Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 08, 2008

Old     (ladythump)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-28-2008, 12:46 PM Reply   
Trying to rent a tow vehicle to pull my 5000lb boat from one spot to another. Might be able to get a Tahoe or Yukon. Does anyone know if those 07 models came standard with a tow receiver? I hate asking the rental agency as they frown upon towing.
Old     (h20jnky)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-28-2008, 12:53 PM Reply   
might tell them you have one of those bike racks that fits in a receiver hitch and if the vehicle you're renting will be equipped with a factory tow package? i am pretty sure that most of the '07's have tow package as an option only but i have yet to see one in all my travels that has not been equipped with tow? then again.. good luck!
Old     (ladythump)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-28-2008, 2:10 PM Reply   
Great idea!!!
Old     (hudd007)      Join Date: May 2006       05-28-2008, 2:39 PM Reply   
The problem is it may have a hitch but be lacking the wiring for the trailer.
Old     (h20jnky)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-28-2008, 2:52 PM Reply   
if it is equipped with a factory tow package it will be pre-wired for tow with a plug to the left of hitch opening..
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       05-28-2008, 2:57 PM Reply   
don't forget the receiver and ball.
Old     (tj_in_kc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       05-28-2008, 2:57 PM Reply   
i don't know what the rental car companies in Canada are like, but in USA you aren't going to have much luck.

i only found 2 options:

1. rent a uhaul. (pretty expensive)
2. find a city-rent-a-truck type place. (also prohibitively expensive if you are thinking about going for any distance or number of days.)

you best bet is probably to find and ask someone you know that owns a truck.
Old     (h20jnky)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-28-2008, 3:17 PM Reply   
hertz rents full size '07-'08 suburbans all over the country.. i am a pilot for united and they are always hitting us up for deals on SUV's. the durango is another nice rental option if you can get one with a tow package.. durango's are pretty prevalent too at all the majors..
Old     (dscorni)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-29-2008, 6:36 AM Reply   
Most rental companies that i've run across that rent suv's don't even have tow hitches on them.
You'd have to go to a truck rental place and the smallest thing they will rent you is a 3/4 ton.
At least in Ca,.