Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2005

Old     (cam)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-04-2005, 6:17 PM Reply   
Some of the new CWB Graphics are now up.

http://www.wake.com.au/
Old     (thirdgear)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-04-2005, 6:33 PM Reply   
I don't know how I feel about that Absolute yet...
Old    wickedwake            08-04-2005, 7:03 PM Reply   
That Transcend is sick!!!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-04-2005, 8:02 PM Reply   
Damn, no platinum yet. I have high expectations for the platinum stuff.
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-04-2005, 9:06 PM Reply   
Yeah im not totally crazy over the absolute. The Flame is the old absolute shape.

i wonder if they are making the Lotus or is the Bella or Saphire replacing it.
Old     (scws)      Join Date: Sep 2004       08-04-2005, 9:09 PM Reply   
The Transcend does have a platinum version this year. Graphic is even better than the Tsend up on the site.
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-04-2005, 9:10 PM Reply   
Pure looks cool as its the old Flame/Lotus Mold.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-04-2005, 9:14 PM Reply   
The Platinums are crazy. Can't wait. Oh why is patience such a virtue?
Old    socalgrl79            08-04-2005, 11:15 PM Reply   
The Flame is SICK!
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-04-2005, 11:46 PM Reply   
Love em. The Tsend will make me get a new one. Absolute is plain but I dig it. Flame is unique.
Girl boards look good if you're a girl
Old    socalgrl79            08-04-2005, 11:59 PM Reply   
That's funny.. I don't really like the girl boards all that much. I prefer the new LF boards by far.
Old     (cam)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-05-2005, 4:17 AM Reply   
Bindings are up now as well.
The new entry system looks pretty cool
Old     (cocheese)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-05-2005, 5:42 AM Reply   
What is the cable and tab on the Zeus for?
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-05-2005, 6:35 AM Reply   
the absolute looks lame, but the transcend is cool.
geez, the Zues look like they are gonna weigh a ton.
Old     (midwestrider)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-05-2005, 6:45 AM Reply   
Someone asked this yesterday, but why does this Aussie site always get these pics first?

Jb
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-05-2005, 6:51 AM Reply   
maybe you can pop out of the bindings on the zues and walk around with the boots, hehe
Old     (cocheese)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-05-2005, 7:05 AM Reply   
"Someone asked this yesterday, but why does this Aussie site always get these pics first? "

It's the time difference! J/K
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-05-2005, 7:42 AM Reply   
I dig the flame graphics. If I dislike the new Absolute, I'll ride that baby since it appears to be a 04 Absolute.

The Zeus do look heavy. We'll see.
Old    chavezychavez            08-05-2005, 8:31 AM Reply   
Here is the skinny on what's up with CWB for this year:

The rear entry system works by releasing the rear panel, which creates a large opening to slip your foot into. When the rear lever is in the up position, you are locked in just as well as with traditional bindings. For an example, think "Flow" snowboard bindings with more forward support.

Anyhow, the hinge technology is offered on the Zues and the Torq this year. The Boss slot in the line is being replaced by the Fuse, which uses a similar lacing system to the RG2's from Nice, but with current materials. The Boss and Comp will still be available, but they are esentially the same as the 05 models.

A couple of other notes:

These bindings use a system called the "LockJaw". It is NOT a Claw, as it center mounts on the grooved tracs on either side of the binding. It is easy to adjust (but really, who cares about quick adjustments) and locks down like a mofo with ZERO chance of slippage.

The Zues color scheme matches a certain board in the lineup which has not yet been released.

The Transcend has gone through an adjustment that fixes the speed problem without altering the way it rides.

The Absolute is all different for this year. Shape has changed, along with the molding on the bottom sheet.

There will be a Transcend Platinum.

I should have these all at my disposal soon. When I know how they feel, I will post it. I will do my best to not introduce bias into my reports, and I will also try to have a third party give a take on them.

J-Rod - the Zues will weigh no more than last year model.

Oh, and Jarrod/Evan - Tonis is gonna be stoked when he sees the new Zues entry system!!!!

(Message edited by chavezychavez on August 05, 2005)
Old    chavezychavez            08-05-2005, 8:34 AM Reply   
Josh,

I am pretty bitter at wake.com.au for releasing these as the Hinge Technology and LockJaw should have been in a press release.

Anyhow, they get this stuff first as their season is just beginning over there, and the shops need the graphics to place their orders.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-05-2005, 8:53 AM Reply   
Chavez, have you personally compared the weight of both bindings? Are you a rep now? I ask only because you're divulging what I was told not to.

Tonis has known about these for a while now. He is stoked. I just hope that once the lace system is set, you can slip in and latch the back without lace adjustments. Seems unlikely. If strings and lace locks are necessary adjustments, Billy won't use them.
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-05-2005, 9:03 AM Reply   
How cool are those..it's like a carbon wrap. Can't wait to try those on. Anyone put their foot in one yet?

Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-05-2005, 9:05 AM Reply   
Well I guess the cat is out of the bag now. Personally I think they all look great. the Zeus looks burly but I too was told that they managed the weight & it doesn't come out any heavier than the previous years. They've been working on the hinged system for almost a year now and looks like they've got it down. Get ready for a great year. The thing I like about C-DUB is that they always make changes. Last years Absolute was friggen sweet and now here they are making changes to make it better. I'll be sure to show you guys the Platinum when I get one. I love August/September.
Old    chavezychavez            08-05-2005, 9:10 AM Reply   
Jarrod, cat's pretty much out of the bag now (thanks to wake.com.au), so I am putting it out there to keep the haters at bay. Talked to our buddy this morning (he is down south for meetings at the moment) and he is going to try to get some more info fed my way that may have been in a better formatted press release (the way this should have been put out there.

As for Tonis - FWIU the opening should be large enough for him to "slip into", but he is going to have to test them out for sure. He is already at the top of that list...
Old     (cocheese)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-05-2005, 9:16 AM Reply   
What happens if the latch releases when you fall or hit it when you go for a grab? I am just wondering if they made the latches stiff enough to prevent the one foot in and one out landings we all love so much.
Old    chavezychavez            08-05-2005, 9:41 AM Reply   
Robert, unless you knock the latch down (extremely unlikely), it will stay secure.

It is a cam system, once it is "over the top" it cannot come back down unless you actually flip the lever.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-05-2005, 9:57 AM Reply   
This is so awesome. I'm excited to get my hands on this stuff.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-05-2005, 10:29 AM Reply   
Yeah, I'm pretty stoked too. Hmmmm. What am I going to ride next year. I'm diggin' the '05 Absolute, but love the idea of a Transcend without the drag. We'll have to check that cam system out, but I think Fuse's are pretty sick looking, too. Nice work CWB. Thanks for the undates Chavez.
Old     (thirdgear)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-05-2005, 10:41 AM Reply   
From the looks of it, I'll definitely be sticking with CWB this year as far as boards go. I love the idea of the latch bindings, but I'm definitely not sold until I hear more about them/see some reviews from people who have used them. Everything looks great though.
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-05-2005, 11:06 AM Reply   
Does anyone know if they are releasing a Tattoo model for 06?
Old    chavezychavez            08-05-2005, 11:12 AM Reply   
Pierce, almost 100% positive that they are.
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-05-2005, 11:21 AM Reply   
Are they doing away with the Lotus and using the saphire instead this year?
Old     (scws)      Join Date: Sep 2004       08-05-2005, 12:47 PM Reply   
Tattoo is renamed the Factor and is available in 143 and and 136.

Lotus is still around and is still a 131. Bella is a 124.
Old     (kawaik)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-05-2005, 12:53 PM Reply   
When do we see the platinums?
Old     (dr_inc)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-05-2005, 12:56 PM Reply   
i think i am sold.... just talked to CM about the bindings and i like a lot!!!! the new entry system is sweet... now they can make a tighter fittingbinding that is easy to get into....

my vote- :thumbs up:
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-05-2005, 2:05 PM Reply   
Cool, cant wait to see them. SCWS, did they change the shape on the Tattoo(Factor)? Got any pics?

(Message edited by Pierce Bronkite on August 05, 2005)
Old     (scws)      Join Date: Sep 2004       08-05-2005, 3:01 PM Reply   
Pierce,

Not sure about the shape change...I have not seen the stuff in person yet...just getting teases from our rep and a pic here and there.

Josh
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-05-2005, 5:18 PM Reply   
looks like CWB is stepping it up this year. looks good.
Old     (cam)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-06-2005, 6:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
(thanks to wake.com.au)
Glad I could help, see you all next year ....