Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       06-21-2012, 9:12 AM Reply   
Nice looking rig our local MC/SC dealer just got..

I dig.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-21-2012, 9:14 AM Reply   
Looking good!!!
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-21-2012, 9:28 AM Reply   
Looks OK, not sure I can get down with the bow. It just looks too much like searay or four winns deck boat. AKA big, slow, ugly. Also not a fan of the chinsy tower. I know it isn't much more substantial but why in the hell aren't they putting the S-bend tower on the moomba's. They have 2 options for towers on supra's and then this tower plus maybe another for moomba. The Sbend can't cost much if any more then that tower and it would eliminate a product that has to sit in their warehouse. Looks much better as well. Overall I nice boat and would love to have one. Just have to order it without a tower and throw on a samson.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       06-21-2012, 9:36 AM Reply   
you're a chronic over analyzer.
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-21-2012, 9:45 AM Reply   
Wait, when the heck did midwest mc acquire sc stuff? Is forrest lake motorsports not selling sc now? That would be sweet if thats the case.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-21-2012, 9:49 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_mn View Post
you're a chronic over analyzer.
You are probably right. The fact is I would love to have 99% of the boats talked about on here.

Last edited by polarbill; 06-21-2012 at 9:54 AM.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       06-21-2012, 10:18 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by trdon View Post
Wait, when the heck did midwest mc acquire sc stuff? Is forrest lake motorsports not selling sc now? That would be sweet if thats the case.
Just recently.

I think FLake is now out of the inboard game.. Finally - those guys suck.
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-21-2012, 10:40 AM Reply   
MarineMax bought FLake Motorsports and Midwest MC took on the SC line.
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       06-21-2012, 10:52 AM Reply   
My buddy just got a new Mojo, similar colors but more black and we just upgraded the rear bags to 1100lbs.

For people who haven't rode the Mojo, it is NO JOKE! The wake is Big, steep, clean and narrow. It seems every trick is into the flats, and it has a LOT of vertical pop. I had an XLV before and they have improved on the wake and wave in every way.

I know everyone talks about the wakeboard wake on the Axis and MB for budget boats but the Mojo wake is legit. Its definitley of the same caliber and you can weight the boat a lot. Its not mellow though, this wake has POP. I encourage everyone to take a set on it, you won't be disappointed.
Old     (dahmsy686)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-21-2012, 11:27 AM Reply   
I believe the tracker marine group bought FL motorsports. They now only sell tracker products.

Midwest is going to have a new location out in victoria. Under a different name as well.
Old     (mark197)      Join Date: Dec 2009       06-21-2012, 11:36 AM Reply   
Levi any shots of the wb wake?
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-21-2012, 11:40 AM Reply   
Seems like everybody has steped up their game Moomba included. I would rank it right in the top end of value priced boats. Nice Job Moomba.
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-21-2012, 12:24 PM Reply   
I saw the prototype Mojo on Telico lake a lot last summer. Some one was always either wakeboarding or surfing, never got close enough to see the wake myself though.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-21-2012, 5:30 PM Reply   
I'd have to see it in person to make a real decision on it but that bow/nose is a bit odd to me based on the pictures. I don't dislike this tower but I've always thought that the crossbars on Moombas made the tower appear less substantial than they actually are. Really like the black windsheild frame.
Old     (nautiquesonly)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-21-2012, 6:04 PM Reply   
Like the boat but can't get past the fact that it is called the mojo!
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       06-21-2012, 6:08 PM Reply   
We will get some pics/vids of the wake in the next week or so. We got it dialed and couldn't be happier with the wake.
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-21-2012, 6:48 PM Reply   
Id love to see the pics. I do like the boat, and also have a problem with the name I have a morbid facination with moombas and I dont know why. The discription of the wake sounds right up my alley. I have a OG SAN and love the kicker narrowness of my wake. I have a hard time looking at boats with a wide beam because I know my lazy self would ride a 50' rope to clear the wake easy. Heck I ride a 65" at 23.5 on my SAN now. I need to try to get out there on one of these things. Im glad Andy got the SC line, he will do well with it. There was a dealer at FL i just couldnt stand. He was such a load, I would have driven to Nisswa to get a new moomba vs buying from him. I have always liked Andy and the MWMC crew. It is good to see sc didnt leave the city all together.
Old     (bjames)      Join Date: May 2012       06-26-2012, 2:20 PM Reply   
I have heard the Mojos wake is pretty impressive, however have not seen it myself. Personally I hold a very high respect for the LSV
Old     (rdlangston13)      Join Date: Feb 2011       06-26-2012, 2:33 PM Reply   
I like my LSV wake pretty good, boots you vertical much quicker than the axis a20 wake IMO.
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       06-26-2012, 8:11 PM Reply   
I've ridden all the moomba's wakes, and I would say the Mojo is the best yet.
Old     (slidin_out)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-27-2012, 7:54 AM Reply   
riding partna has one, he stepped up from an 08 Outback V, wake is much improved, he runs about 25% in the rear bags (because everyone sits in the back), front ballast full plus two more 250 bags in the bow with the wake plate about halfway up, we get booted well by it, this setup produces the cleanest wake with about 6-8 people crammed in the cabin area, with only 3-4 he fills the rear bags most of the way up, the boat needs a lot of nose weight, i actually think the nose of the boat looks a lot like the G23 nose, you could probably add 3-4k of weight in the boat easily because of how high it sits in the water