Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (jburbo)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-19-2012, 6:41 AM Reply   
apparently i have been paying closer attention to the forums lately, because i have noticed a lot of people from the Virginia/DC/Maryland posting. We are having some awesome weather around here, I cant wait to get on the water! I know Matthew from Wake Anna has already been out a few times, because i had to look at his pictures and be jealous that I wasnt out there

anyway, i am looking forward to getting out to Lake Anna a lot this year, as well as anywhere else where there is room for me! I will have a full lineup of Phalanx Wake gear, so if anyone in the area would like to demo a board or check out any of the gear let me know, I am always willing to drive to you.
Old     (supragirl)      Join Date: May 2011       03-19-2012, 6:59 AM Reply   
We are planning to hit Lake Anna for the first time this weekend! I cannot wait. Hubby and daughter both have new boards and are very excited. Hubby just got the Defy board and bindings and just cannot wait to get on it. Joe, if you ever wanna pull let us know we are always up for another rider to watch and learn from!
Old     (jburbo)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-19-2012, 7:07 AM Reply   
thats awesome Tammy! I saw Jamie post about getting a new board, i am sure they are both super excited to get out this weekend. I definitely appreciate the offer, I will be taking you up on that this summer for sure. i really cant wait for the season to get going! I am not the best rider, but I enjoy riding with different groups that will push me to progress, and have fun at the same time. hope to see you guys out there soon!
Old    alanp            03-20-2012, 9:22 PM Reply   
i ride lake anna. id ride more often if i had more guys to ride with as well. hit me up. i return home in mid april and will be riding from there on out.
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       03-21-2012, 3:05 AM Reply   
We are ther just about every weekend.
Old     (jburbo)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-21-2012, 4:17 AM Reply   
alan, let me know when you are back in town. i would really like to get out more than the 2 times i went last year

Jamie, i am looking forward to riding with you guys! I was looking at the weather this weekend, it looks like they are calling for showers all weekend. figures!
next weekend its on though!
Old     (chillwiththebrosandkickback)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-21-2012, 7:55 AM Reply   
I ride the eastern shore of Maryland, where the mouth of the Sassafras River meets the Chesapeake. I will be back home in May and hope to ride EVERYDAY this summer if possible. I also ride on Claytor Lake in Virginia, and Smith Mountain Lake which I hope to go out on in the next couple of days. hit me up if you ride Eastern Shore MD, because I am the scene there as far as I know..... : (
Old     (jburbo)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-21-2012, 8:31 AM Reply   
grant, i will come out your way and ride with you when i can. i will have to see how far it is from me, but i get days off during the week and can come out and ride for the day. I have always wanted to go to Smith Mountain Lake, i have heard its pretty awesome. would be down for a long weekend road trip there
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       03-21-2012, 12:17 PM Reply   
Smith Mountain is a lot of fun. I grew up down there and never went to the lake as a kid. My parents were cheap!! I took my family down when my kids were real little and we have continued to go just about every year since. I am heading back down in August for a week with a crew of about 16-20. Most of them only want to party though. Plan on coming down for the weekend when I am down there and we will rip it up. I can tell you the name of the place where I stay at. They are very nice condos.
Old     (jburbo)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-21-2012, 1:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpass1 View Post
Smith Mountain is a lot of fun. I grew up down there and never went to the lake as a kid. My parents were cheap!! I took my family down when my kids were real little and we have continued to go just about every year since. I am heading back down in August for a week with a crew of about 16-20. Most of them only want to party though. Plan on coming down for the weekend when I am down there and we will rip it up. I can tell you the name of the place where I stay at. They are very nice condos.
that sounds good man! how far is the drive from here?
Old    alanp            03-21-2012, 1:32 PM Reply   
jamie i think i spoke with your husband late last summer about riding. i ended up leaving the country shortly after for a few months and winter set in. i get back to VA in mid april. we should hook up some time.
Old    alanp            03-21-2012, 1:32 PM Reply   
or jamie maybe you are the husband. haha sorry.
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       03-21-2012, 2:07 PM Reply   
Yes I am the male of the relationship. . No worries. Let me know when you make it home and we can get hooked up and have some fun.
Old     (Captnedc)      Join Date: Oct 2011       04-27-2012, 11:21 AM Reply   
I see people wakeboarding on the Severn River all the time. I'm selling my waterfront house on the river and would consider a trade/offers as I'm retiring soon. It has a boat lift and room for more. If you are out on the river and want to take a break to see it, email me a week or two in advance. It's easily possible to live on the Severn River and wakeboard on the river and work in VA/DC/MD area. http://www.wakeworld.com/classifield...front-property
Old     (Laurenm)      Join Date: May 2012       05-13-2012, 6:32 PM Reply   
Hey everyone,
I just moved to Winchester, VA for a summer internship, and I am looking for ANYWHERE around here to ride. I am a wakeboard instructor during the school year in southern California (that doesn't mean that I am really good! Just good at instructing)! I was wondering if there are any places to ride around Winchester where I could find someone to ride with. I look forward to hearing from all of you!

Lauren
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       05-14-2012, 10:21 AM Reply   
Lauren
Not sure of any areas in Winchester, but like I said in earlier post we ride a Lake Anna. It is about 2 hours from you. You are welcome to come and ride with us. My wife and daughters would love to have another girl on the boat to ride with.
Old     (jburbo)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-14-2012, 1:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
Lauren
Not sure of any areas in Winchester, but like I said in earlier post we ride a Lake Anna. It is about 2 hours from you. You are welcome to come and ride with us. My wife and daughters would love to have another girl on the boat to ride with.
AND, they are a super cool family to hang with. so its a win/win
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       05-14-2012, 3:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburbo View Post
AND, they are a super cool family to hang with. so its a win/win
Thanks Joe!!
Old     (jburbo)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-14-2012, 3:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
Thanks Joe!!
anytime buddy! i am looking forward to hanging out with you guys again
Old     (Laurenm)      Join Date: May 2012       05-14-2012, 5:34 PM Reply   
Thanks Jamie that would be great!!
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       05-14-2012, 6:07 PM Reply   
We are headed out on Sunday if you want to ride. Just let know.
Old     (VTWakeboard)      Join Date: Oct 2011       05-16-2012, 9:55 AM Reply   
Ill be riding the James river/ lake Anna for most of summer. if anyone needs a pull or wants a third let me know.
Old     (jburbo)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-16-2012, 10:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
We are headed out on Sunday if you want to ride. Just let know.
In!
Old     (jburbo)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-16-2012, 10:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurenm View Post
Hey everyone,
I just moved to Winchester, VA for a summer internship, and I am looking for ANYWHERE around here to ride. I am a wakeboard instructor during the school year in southern California (that doesn't mean that I am really good! Just good at instructing)! I was wondering if there are any places to ride around Winchester where I could find someone to ride with. I look forward to hearing from all of you!

Lauren
i am heading down on Sunday to ride with the Corvins. should be a really fun day of shredding! i would say you can catch a ride down with me, but i think it would be out of your way to come this direction
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       05-16-2012, 2:47 PM Reply   
Lauren, if you want to pull on Sunday we can meet us at our house or hook up with us along the way. You would almost be going right by us on the way down.

Jeff, anytime you want a pull, just let me know.
Old    alanp            05-16-2012, 5:05 PM Reply   
jeff are you going to the double up comp in richmond on sunday? im going to head down after riding in the morning.
Old     (VTWakeboard)      Join Date: Oct 2011       05-17-2012, 9:52 AM Reply   
Jamie Thanks I will have to take you up on that in a couple weeks

Alan, I was thinking about it. I may bring my boat up there for the weekend but I haven't decided yet. If I'm up there we should ride before the contest
Old     (Laurenm)      Join Date: May 2012       05-25-2012, 4:11 PM Reply   
Hey everyone,

Thanks for all of the suggestions/offers! Sorry I haven't responded to anyone yet haha. I was lucky enough to get to go back to my lakehouse in Wisconsin to ride until my internship starts on June 4th, but I am always down to ride after that! Thanks again!
Old     (LKASurfing)      Join Date: Nov 2011       05-26-2012, 10:14 AM Reply   
Joe,
Let m know when you want to ride!!! I am out almost everyday!

Thanks
Matthew
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       05-26-2012, 10:49 AM Reply   
Matthew
You run around in the '12 Centurion with Lake Country on the side? If so I run into you constantly. We all should hook up at some point.
Old     (onecrazyredhead)      Join Date: Aug 2011       05-27-2012, 6:40 PM Reply   
should be getting my boat back next week(1985 supra maurder). Send me phone numbers so i can send out mass texts for thirds.
Old     (rwrasta52)      Join Date: Jun 2012       06-05-2012, 8:44 AM Reply   
Whats up guys. I just joined wake world but its exciting to see so many wakeboarders from the local area. I live in Ocean City Maryland right by the bay and have been wakeboarding in the bay for 2 summers now. We go in little alcoves by Ocean Pines so it cuts down on the chop from the tide although its still choppy at times. In two years I have seen other people wakeboarding once. Its just me and two friends that go regularly about 3 times a week. I have not taken the boat up to any rivers like the Wy yet but I definatly want to especially if theres people that will go with us, or meet up with us. We wakeboard behind my 2010 bayliner with a tower so its not as good as a jet drive but at the time I bought it I had never wakeboarded so I wasnt considering that in my purchase. Def hit me up if you live in the area and want to join, want to meet up at the wicomico or other local rivers or want to plan trips where we can take turns visit each other where you have a flat body of water and a wakeboard boat and I have the Ocean City bay, bars on the bay, and a converted wakeboard boat so it could be fun for both parties.
Old     (LKASurfing)      Join Date: Nov 2011       06-07-2012, 10:00 AM Reply   
Jamie,
That's me! What are you in that I see you!...lol I like to ride any evening I can!

Matthew...
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       06-17-2012, 4:27 PM Reply   
Matt,
Supra 21v, white deck and gray hull. We pass each other all the time.
Old     (LKASurfing)      Join Date: Nov 2011       06-18-2012, 7:52 AM Reply   
Gotcha, now I know who you are !!! You live up that way?
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       06-18-2012, 10:23 AM Reply   
No just hit it as much as possible. We live about an hour away.
Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-18-2012, 12:01 PM Reply   
Rob where in OC are you? I have a house on 9th St bayside and we actually went to check out some riding spots but unfortunately do not have a good boat to board behind.
Old     (rwrasta52)      Join Date: Jun 2012       06-18-2012, 1:16 PM Reply   
I live in West OC near the harborside boat ramp but we normally dont launch from there.. We either hit Jelly infested Herring Creek or the Alcoves between Ocean Pines and Bishopville but thats choppy if there is wind or boat traffic. I have only found a couple decent spots to ride around here maybe you know a few extras Send me a PM we will work out a session next time your at your beach house

Last edited by rwrasta52; 06-18-2012 at 1:18 PM.
Old     (onecrazyredhead)      Join Date: Aug 2011       06-18-2012, 4:32 PM Reply   
the jelly fish are already swimming up the rivers, i think the jelly are going to be terrible this year, may want to invest in a thin wetsuit!
Old     (rwrasta52)      Join Date: Jun 2012       06-19-2012, 7:52 AM Reply   
I had never heard of Lusby before I just checked it out on google maps. Can you wakeboard in those coves I see on here like Hutchins COve, Old house Cove or Brooks Cove? Where do you wakeboard at over there?
Old     (onecrazyredhead)      Join Date: Aug 2011       06-20-2012, 1:19 PM Reply   
saint leonards its really nice to go up the patuxent river in the dunkirk area but, i do not like to go far because if i break down its a long tow.