Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (phillywakeboarder)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-25-2011, 7:37 PM Reply   
Has anyone used bullet lines? I've always used proline or accurate but you can get an 80 foot bullet line on ebay for about 40 bucks and after chopping up two $100 lines this season (please don't ask) I'd like to save a few bucks if I can but I don't want to buy a piece of junk either.
Old     (bhyatt_ohp)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-25-2011, 7:56 PM Reply   
i would recommend this over the Bullet Line: http://www.amazon.com/Kwik-Tek-Wakeb.../dp/B000OF926E

I rode with this setup behind my friend's VLX two weekends ago and was extremely impressed with the quality, especially of the mainline. The line doesn't tangle or stretch and floats. The handle is mediocre, but this handle and rope for the same price as the bullet line with shipping cost, you essentially get an extra handle for free.
Old    mojo            08-25-2011, 7:58 PM Reply   
Bullet lines steals products from designers. Truth
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       08-25-2011, 7:59 PM Reply   
I have a non-coated Bullet Line. Its ok. Havent had any real problems with it, but you really do need to make sure its not tangled before you start feeding it out. I've found the best way to solve this problem is to toss it into the water before your run. The price was good, and I'm used to watching for tangles now, but without checking the link myself, Bhyatt's suggestion is probably better.
Sidenote, the handle we got with the rope sucked really hard.
Old     (fuzzball147)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-26-2011, 3:42 AM Reply   
I use the air head kwik tech line that is listed above. I got a great deal on it and have had very good luck. This is its second year and it's been really good, just some fading from the sun.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-26-2011, 6:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
Bullet lines steals products from designers. Truth
There has been some heated wakeworld fights over bullet lines.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            08-26-2011, 7:02 AM Reply   
A can of worms has been opened. Happens every time over on the malibu & nautique forums
Old     (phillywakeboarder)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-26-2011, 7:32 AM Reply   
I'm not trying to start a fight! Just wanna know about a rope! Have to pull the boat today - this may be the first time in history that wakeboarding in philadelphia is coming to a halt because of a hurricane.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       08-26-2011, 7:58 AM Reply   
I got a bullet for my winch. Works like a rope should!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       08-26-2011, 8:04 AM Reply   
This ones a good deal too:

http://www.the-house.com/wkhslev65bl...le-combos.html
Old     (lalh20)      Join Date: Jun 2011       08-26-2011, 9:55 AM Reply   
X3 on the Kwik Tech. I bought that this winter and then had buyers remorse on such a cheap rope so bought a $109 (i think straight line?) rope. The kwik tec is 2X better. No matter what you get, get the plastic coating. You can ball that stuff up and throw it off the boat and walla!- no tangles!

I wish it were not green but oh well. If anyone wants a high end $109 rope in red for a good price that was only used twice, let me know.
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-26-2011, 10:16 AM Reply   
I am a firm believer that most coated ropes come out of the same factory.

just go look on alibaba

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/42...oard_line.html

I guess what i'm trying to say is that any coated rope is going to be fine for most.

I know that i can't tell the difference from one coated rope to another however there are some riders that can.
for example some of the proline coated ropes still have some stretch in them.
Old    mojo            08-26-2011, 10:26 AM Reply   
The dyneema line is nice. Thin and easy to coil. Don't support thieves though
Old     (getssum)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-26-2011, 1:55 PM Reply   
Have one of their lines, no major differences between theirs and say a proline LG series line. Often you can find an lg handle and line combo for like 70$ though, and I usually go that way.

Can't beat a coated line for 40$ shipped though.
Old     (humboldt9)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-29-2011, 3:39 PM Reply   
I have the Bullet coated line and I think it's junk. It knots up easily and the foam padding on the handle ripped in less than a year. I'd maybe consider as a back up but I won't be buying another one.
Old     (texastbird)      Join Date: May 2003       08-29-2011, 5:17 PM Reply   
I bought a bullit line about three sasons ago. It has held up well, although the jacket is getting brittle at this time. I nteed a handle this time so i will probably shop for a combo. I have a bullit handle (EVA) too, and while it is okay, it is a backup or winter/glove handle at best for me.
Old     (thedoubleupkid)      Join Date: May 2008       08-30-2011, 9:32 AM Reply   
I'd pass on that Kwik-Tek gear if you are riding at a mid/high level. I'll just be honest - you get what you pay for.

Haven't heard much from Bullet lines.

Most coated ropes do not come from the same factory.

-Casey
Old     (phillywakeboarder)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-01-2011, 6:57 AM Reply   
Thanks everyone. I appreciate it. Have a great labor day weekend!