Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (runin90lx)      Join Date: Sep 2009       11-02-2012, 3:32 PM Reply   
got to take the boat out yesterday for a little work on the surf wave, and wakeboarding. we messed with it for a little while but it isnt 100% yet...

my buddy nathan irwin riding. hope the pics arent tooo big, i just got a Macbook and still getting used to it.

anyways here are the pics.

both stock tanks full(2400#)
750 in back locker
550 on back corner and side seat
400 in bow
1 adult on surf side(appx 200 lbs)
me driving (180 lbs)
trim tab down 1/4 of way

and the wakeboard wake if anyone interested. it is clean on both sides, just washing in pics when the rider was cutting out hard
stock tanks full
550 in middle of back seat
400 in bow

Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       11-02-2012, 4:03 PM Reply   
Pics ain't work for me
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       11-02-2012, 4:04 PM Reply   
pics aren't showing for me.
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       11-02-2012, 4:21 PM Reply   
Pics show for me. Looks like you need some more weight on the port side! Otherwise the wakeboard wake looks nice. is it pretty steep?
Old     (runin90lx)      Join Date: Sep 2009       11-02-2012, 6:24 PM Reply   
I'm not sure why it was doing that. I was clean in both sides 90% of the time.
Old     (runin90lx)      Join Date: Sep 2009       11-02-2012, 6:25 PM Reply   
Plus crappy iPhone pic doesn't help. Yes it was pretty steep. All the guys said it gave them a lot of air compared to there normal rides
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       11-02-2012, 6:34 PM Reply   
MB wakes are very fun with a ton of kick! I do have to add a lot of weight to the port to keep it from washing out. When you get it perfect its AWESOME!
Here's mine 2012 MB F21 with 450 in the nose and the stock tanks full
Name:  IMG_0833.jpg
Views: 2157
Size:  70.3 KB
Old     (runin90lx)      Join Date: Sep 2009       11-02-2012, 8:06 PM Reply   
Where and how much are u adding on port side?
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       11-02-2012, 8:40 PM Reply   
Both pics you're turning to starboard... Will make port wake wash
Old     (runin90lx)      Join Date: Sep 2009       11-02-2012, 8:51 PM Reply   
The lake is horseshoe shaped ....and me taking pics probably didn't help with the turning lol
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       11-02-2012, 9:48 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by downfortheride View Post
MB wakes are very fun with a ton of kick! I do have to add a lot of weight to the port to keep it from washing out. When you get it perfect its AWESOME!
Here's mine 2012 MB F21 with 450 in the nose and the stock tanks full
Attachment 26485
Looks like one heck of a lip on the sucker, would love to take a pull behind that! If MB had rear facing seats and a dealer in WI I'd sure check them out as a possible replacement for my SAN. Maybe next year. Do wish they woulda kept PCM though.
Old     (22vdrive)      Join Date: Apr 2010       11-02-2012, 10:58 PM Reply   
Is Nathan on these forums?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       11-03-2012, 6:48 AM Reply   
Bill I have most of my gear and cooler under the port seats to help out. I usually have to open the port tank for a few seconds to help out. My buddie has about 200 in lead that I should be getting tomorrow.

Ron I was looking for a SANTE before I bought me MB. With a family of 4 the room in the 21' boat just couldn't be beat and for the price I was able to ordered everything I wanted with colors and vinyls. So happy with the choice and stokedI got into it when they still had the PCM.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       11-03-2012, 12:17 PM Reply   
DFTR. this is interesting about adding weight to one side. I experience some sensitivity towards the starboard wake as well, this on my boat as well as on 2 friends x-25's as well (although MUCH less severe? perhaps because its a flatter bottom V, almost more of dish type shape) one x-25 even produces a different shaped wake on one side...

im not trying to hijack this thread but im wondering if anyone else experiences this who have deep V hulls. our boats have the same motor, almost identical weight set up, and VERY similar V profile (i have an RZR) easily noticeable when you look at the boats from the rear. ill try to dig up some pics
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       11-03-2012, 2:30 PM Reply   
I was wondering about the differences in rear hulls also. What type of wakes do the shapes produce? Is one better than the other? How does it effect surf?

Some seem flatter(malibu, Nautique). Others more of a v(MB,epic)
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       11-03-2012, 2:51 PM Reply   
here we go. this is exactly what im thinking off, ive jacked these pics off of other threads

and again

the tige and MB are VERY similar it seems, even the chines are similar. the malibu is very very flat by comparison.

Last edited by simplej; 11-03-2012 at 2:53 PM.
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       11-03-2012, 5:20 PM Reply   
Bill, you have to understand that DFTR is taking a pic when riding pure GLASS. The water we were riding was good, but not like that. Will make a huge difference.

DFTR I love that pic by the way. These boats are nery well designed. I am tinkering with mine, Today had 300# lead in nose and 500# sac in walkway next to driver+ full stock and thought it was really nice wake.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       11-03-2012, 5:34 PM Reply   
Thanks Dat! I love the MB's more and more when I get behind them. I would try to switch the weight and hit 500 in front and 300 on the floor next to the back seat. I'm super happy with mine with the 450 in front and just the stock tanks full. I rode a 13 F21 yesterday with the 409 with the ACME 2079 and holy hell that thing is a race car. Riding it again tomorrow and I'm STOKED!
This one was taking the same day and I liked it better so I had to frame it...
Name:  201165_4292766249169_850823595_o.jpg
Views: 1527
Size:  43.0 KB

Last edited by downfortheride; 11-03-2012 at 5:37 PM.
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       11-04-2012, 9:25 AM Reply   
I had an 08 Moomba XLV with a deep V hull and now I have a 2012 MC X-30 with a much more rounded/flat hull at the rear. What I found is the deeper V can produce a great wake with less weight, and was steeper, but tended to wash out easily and you would hit a point where adding weight didn't help much. I really liked the wake on the boat but found it frustrating at times having to shift people an weight around so much, and it wasn't fun to cut in hard about to throw a invert or spin to find the wake start washing 6 feet before you hit it anf then get bucked.

With my X-30 the wake is more mellow/a little wider but is much more consistent even in choppier water. The biggest thing I like about this style of wake (think Malibu) is that it is clean at much lower riding speeds which is great for a family and for beginners (I have a 4 and 6 year old who started riding this year). I also really like that we haven't been able to add enought weight yet to really make the wake wash, it just gets bigger. Next summer we have plans to really slam it with weight, like 4k.

Both styles of hulls/wakes have their pro's and con's I think. You also have to kind of ride them a little different, but they are both fun!
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       11-04-2012, 9:42 AM Reply   
Yes! I think you hit it on the head Levi. I've found that V hull boats are much more sensitive to weight placement. But get bigger with less weight, as well as produce a a serious lip on a wake with a decent transition. Flatter hulled boats are less sensitive to side to side placement, which makes a lot of sense. I think they suit different riding styles different ways. A mellow wake will be better for flips and raley tricks, which require loading the line and set up prior to leaving the wake. A steeper wake will inherently be better for spinning, because they buck you and cut down on any chance to start spinning before youre off the wake which can lead to nasty falls. At least that's my opinion. These MB wakes look world class for the money. Nice looking boats guys.
Old     (Andrew14)      Join Date: Apr 2011       11-06-2012, 1:02 PM Reply   
+1 for MB wakes. MB 23 Tomcat is by far the best stock wake I've ever ridden and I ride a 2008 SANTE 230 and 210 on a regular basis. MB's are awesome boats.....
Old     (22vdrive)      Join Date: Apr 2010       11-06-2012, 1:55 PM Reply   
Mb's wakes are so easy to dial in it ridiculous. The stock set-up is awesome no need for bow weight unless you don't have the trim tab. Keep your tanks full and if the wake is washy on one side... Lets say the port-side just open up the starboard tank till the wake cleans up then just close it. Its only a couple second adjustment. That's the beauty of the pure-vert attempt. To me its not finicky at all.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       11-06-2012, 3:51 PM Reply   
E- I agree. I love mine. Although I think the weight helps a little whether you have the trim tab or not.