Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 04, 2005

Old     (ponyh8r)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-14-2005, 10:30 AM Reply   
I was wondering which CWB is being used in Scrubs of the South. It seems like a lot of riders in several of my videos are using a CWB that has an all blue bottom with just the CWB logo. I am guessing that the board is several years old, but I would think that they have a newer version of it. The board is featured a lot in Scrubs of the South and Wake Evolution.

Does anyone know?

Thanks mike
Old     (cocheese)      Join Date: Jul 2004       01-14-2005, 11:23 AM Reply   
I would guess that it is an absolute. Here is the link to the board.
http://www.wakeworld.com/boardguide/getboard4.asp?ProductID=1703
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-14-2005, 11:34 AM Reply   
2003 Absolute is all blue on the bottom
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-14-2005, 1:13 PM Reply   
Yes they do have a new version of the Absolute. They update/improve it each year. The new version rides better but that 2003 shape was groundbreaking & rides worlds better then the 2002.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-15-2005, 5:44 AM Reply   
i ride HL but have had the pleasure of riding a lot of the new CWB as well as the old and while it is funny how they change that absolute every year ,this years version is the best yet and ill be riding one by summer..

BTW cWB has stepped it up the last two years board and bindings are top notch ...
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-15-2005, 8:26 AM Reply   
I actually didn't enjoy the new Absolute as much as the 03 and 04. I thought it rode a little too tight. I actually thought it rode more like a Transcend than the previous Absolute.
Old     (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       01-15-2005, 11:31 AM Reply   
The board they are riding is the CWB absolute Platium. It is the 03, I have the same board. great board to ride.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-17-2005, 3:45 PM Reply   
Jrod did you try it with no center fin??i liked it with the center fin but rode it without for a set and it was plenty loose for me :-)

ill be putting that .75 fin on it instead of the 1.3 ...it rides great with that small fin on it IMO
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-17-2005, 3:47 PM Reply   

quote:

ill be putting that .75 fin on it instead of the 1.3 ...it rides great with that small fin on it IMO

my friends that ride the absolute said the same thing. when i rode the '03 absolute, i liked everything about it, except it being too grippy. maybe i'll try the '05 w/ smaller fins.

on another note, how does the transcend compare to the absolute? speed? pop? tracking? landing?

thanks.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-17-2005, 4:07 PM Reply   
Joe: For me, The Transcend had more pop. The board took me straight up which I loved. I thought it tracked better than the Absolute only because it rode a little tighter. But it's super slow! If you don't like slow boards, you'll hate it. Just my opinion.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-17-2005, 4:08 PM Reply   
When I rode the 05 Absolute, it had the center fins on. Next time I'll try it without.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-17-2005, 4:09 PM Reply   
thanks jrod. i figured it'd be slow. when it first came out, i posted something along the lines of, "3inches+ rocker? that thing must be slow!"

i'm still curious though...i wanna demo that board.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-18-2005, 7:48 AM Reply   
no prob. I would still ride it again. It's a fun board.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-18-2005, 10:58 AM Reply   
The thing is slow but when you get it on edge it practically leaps off the top of the wake. Not abrupt or a hard hit, just real smooth vertical pop. The Absolute isn't really that far behind it when it comes to major rocker, they both ride with their noses way up in the air. I rode the Transcend with .33" fins & it was still plenty grippy, too bad they don't make those for it. I ride my Absolute finless(w/o the center fin, Joe ), & it's great. I would however like a small fin. The thing I noticed most is the better release off the wake, you can kinda cheat your big spins. The fin would be nice for that little extra drive into the wake.