Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 26, 2009

Old     (timmylikewake)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-06-2009, 2:16 PM Reply   
where have people had the best luck selling a used boat? Also can someone help me price it? It lists at 22K low and 26K average. Its in great shape, new seat bases, new fiberglass platform. Merc 350 Mag, 600 hrs, Tower speakers, tandem axel trailer with brakes, gray, tower bimini, full cover. It doesnt have perfect pass or internal ballast, throws a great wake even without and we've never had trouble keeping speed. Any advice or ideas would be great http://www2.worldpub.net/images/newboats/newboats_1310_02.jpg
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       04-06-2009, 2:22 PM Reply   
onlyinboards.com
boattrader
this site

List it on the high side. You can always come down. That said, you should be able to get high 20s even with 600hrs out of an 04
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-06-2009, 2:28 PM Reply   
Exaclty what was said only I would try with craigslist.com too

Lots of pics help
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       04-06-2009, 3:29 PM Reply   
Just be ready for 9,499,264,224,145 idiots if you go the Craigslist route.

I sold my last porsche on craigslist - had a ton of "send me pics" without even a "hey I got the pics, will let you know..."

I even had a guy email me a number (not his phone number, just what he wanted to pay me for the car). No dollar sign, no name, phone, address, area, NOTHING. No even a sentence saying that is what he wanted to pay. Moron.

I got so frustrated I pulled the listing for a month, then got the bug again, and listed it on Craigslist and it sold to the first actual person to come over and look at it which happened within a couple days that time.

Just never know, but it is free, so why not.
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-06-2009, 3:33 PM Reply   
I just sold a boat on craigslist. I didn't get to many fake offers, and the boat sold fast, but I did lower the price alot! I would list it on everything. That nada value seems low. Did you do it correctly?
Old     (timmylikewake)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-06-2009, 5:05 PM Reply   
Thanks for the input. I didnt price it with a trailer or the small options that are in it. Do people have luck selling out of their immediate area? Im in upstate NY, and I would imagine I'm dealing with a smaller market.
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-06-2009, 5:14 PM Reply   
I have always had good luck with craigslist on cars,boats etc. All of the wake boarding sites that you can put it on. If it's free why not try. The more people that see it the better chance you have of selling it. If you have a dealer that moves a lot of used inventory. You might want to consider putting it on consignment.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-06-2009, 5:31 PM Reply   
be as up front and detailed as possible and list out factory upgrades and after-market add-ons. list them, don't cram them into a paragraph. post links to additional higher quality pics. so people can have as much info as possible before they contact you. common sense, but there are so many who don't do this and they not only waste interested buyer's time, but their own. just my 2 bits. good luck!
Old     (daveronix199)      Join Date: Feb 2009       04-06-2009, 7:26 PM Reply   
Good luck thats all i have to say
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-06-2009, 7:48 PM Reply   
I hate craigslist, but hey, its free. I got it all the time. "I only have X (5k less than your 15k boat is listed for) and was wondering if you would take it" Or the famous "I found one just like yours with less hours in better shape for cheaper that what you have yours listed for, will you take (6 grand less than what you are listing for, but 2 k more than what the better one is listed for"

Oh well, like I said its free. :-)
Old     (brett564)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-07-2009, 2:14 AM Reply   
You're screwed trying sell now-a-days. Look at the same boat as you own on Boattrader.com. The boats you see are the ones that haven't sold. You will have to expect lower than those boats are listed for. It won't be fun, but realistically, we'er in the biggest buyers market in decades.
Old     (konaking)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-07-2009, 4:51 AM Reply   
I have an 04 22v RE I have had for sale for a year @ 32K no luck. I has 320 hrs and the PCM zr6 and just about every option. Good Luck. If you want to give it away price it low or just hang onto it if you can.
Old     (bmromfo)      Join Date: Sep 2004       04-07-2009, 5:21 AM Reply   
I just sold a supra last fall using onlyinboards. I'd say the best thing that helped me was some good pictures. THe guy that bought it and another guy that was very close to buying it both commented on how much they thought the picture on the water sold them. I didn't pay for the extra pictures, just a couple good ones and then emailed people separately the more detailed pics.
I wouldn't start the price too high, nobody will be interested. I priced mine at 22,500 and was willing to go down to 18,500. I ended up selling it for 19,500. Good luck.
Old     (formfunction)      Join Date: Jun 2008       04-07-2009, 6:08 AM Reply   
Depends where you are located also.Cali has seen such a big slump boat prices are way down while around my area its almost business as usual.