Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 14, 2003

Old    stormrider            10-14-2003, 9:18 AM Reply   
Last I saw you were throwing this huge, sweet, slow tantrum. An hour later a Malibu was towing your boat in and you weren't in it. What was the final prognosis?
Old     (wakeripper)      Join Date: Oct 2002       10-14-2003, 10:23 AM Reply   
Yeah what gives? I haven't heard hide nor hare of him. When is the next Martinez trip? We are planning on going Oct. 24-26. I will post something as it gets closer thought to see if anyone is interested. I do believe that i was told the last time i saw Todd he was going to show me how to do Raleys the right way..... I'm tired of crashing man it hurts
Old     (canaday)      Join Date: Dec 2002 Location: Hawthorne       10-14-2003, 11:09 AM Reply   
Randy's going to the river? Todd had a concussion this weekend with a loss of memory for a few hours, but I believe he is alright. That is what I heard from Greg.
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       10-14-2003, 11:22 AM Reply   
Todd knocked himself out doing a Krypt. When the boat went to turn around to pick him up they hit a rock and ruined the prop and probably bent the shaft.

Todd went to the hospital in Yuma but is okay, just a bad concussion. He's still suffering from CRS (can't remember sh*t) though.

I'm thinking about heading back out this weekend but I'll go next weekend too.
Old    dropzero            10-14-2003, 11:53 AM Reply   
Hope you are feeling better "G" man.
Bill, I was talking to Todd last week about heading out this coming weekend. Do you know if he is still interested?
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       10-14-2003, 12:05 PM Reply   
Rony, I have no idea since I don't know what the doctors recommended. I only talked to him for a couple of minutes last night so you might want to give him a call. But I'm up for another trip!
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       10-14-2003, 12:49 PM Reply   
FYI:

A couple months ago, I was also throwing a krypt in 2 feet of chop ( dumb idea i know ) and came up short. I was knocked out cold for 30 seconds, and my boys had to "baywatch" me. Luckily I was face up and wearing USCGA vest. I had no idea where I was, who I was with. I was comnpletley out of it. To this day 10 weeks later I cannot remeber any events of that day and virtually the entire night. I wnet to the hosspitial the following day and received a catscan that showed swelling in the right side of my brain, but nothing too abnormal.

For several weeks after the accidnet I had balance problems and now have somewhat of a lazy eye on my right eye which has affcted my vision. I was diagnosed wiht a very severe grade 2 concussion and told to take a minimum of 6-8 weeks off. I meet with a neurologist every 6 weeks for testing hopefully to avoid any permanent damage. Side effects including memorly loss, dizziness, etc can last in my case for 3 mos. Also, every time you get a concussion, your chances of permanent problems increase 3 fold ( what I was informed ).

I got my first touch of riding last weekend and was able to throw down some inverts and get back to waht I love doing, being on the boat wiht my friends and riding.

I wish Todd the very best in a speedy recovery! Take care bro

-= peace =-
Aaron
Lazyboy aka LazyEye ;)
Old     (wakeripper)      Join Date: Oct 2002       10-14-2003, 2:22 PM Reply   
Todd, If you can read this and aren't seeing 3 posts, i feel your pain. I hope you are feeling alright. I am sure that the Dr. would prescribe a carefree weekend at the River putting back some cold ones with your bros as therapy.

Sean yess i know....hmmm cold ones. We may also have room in the boat and the river ride to take you next weekend if we go since one of our regulars will be moving into his new house.

I have been trying Raleys lately and i do wear a helmet (no jokes Sean or JohnR) but after a set behind JohnR's SAN with like 3,000 lbs of ballast and a knee high wake and two really funny guys pushing me to go bigger. I ate it hard and was seeing stars and haven't had the sack to try it lately so i know trying these tricks is just painful!!!!!
Old     (zigzagsd)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-14-2003, 9:02 PM Reply   
me...jokes??? come on randy, would i do something like that?

seriously, todd -- i'm glad you're not badly injured. hope you can get out with us someday. i'm sure we'll see you at the lake again soon.
Old     (canaday)      Join Date: Dec 2002 Location: Hawthorne       10-15-2003, 10:49 AM Reply   
Randy, let me know.
Old     (wakepaula)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-15-2003, 1:07 PM Reply   
Todd was good enough to come into the shop to get his board yesterday, so he's upright and getting around town. I don't think he'll be riding his new board anytime soon though. He looked Dazed and confused and when I called him to tell him that his board arrived he said....."Uhh, what board?" I had to remind him that he was waiting on his warranty board to come through. Needles to say, he was happy and in good spirits:-)

See you out on the water soon Todd!:-)
Old    todd_g            10-15-2003, 1:39 PM Reply   
Here is the video... Im doing better but I have severe CRS this weekend is a blur....im glad I was wearing my life vest

http://www.wakepics.com/media/Todd_River_Crash_TKO.wmv
Old    todd_g            10-15-2003, 4:52 PM Reply   
here is the link from wakepics

http://www.wakepics.com/img/9282
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       10-15-2003, 4:55 PM Reply   
good to hear you are ok man, take some time off so you can heal

let me know when you want to head out again
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-15-2003, 8:14 PM Reply   
I've been trying raleys lately too. Haven't slapped the noodle, but I have slapped the beans a couple times.

HOLY CRAP Todd that looked bad. Whiplash and a concussion. I would say take it with your forehead and not your chin man, but it didn't look like you had much of a choice.
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-16-2003, 12:51 AM Reply   
Thane , beans you say, ive heard the boys yell a couple times on nut cracker crashes. Im thinking, sqeeze your legs together if at all possible when but checking from raley attempts. I had to lay there in the water for a while recovering from one crash.
Old    sdchicka            10-17-2003, 3:32 PM Reply   
todd- what happened? you were even wearing the lucky yellow shorts. i think you should just head out to the river with us this weekend and relax on the xstar with a cold beer in each hand. i hope you are back up to speed soon.
Old    todd_g            10-17-2003, 4:08 PM Reply   
sorry jen cant make it this weekend. I got to work

have fun
todd
Old     (iewc_vp)      Join Date: Aug 2001       10-17-2003, 4:18 PM Reply   
What up Todd,

That looked like fun! Glad to hear your alright. Keep rockin it!

Tim
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-17-2003, 8:06 PM Reply   
hey another frantrum thrower! ;)

best wishes on a speedy recovery man. that looked brutal.

(Message edited by deepstructure on October 17, 2003)