Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (steves1967)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-08-2014, 6:22 PM Reply   
I fold my tower down to store the boat, which means I need to unplug the tower speakers. Right now I'm using this connector (was on the boat when I bought it). I don't think this is the best plug to use- I was thinking of using the Weatherpak connectors for cars...thoughts???

Old     (steves1967)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-10-2014, 8:07 PM Reply   
nobody? Is this type of connector common?
Old     (denystaucd)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-10-2014, 11:04 PM Reply   
I think my mastercraft uses standard automotive type weather packs. But I think there bulky and like yours better.

Cheers,
DC
Old     (jbird)      Join Date: Jun 2011       07-11-2014, 4:15 AM Reply   
Mine has those!
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-11-2014, 4:19 AM Reply   
I used to use the neutrik connectors that look like the below. They are pretty solid. You can get em on amazon for like 5-10 bucks a piece.

The mc ones look like chit and will prob change mine out to these.

Old     (Silverbullet555)      Join Date: May 2010       07-11-2014, 6:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by steves1967 View Post
I fold my tower down to store the boat, which means I need to unplug the tower speakers. Right now I'm using this connector (was on the boat when I bought it). I don't think this is the best plug to use- I was thinking of using the Weatherpak connectors for cars...thoughts???

Those tyco connectors are actually really good connectors. I'm assuming the version being used is the waterproof version. I use them on our boat in various places. The only potential issue is how much current are they passing. When I looked into them and did the math it worked for my setup.

The neutrik connectors are really good as well and very stout. They are heavy and the setup is long when all put together which were two issues I had.
Old     (bwake)      Join Date: Sep 2009       07-11-2014, 5:16 PM Reply   
What is the neutrik model number for those ones?
Old     (brichter14)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-11-2014, 8:21 PM Reply   
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss...t4%2Caps%2C244
Thats the male

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...s%2Ck%3Anlt4fx
Female
Old     (bwake)      Join Date: Sep 2009       07-11-2014, 10:30 PM Reply   
The neutriks dont have any water issues?