Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 21, 2006

Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-21-2006, 1:56 PM Reply   
Waited to post until I had the fix and PP had a chance to work it out. I've seen alot of posts about PP issues and thought this might help someone else.

With PP 'on' and engaged, the boat would randomly accelerate and throttle control would go back to manual control. We didn't see any indications of problems on the PP display and couldn't figure out why. I'd have to control it manually until the rider fell. After that it worked as it should until the next random event. Seemed to be happening after turning and going through my own wake or chop. And never to only one particular driver.

Well, seems it's a combination of PP features (or lack there of) and the driver. With no override in the new PP, the system will dis-engage when it reaches and tries to pass the throttle position.

Situation;
Accelerate and leave throttle position in the halfway position. When making a turn PP wants to advance to maintain set speed. If it has to go past half throttle the system will disengage, return to manual throttle and hold the half throttle speed.

Solution;
Pull rider up and wait for PP to engage. Once engaged and at set speed advance throttle to 3/4-wide open throttle position. It has no effect on boat speed as PP is handling it and gives PP room to control throttle in turns or other times it needs to increase. We tested it yesterday afternoon and found it didn't dis-engage when using this procedure.

Hope it helps some else.