Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (chrisdurcan)      Join Date: Dec 2009       02-19-2010, 4:08 PM Reply   
Found one for a good deal and am thinking of getting it...but I have heard mixed opinions on them. If you have ridden one let me know if it is worth buying. Thanks!!!
Old     (ryand121)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-19-2010, 4:14 PM Reply   
I have one and use it quite a bit. It's pretty fun, especially on houseboat trips to Lake Powell. Be ready for an arm work out though!
Old     (chrisdurcan)      Join Date: Dec 2009       02-19-2010, 4:22 PM Reply   
Do you need a ton of room to use it? Can it be used on a semi crowded lake?
Old     (liquidforcefan)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-19-2010, 4:46 PM Reply   
I've never used one but I have towed a person using one and it seems like a lot more trouble than it's worth. Even though the person was pretty new to it, it seemed like you always need the perfect conditions and there's the probability for a lot of sitting and waiting, but then I again I don't own one.
Old     (ryand121)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-19-2010, 5:13 PM Reply   
I don't use it in a crowded area just because when you fall, the kite disconnects from the main line, and on crowded lakes, you can always count on some d-bag to be right on you a$$!
Old     (snowboardcorey)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-20-2010, 12:55 PM Reply   
I've ridden them on smaller lakes without a problem but being crowded would make it tough. Just like Ryan said the kite detaches and since its so light it gets blown away from the rider pretty easily.
Old     (shredsickgnar)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-21-2010, 10:12 PM Reply   
I rode a wake kite last year and it was probably the lamest thing I've ever done on a wakeboard. It takes an already restrictive sport and makes it even worse.