Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (rwrasta52)      Join Date: Jun 2012       06-05-2012, 8:54 AM Reply   
Whats up everyone. Some friends and I are planning a vacation and would like to do some kind of wakeboarding vacation. We live in Maryland and there is no limitiations really as far as the place even outside of the US. I was wondering if anyone has been on a wakeboard vacation that they could tell me about or recommendations for where to go, where to stay, who to call ect. I won't be taking my boat with me unless it was within a few states to Maryland. Are there places that you can rent out Lake houses that have a wakeboard boat there that you can use? I understand there might be insurance liability related issues that prevent this but that type of situation would be ideal. I appreciate everyones insight. Thanks
Old     (ScottR)      Join Date: Aug 2011       06-05-2012, 9:03 AM Reply   
Are you just wanting to rent a house or cottage at a lake or something more? If so, pick a State. lol Just about every State has at least one kick ass lake. Dale Hollow in Kentucky and Tennessee is Huge and very cool. Not too far either.
Old     (rwrasta52)      Join Date: Jun 2012       06-05-2012, 9:20 AM Reply   
Thanks for the response Scott! The ideal situation would be to rent a house or cottage that is on a lake with a wakeboard boat. As far as the state goes its anywhere really, preferably Flordia or a place that is also in reasonable distance to a beach for the girlfriend but I'm not that picky. Just want to have a good time with some friends. We are use to wakeboarding in the bay and its chop so a good week on a glass lake would be a great getawat for us. We are not really planning on leaving until late summer or fall but if we can find a good place we will prob go at least twice a year.
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       06-05-2012, 9:55 AM Reply   
Smith mountain lake in sw VA ais nice. You can rent a pretty nice 2 br cabin from the state park for the low low price of $600 a week with a boat slip. There are all kinds of houses for rent also. I have also rented condos from one of the places around there. I have been very happy at each place we have stayed. I have always been able to find a nice place for less than a grand for week. During the week your will have the lake to yourself. We have been going there for the past couple of years. Lake Anna is also nice during the week. Houses are a little more expensive there from what I have seen. Thy is my local lake so I haven't stayed there.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-05-2012, 4:28 PM Reply   
Tampa Bay has lakes and beach as well as cable park[mccormicks]
Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       06-07-2012, 6:05 AM Reply   
Lake Entiat Washington- East side of the Cascade range on the columbia river. You can rent a great house, have 50 miles of clear blue flat water 100 degree days with zero humidity, and cool nights. There are excellent wineries nearby, apple orchards, awesome golf and the boarding is unreal. Many articles in wakeboarding magazine were done here. Check it out!
Old    tnwakeboard            06-07-2012, 7:26 AM Reply   
Norris Lake in TN is a killer spot to ride during the week. Got some friends that built a condo right beside their house for families to rent for vacation. They even have a large dock with a covered slip you get to use while you stay (included in the price). I think the condo sleeps six comfortably. The condo is less than three minutes from a marina and you can find good water all around the marina throughout the week. If there isn't glass around the marina (due to wind chop and/or boat traffic) you can head up the lake about 15 minutes and find good water anytime (even on the weekends and holidays). The condo is fifteen minutes from the interstate and there is a wal-mart right off the exit if you need supplies. Liquor store is ten minutes away. The marina does a "wings and corona" night every Friday night. There are several other marinas that have bands on Saturday nights all within a 20-30 minute drive by water. Call 865-494-6973 -- I doubt they pick up when you call but if you leave a voicemail they'll for sure call you back. If you are interested, the marina is called Sequoyah Marina. You should be able to find their website on google fairly easily.
Old     (moto96s)      Join Date: Nov 2011       06-18-2012, 6:02 PM Reply   
Hey Rob,
I know a great place in florida ouside orlando. Sent you a PM. Check it out!
Old     (newwhit)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-19-2012, 7:03 AM Reply   
I cannot believe no one has said rent a HOUSEBOAT ON LAKE POWELL. You seriously CANNOT get better than that. It is paradise!

You can rent wake boats around Page, Az as well.

If money is no issue, i would it up the cable park in the Philippines. What is it called? Cam-Sur or something?
Old     (rwrasta52)      Join Date: Jun 2012       06-19-2012, 7:45 AM Reply   
I appreciate everyones responses. I actually looked into houseboats on Lake Powell it would be perfect if I could get together 10 people for a week as the lake lookes beautiful. Getting together that many friends is alot harder now then it was when I was younger. I have never been to the phillipines is there any issue with crime in the area around CWC? I see the phillipine currency goes a really long way with US dollars
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-19-2012, 7:53 AM Reply   
Since you're in MD you should check out Raystown Lake as well, you can rent a houseboat, camp with waterfront site, or rent a cabin (though you have to moor your boat, no docks). It's a great lake and would be fairly close. Smith mountain lake or lake Anna in VA as already suggested would be ideal and have great houses available.
Old     (rwrasta52)      Join Date: Jun 2012       06-19-2012, 8:21 AM Reply   
Can you check your PMs Justin so I can pick your brain a little about Raystown.
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-19-2012, 9:34 AM Reply   
I just checked and I don't see any? Maybe it's tapatalk?

I'll check tonight on the computer or if you want to you can email me.

Irish79 at gmail dot com
Old     (ed_g)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-19-2012, 9:47 AM Reply   
Moto....where's this place just outside Orlando?

Since I live on the Clermont chain and can't use my own boat - I'm real interested in learning about this place!

Butler chain?
Old     (surffresh)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-20-2012, 9:33 AM Reply   
Lake Norman just above Charlotte is awesome, tons of rental homes, coves and week day butter.
Old    alanp            06-20-2012, 11:41 AM Reply   
rent a house on the private side of lake anna(just a few hours from you) and bring in a coach. on the private side of lake anna there are absolutely no boats mid week and you'd have the lake to yourself. the water is super warm. reach out to one of the major wakeboard schools and inquire about bringing in a coach. i did and it was well worth it. ride all day, learn tricks and then hang out all night.
Old     (WssLife)      Join Date: Jul 2011       06-20-2012, 12:54 PM Reply   
House boat on lake powell is awesome, they also rent out lakeside "trailors" that are really nice
Old     (onecrazyredhead)      Join Date: Aug 2011       06-20-2012, 1:12 PM Reply   
Go to florida or texas and vist some cable parks.