Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (dbdb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-26-2012, 12:03 PM Reply   
32 years old. My family owns a trucking company and we do refrigerated LTL out of Chicago. I do a little bit of everything there, but mostly dispatch and sales(we do about 1 million pounds of southbound LTL per week). I think its funny when people say "I am my own boss and I love the hours." I am kind of my own boss and I think I put more time and effort in here than just about anyone else because of it. I think if I worked for someone else, I'd have more time on my hands! My wife is a pharmaceutical sales rep. We bought our first 2005 Centurion Elite V new in 2006 when I was 26 years old for 28k and we now have an 07 X15 thanks to getting almost all of the money out of the Centurion last year and a really really good deal on the X15.

As far as the financing / cash conversation here....I really don't finance anything except for my main residence. I understand that there are ways to invest the cash and that it might be the smarter thing to do, but I'd just rather not pay interest and also not risk the money.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-26-2012, 2:03 PM Reply   
46 yrs old. I'm a Systems Administrator for Sysco Foods. Currently on my 5th boat, first one was in 1993. Been into slalom, wakeboard & hydrofoil. Currently a SkySki rider. And recently got into paddleboard.

To the OP, my great grand dad was a land acquisitions guy for the oil boom in west Texas in the early 1900s. He built several company towns over many years, acting as mayor & post master for several of them. I believe it's Crane, TX that all the streets are named after all his kids names (my grand dad & great aunts & uncles).
Old     (dbdb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-26-2012, 2:22 PM Reply   
Hey Bill, we deliver to all the Sysco's
Old     (JohnP)      Join Date: Mar 2012       04-26-2012, 2:28 PM Reply   
20 yrs old. Work for a construction company while being a student and studying construction management. Still have my first boat 1984 MC stars & stripes. Always dreaming of a upgrade
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       04-26-2012, 2:33 PM Reply   
Still a lawyer.... Got a new boat coming - here's a sneak peek....
Attached Images

Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-26-2012, 3:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbdb View Post
Hey Bill, we deliver to all the Sysco's
Too funny. Small world, huh. My first boat was on Pine Lake...... near Issaquah, WA.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-26-2012, 3:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by trio View Post
We need a social network for the sport! Wake Book or My Wake. lol
Or WakeFirst? http://www.facebook.com/Wakefirst

I think he's a member here......
Old     (seangriswold)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-11-2012, 6:23 AM Reply   
31 yo. Single with no kiddos and work in Medical Device Sales in the Raleigh-Durham area. I must say this is a very interesting thread!
Attached Images

Old     (seangriswold)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-11-2012, 6:27 AM Reply   
Felt the need to post a more recent shot of the tow vehicle....I forgot how plain it looked before the mods...anyway..enjoy
Attached Images

Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       05-11-2012, 9:31 AM Reply   
29, Raleigh area

Work as a cost engineer for one of the nations largest specialty construction contractors. 2 kids and an ex wife.

My ride:
02 MC 209
Tow ride:
06 Yukon denail

Old     (codykauz)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-11-2012, 11:26 PM Reply   
26- Flight Paramedic for Mercy ONE air ambulance in Des Moines, IA. 2006 Mobius XLV and 07 Escalade EXT. Not married and no kids. Currently looking to sell the boat and probably try and catch a good end of season deal on a Supra come fall. I would like to relocate to about anywhere else though if anybody knows of anything interesting with fire or EMS.
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       05-12-2012, 5:22 AM Reply   
Cody if your interested in moving out west Intel is always looking for EMT'S.Their world headquarters are located here in Oregon and construction is booming.They work a rotating shift three on one week than four on the next so you always have at least a three day weekend
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       05-12-2012, 10:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by h20king View Post
Cody if your interested in moving out west Intel is always looking for EMT'S.Their world headquarters are located here in Oregon and construction is booming.They work a rotating shift three on one week than four on the next so you always have at least a three day weekend
Harrold... you work at Intel...?

I guess now's as good a time as any to finally respond to this thread:

I am 38, and I work at Intel as the Finance Controller for a product division (desktop motherboards to be exact).

Originally from Socal, so I really struggle through the rainy season, but when things turn nice like this past week, there's not better place to live on earth!

See what I mean...

Old     (CobraRob)      Join Date: Aug 2010       05-13-2012, 1:07 AM Reply   
Funny enough I work for one of the major equipment suppliers to Intel.

I would not agree on the best place to live though Not a long enough summer.

Mastercraft x-45 for the tug boat.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       05-13-2012, 2:26 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraRob View Post
Funny enough I work for one of the major equipment suppliers to Intel.

I would not agree on the best place to live though Not a long enough summer.

Mastercraft x-45 for the tug boat.
Novellus...?

BTW... I live in Sherwood too. And I have only seen one X-45 here. If it's yours, then you live very close to me. What a small world.
Old     (CobraRob)      Join Date: Aug 2010       05-13-2012, 2:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfe View Post
Novellus...?

BTW... I live in Sherwood too. And I have only seen one X-45 here. If it's yours, then you live very close to me. What a small world.
Well it's Novellus for the next couple of days atleast. Then we get our name change from the Merger to LAM.

Black and white 45? The 07 version with basically the hard break at the last 15% from black to white. I am basically in that neighborhood behind the Safeway.
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       05-13-2012, 5:26 AM Reply   
Ixfe I am a Union pipe fitter working as a foreman for Harder mechanical. I have been at Intel for years and am just finishing up the debug lab in RA3 before we make the move to D1X. Rob small world done my share of work at Novellus as well. I have to agree summer is not long enough but when it does get nice there is no better place to be
Attached Images

Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       05-13-2012, 8:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
Well it's Novellus for the next couple of days atleast. Then we get our name change from the Merger to LAM.

Black and white 45? The 07 version with basically the hard break at the last 15% from black to white. I am basically in that neighborhood behind the Safeway.
Too funny... that is you I have seen on Lavender. I live just across Roy Rogers. Do you guys ride at Rogers Landing?

I'll keep an eye out for you.
Old     (Fiveflat)      Join Date: Sep 2010       05-13-2012, 8:51 AM Reply   
Still a Clinical Engineer on Linear Accelerators.

I just sold my Tige for a profit!

Working out the details to pick up this hopefully in a week or so:

Name:  LS3.jpg
Views: 2890
Size:  35.2 KB
Old     (CobraRob)      Join Date: Aug 2010       05-13-2012, 7:17 PM Reply   
Quote:
Too funny... that is you I have seen on Lavender. I live just across Roy Rogers. Do you guys ride at Rogers Landing?

I'll keep an eye out for you.
Wait a second was your boat last year blue?
Old     (V)      Join Date: Dec 2011       05-13-2012, 7:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveflat View Post
Still a Clinical Engineer on Linear Accelerators.

I just sold my Tige for a profit!

Working out the details to pick up this hopefully in a week or so:

Attachment 22254
Does that occupation translate into medical maintenance?
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       05-13-2012, 7:48 PM Reply   
Quote:
Wait a second was your boat last year blue?
No... but I know who you are talking about. That's a blue Centurion. There's another guy on that street with a tribal MB (black/white).

I actually live one neighborhood over (Heron Ridge).
Old     (CobraRob)      Join Date: Aug 2010       05-14-2012, 3:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
No... but I know who you are talking about. That's a blue Centurion. There's another guy on that street with a tribal MB (black/white).

I actually live one neighborhood over (Heron Ridge).

Yep.. He is directly across RR from me I stopped by to say hi at some point last year since we both drove up at the same time a few Saturdays.

But yep I am on Lavender. When I get back from Singapore I am going to go pick it up from storage and put on some Rev410s. I want to see your wakesetter in person though at some point. I like the white.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-14-2012, 3:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattwake View Post
Still a lawyer.... Got a new boat coming - here's a sneak peek....
Are you posting pics of your new boat everywhere like that "Cowbell" guy?
Old     (Fiveflat)      Join Date: Sep 2010       05-14-2012, 5:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by V View Post
Does that occupation translate into medical maintenance?
More or less, but I don't work on defibs, vents, or gurneys... Just Linacs and CTs
Old     (WaterBullDawg)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-12-2012, 3:03 PM Reply   
Nice thread fellas. We all should be doing more networking on here!
Old     (bryce2320)      Join Date: May 2012       06-12-2012, 3:39 PM Reply   
I'm a welder at a refinery in Kansas. I just bought my 2nd boat, its an 04 Tigè 21i. I'm 20 years old and want to go back to college to b an engineer so I can make more money haha
Old     (jgriffn)      Join Date: Jun 2012       06-12-2012, 5:28 PM Reply   
31 years old, 2 girls 8 and 12, from Kansas. Rig manager for a drilling contractor. Drilling for oil in Colorado. Just picked up a 2012 Malibu Wakesetter 247, previous boat was an 05 VLX.
Old     (coda281)      Join Date: Jun 2011       06-12-2012, 5:44 PM Reply   
Boat : None
Old     (WaterBullDawg)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-12-2012, 6:17 PM Reply   
Drill baby drill!
Old     (Richard)      Join Date: May 2012       06-12-2012, 8:19 PM Reply   
31 live in Arkansas, ups employee for 13 years, driver for 5 years and co own a motorcross track for 7 years now.wife 30, we just started her own hair salon. 3 stepkids, 10,7,3. I kept my home for a rental property and we live in hers. 2003 air nautique 216 financed. But a sweet deal and already got an offer way over what I paid. I'm gonna keep her though. I finance alot of things but they are always paid off way before maturity date.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       06-12-2012, 8:25 PM Reply   
i already posted, but if anyone is looking for a 37 year old sales rep in capital equipment in medical, dental, that is in the top 10% of there company, i am looking to move to a seaons that lasts much longer than 4 months. i live pittsbugh but would love march till november.
Old     (silvermustang35)      Join Date: Jul 2008       06-13-2012, 5:10 AM Reply   
Figured I would post on here finally. I remember this thread from a while back.
29 years old, IT Business Systems Analyst for a local healthcare system that owns 14 hospitals and 3 pharmacies etc.
Support for Radiation Oncology, our Air Rescue program, etc. Not married, no kids, so all my money goes to gas for the boat and wetsounds haha. 2010 Axis A22 with 350 hours on it. I remember buying it with .03 hours on it. We have been killing it in the summer. Hopin to upgrade tow vehicles at some point soon. Using my 05 Silverado 1500 and it does ok, but I want a diesel.
Just edited to add pic of boat,
taken last weekend..not bad for 350 Hours!
Attached Images

Last edited by silvermustang35; 06-13-2012 at 5:13 AM. Reason: Added pic