Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old    Pride1080            08-08-2013, 2:54 PM Reply   
Hi, I recently started wakeboarding at my new local cable park, after years of snowboarding and monoski - love it!

I bought my first board, which is a Jobe Vanity 141 with Brigade bindings. I'm really enjoying riding it, but did something very stupid when I got it!

When I unpacked it and removed the Sellotape holding the paper on, they'd not used the low-tack stuff, so sticky residue was left.

Having used nail varnish remover to get similar substances off my plastic-topped snowboards, I thoughtlessly did the same; but when I had finished and washed it down, I could see I'd damaged the gloss finish.

It now has a matt finish where I applied it. You can't see the difference unless light is shined on it; and I think it's only the top gloss layer, so no deep damage.

I know I probably can't get it perfect, but is there anything that can improve and add some gloss back?

Thanks
Old     (mccormickscablepark)      Join Date: Jun 2013       08-08-2013, 2:58 PM Reply   
Stickers
Old     (Kane)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-09-2013, 7:19 AM Reply   
Nail varnish might work?
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       08-09-2013, 8:31 AM Reply   
I've done the exact same thing on a new board before. You can't fix it. My best advice is to hit a rail or two and never worry about it again.
Old    Pride1080            08-10-2013, 8:28 AM Reply   
Hmm. Wood polish has helped a little, just looks cloudy. Would be good to improve further; main thing is it rides great!
Old    Pride1080            08-10-2013, 8:29 AM Reply   
And you're right, once I had my first run and realised how much I like this board, it mattered a lot less!

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who did something this silly!