Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old    LR3w8kbrdr            11-02-2012, 12:02 AM Reply   
Its been sime time since Ive had both the exterior & interior of my suv detailed thoroughly. What's a ball park range some of you guys are paying?? (Full leather cleaner, treatment, door panels, carpets, wash & wax). Ive just been having my car washed weekly and I dont have the time to clean my interior with a fine tooth comb but want someone who knows what theyre doing and not just some joe shmoe ruinin my leather.

I forget what Ive paid in the past but a few places are saying $170 or so.

Thanks for any input
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       11-02-2012, 6:16 AM Reply   
no more than $150 IMO.....I pay around $250 for a guy to come to my house, and do paint correction along with taking what I consider a toothbrush to the interior.

http://www.flawless-perfection.com/Site/Welcome.html

the people I use, use high quality products and know how to wash cars. ( two bucket system)
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-02-2012, 6:17 AM Reply   
I just paid $150 to have Yukon XL detailed. They did clay bar, polish and wax and even detailed the engine bay. It's for sale by the way if anyone is interested

More pics here: https://picasaweb.google.com/1128912...at=directlink#
Attached Images

Old    LR3w8kbrdr            11-02-2012, 6:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakecumberland View Post
I just paid $150 to have Yukon XL detailed. They did clay bar, polish and wax and even detailed the engine bay. It's for sale by the way if anyone is interested

More pics here: https://picasaweb.google.com/1128912...at=directlink#
Nice Yukon...had one before this but dont need another gas chugger

Yeah the $170 is a local detail center my Audi/Porsche/Maserati/Rover dealership just opened. So figured I could trust them detailing my suv
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       11-02-2012, 8:04 AM Reply   
^^nice Yukon!
Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-02-2012, 9:57 AM Reply   
Yikes! I have been paying too much. $299.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            11-02-2012, 12:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by phatboypimp View Post
Yikes! I have been paying too much. $299.
You better be driving a RR Phantom then lol
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-03-2012, 5:28 AM Reply   
For clay bar, polish,wax,eng. detail and the interior for a $150! Thats CHEAP!!! I would expect to pay closer to what Adam Curtis is paying for that job. A wash,wax,eng. detail and interior on a large SUV should be a $150 all day. You add 2 more steps clay bar and polish before waxing. Dear God thats alot of extra work.
Phatboy what are you getting for $300. What kind of vech.?
Adam R how long did it take them? Did they come to you? How many people worked on it?

Last edited by kko13; 11-03-2012 at 5:33 AM.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            11-03-2012, 5:38 AM Reply   
Update...reached out to one of my NHL friends since he has nothing better to do right now. He got me in touch with his mobile detail guy who services his bentley gt, ferrari & escalade. This guy also stops over at Jeters place when hes in town. So Im thinking this guy is going to be pretty pricey.

NOPE....rang the guy, $170 for everything. No more, no hidden charges etc.

Getting it done late next week.
Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-03-2012, 6:43 PM Reply   
Damn I am getting robbed. I have full size SUV.

http://www.perfectionautodetail.com/pricelist.htm
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            11-03-2012, 7:03 PM Reply   
$170 detail cost for this bad boy too..local waterskier

Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       11-06-2012, 9:59 AM Reply   
I spend $150 for my GMC Sierra crew cab, which doesn't include a wash. I have my truck washed before he starts. He spends a solid 4 hours. Truck looks brand new when he's done and my rig often sees mud and snow.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       11-06-2012, 10:00 AM Reply   
By the way. That's probably the sickest looking Yukon I have ever seen. Is that an off-white or cream? It doesn't look like the standard GMC white.
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-06-2012, 11:13 AM Reply   
Thanks Jarrod! It is actually the standard GM "Summit White" It may be the sunset that is changing the hue a little. I can ship it out to you for the right price
Old     (papag)      Join Date: Nov 2005       11-06-2012, 11:55 AM Reply   
Jarrod, who do you use? I need to get a coat of wax on my Silverado before it starts raining.