Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Tucker_McElroy)      Join Date: Mar 2012       07-31-2012, 1:49 PM Reply   
How has the drought effecting your wakeboarding? Here in Arizona we have one lake that is below 45% and contiously falling. Other lakes are almost completely full due to how they are managing the water. Of course the lake I go to is the on that is probably 50-100 feet below the high water mark. This reduced the surface area of the lake by approximately half or more. Luckily the economy has probably kept half of the regular users away too.

How is the drought effecting your area? Here are the drought maps for Arizona.

Old    LR3w8kbrdr            07-31-2012, 1:55 PM Reply   
I'll send rain your way from FL. My lake keeps rising
Old     (scotthons)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-31-2012, 2:03 PM Reply   
It has actually opened up more beaches for us to anchor on and there is still plenty of water to board.
Old     (Tucker_McElroy)      Join Date: Mar 2012       07-31-2012, 2:11 PM Reply   
What state are you in Scott?
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-31-2012, 2:52 PM Reply   
It is dry here and most of the lakes are very low. I ride on the river and it's lower than normal, but still 40+ feet most places.
Old     (scotthons)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-31-2012, 3:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucker_McElroy View Post
What state are you in Scott?
New Mexico. We only go to Navajo Lake which borders NM/CO.
Old     (RedRum)      Join Date: Nov 2010       07-31-2012, 6:02 PM Reply   
Yup, plenty of water to ride on Navajo yet. The beaches are great too.
Old     (rdlangston13)      Join Date: Feb 2011       07-31-2012, 6:52 PM Reply   
it was us in TX last summer. We still have lakes 50% low or so this year from the drought last year. Isn't Arizona a desert and supposed to be dry?
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       07-31-2012, 8:11 PM Reply   
Here in Kansas it is really dry. Our lake is down probably 5 feet which means that I can not get the boat on the lift.

I am much more worried about feeding and watering my cattle. Last week we had to move some because their water dried up. Next week we will be installing an automatic water(off city water) in another pasture. All of the corn is burnt up which means that it is going to cost a fortune to feed them and cattle prices are dropping.

This drought sucks.