Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 21, 2003

Old    budweiser            05-12-2003, 3:13 PM Reply   
Show you awesome boat. Any boat doesnt matter i will post some pic of my malibu tell me what you think.
Lets see your boats!!!!!
Old    damnation            05-12-2003, 5:14 PM Reply   
02 VLX
Old    bigd            05-12-2003, 5:17 PM Reply   
Maybe this thread is played out over at wakeboarder.com...
Old     (tlb)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-12-2003, 6:46 PM Reply   
Hey Dave, sweet boat man. I've never seen board racks like the ones in back of your boat. Does the rope ever get snagged on them when you pick up your rider?
Old    damnation            05-12-2003, 7:52 PM Reply   
Thanks Tom, the racks are regular Skylon racks, just mounted to the gunnel rather than the tower. Keeping a little tension on the rope keeps it out of the racks on pickups.
Old    xtigeman            05-12-2003, 8:00 PM Reply   
Great Looking Boat Dave. Congrats.
Old    oldschool            05-13-2003, 6:11 AM Reply   
I see a couple more places you can put some racks on that boat: the front rails, windshield, top of the tower, and maybe on the steering wheel.
Old    jlm            05-13-2003, 7:05 AM Reply   
Dave, has that boat ever been on the Hiwassee in Charleston. Looks familiar, and it appears to have TN registration. Just wondering?
Old     (tcaton)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-13-2003, 7:11 AM Reply   
try http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/60932.html?1052504146 lots of pics there.
Old    damnation            05-13-2003, 8:17 AM Reply   
Thanks Doug.

Craig, if your buyin' I'll be happy to add more racks. Maybe I can get in the Guiness Book of world records? Actually, the previous owner added those racks for a couple of reasons. First, that boat pulled the pro tour stop in Tenn. Secondly, it keeps people from putting boards on the back deck which WILL bleed. Good idea as far as I'm concerned.

WakinVol, yes, I bought the boat from a guy who lives in that area. The boat originally came from Marine Outfitters in Charleston. On a side note, do you pull your boat often with that 4Runner in your profile? Is it the Limited with the 3.6L engine? I have a 95 Runner w/ 3.0 L and everytime I pulled my old Sunsetter it would overheat. I've even got a new, oversized radiator and still have problems.

(Message edited by damnation on May 13, 2003)
Old    oldschool            05-13-2003, 8:40 AM Reply   
I couldn't resist. I am currently on the board rack boycott. I believe the manufacturers are charging about 300% more than they should. It's a scam. The aluminum is so cheap. I know there are depreciation costs involved with the machining equipment, but charging over $300 for a rack is just stupid.
Old    jlm            05-14-2003, 10:13 AM Reply   
Dave, we've got the 3.4 liter in the 4runner. It pulls o.k. but my Z-71 does much better. I wouldn't recommend really long trips but for the 5-6 miles that I have to tow it's fine.

I thought the boat looked familiar. It looked like Shawn in the photo but I wasn't sure. Nice boat, but it would have been perfect if made without the yellow! Go Vols
Old    damnation            05-14-2003, 11:32 AM Reply   
Yep, that's Shawn. I need to get a camera so that I can take some new pictures. Shawn should be picking up his reverse gelcoat green on white VLX sometime soon.
Old    jlm            05-15-2003, 6:33 AM Reply   
Joyce got one in the other day, not sure if it was his or not but it was nice.