Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (venom93corba)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-07-2013, 11:48 AM Reply   
Alright I just took delivery of this baby yesterday and to say i'm impressed is an understatement. I bought this boat, site unseen, and just went off of a boat load (he he) of pictures. With all the negative press these boats have been getting this was a HUGE risk on my part. As we went through the boat for the first time I was convinced that this thing was going to have fit and finish issues all over the place. That was not the case . . . at all. The is my second boat, first was a 2009 Supra 21V Launch. When I went through the Supra I found screws, nuts and washers all over the place under the seat cushions. On the Epic I found nothing. Also from a previous Epic post someone had posted the foam on the rear swim deck was misaligned. Not the case here, it was perfect.

Step 1, time to hit the water! This thing is a beast. First thing I noticed was how solid the boat felt. The resin hull handles chop like no bodies business. And the Samson tower was so solid I felt like taking on Big Foot in a tug-of-war match. On my Supra that thing shook from day one. Aside from calibrating the GPS and the cpu learning full throttle it was a normal day on the water.

Step 2, check the wake. With the ballast empty there was wash on the left side. Popped open the left tank for literally a few seconds and the problem was gone. On full ballast (4K 24mph) same issue, wash. We drained the right for a few seconds and the problem was gone. The wake is huge. Use just have to play with it and find out what works. On the Supra I never really did find the sweet spot, ha ha.

Step 3, Audio. Holy fcuking $hit, this system rocks. Wetsounds are the bomb. Yes being a Supra man I was a stock Polk audio man. This system could keep up with an AC/DC concert. The bass in this thing is IN-CREDIBLE. Why I never invested in Wetsounds equipment before I'll never know but now I will never buy anything else.

So far I haven't found one quality issue or have had anything malfunction. So only time will tell if I made the right choice and as of right now . . . I am one happy customer!
Attached Images