Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old                08-24-2005, 12:19 AM Reply   
So I decided not very long ago, to start throwing inverts. I can land a backroll, but not when I keep ahold of the rope. I know that doesn't make sense, but every time I keep ahold it slows my rotation and the water tries to fold my spine into a question mark. I've tried tucking my knees to speed up my rotation, but it doesn't help much. My hands are at my waist level close or touching my body. My greatest fear right now is that I'm going to get too comfortable landing the roll without the rope and be hopeless with it. It's already starting to get like that.

Some details.
My Tow
Bayliner Capri No Tower, no sac :-(
(Not a great boarding boat, but it's sure funny doin flips passing by nice boats that aren't doin a thang :-)
My Ride
04 Parks

I've got some vid, but I lost my fire cable so I can't upload at the moment.

I know I'm almost there but does anyone here know tricks, if someone else rides behind a similure boat that would be helpful too, cause I know my rope being low is hurting my progress.

Thanks for the read erybody
Old     (wesgardner)      Join Date: Oct 2003       08-25-2005, 12:44 PM Reply   
Hey Tyler,

With no tower/pylon, and no weight, you're mechanics/technique are going to have to be really really sharp, you obviously know this - you ain't gotta lotta hang time - can you sac the boat and build a pylon? Sounds like you're doing everything correctly...

Wes
Old                08-26-2005, 3:11 PM Reply   
I went to a sale at the board shop yesterday. Got myself a 680# FatSac. It worked pretty well at throwing a big wake, but I wasn't comfortable with the shape so my style was pretty ugly. I'll keep at it