has any reccomendations for similar boards to an 08 Slingshot Reponse. I broke the 08, got an 09 and blew my knee out not too much later. Obviously not the boards fault, but the big change in the shape and flex left me not feeling as comfortable as I had hoped. In an attempt to feel good about my riding on a still recovering knee this summer I was wondering if anyone has any recomendations for similar boards. I heard the humanoid oracle flex is pretty comprable, but without being able to test any boards/any boardshops close at all I am looking for some help. I have ridden the CWB vibe but it wasn't quite what I was looking for.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-20-2011, 11:44 AM Reply   
The Choice is that old Response shape. It is their "economical" model, that will probably be my cable park board since it has the Dura base on a less expensive board.

http://www.slingshotsports.com/2011-...category=31583
Old     (hco)      Join Date: Jun 2006       04-21-2011, 10:56 AM Reply   
Thank A-dub, quick question before I go emailing slingshot, do only their bindings work on their fast track system? I don't see how my CWB's will end up fitting on their board.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-21-2011, 12:48 PM Reply   
Not sure, someone on here should know though. That fast track system does raise questions to me, as I know it is a negative on Burton snowboards, but could be different on wakeboards.
Old     (e_rock32)      Join Date: Oct 2009       04-21-2011, 1:00 PM Reply   
It works for all bindings, the fast track mounts stay in place by teeth inside the system when the binding is tightened down
Old     (hco)      Join Date: Jun 2006       04-21-2011, 2:21 PM Reply   
I just can't visualize how something with a clamp style/claw style screw can work with it. I also have friends who absolutely hate that style of binding system on their snowboards (granted the companies are different). Not sure if I am sold on it. Thanks for all the comments guys and if anyone else has alot of flex experience please chime in!
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-21-2011, 11:37 PM Reply   
i am gona go out on a limb and guess as i have only seen one 2011 slingshot board with my own eyes (without boots.)

judging from the pictures from the video (one with the bolt sticking up. and the other with the Cap screwed on)
http://www.slingshotsports.com/wake_videos

the bolt will come up through the hardware of the boot/binding from the bottom. the bolt looks long enough that it ought to go up and through CWB (and other brands) hardware pieces. The tricky part is capping the top off so the boot stays tight and secure. the provided capping piece may or may not work with some other brands without sticking up a lot. Or maybe the provided topper wont be wide enough. you may have to use a different nut or something from the hardware store to cap it off if the provided one does not work well.

BUT AGAIN, this is a guess educated by mostly looking at a video and pics
Attached Images

Last edited by wakerider111; 04-21-2011 at 11:42 PM.
Old     (Musgrove)      Join Date: Dec 2010       04-22-2011, 8:17 AM Reply   
il admit the bolt coming up is hard to mount boots that arent slingshot. my company vandalls had to be rearranged for my 2011 recoil