Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 19, 2004

Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-05-2004, 3:50 AM Reply   
I know these bindings were ment to be shipped in Feb. I was just curious if anyone picked up a pair? What do you guys think?
Old    martini            03-05-2004, 9:47 AM Reply   
haven't seen a pair in our shop as of yet...
Old    huckleberry            03-05-2004, 10:52 AM Reply   
My local shop said they wouldn't be shipped until March. You should see the coming soon.
Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-05-2004, 1:14 PM Reply   
can sombody find a pics of these binding or tell me the color ?
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-05-2004, 1:32 PM Reply   

Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-05-2004, 3:40 PM Reply   
Hideous, just hideous. Wonder if they're any good. When someone rides 'em let us know.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       03-05-2004, 4:10 PM Reply   
Are those things knee high? Funky!!!!
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       03-05-2004, 4:24 PM Reply   
Just by the looks of the design I can't see how those would be comfortable.
Old     (mike_schwenne)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-05-2004, 5:54 PM Reply   
I've actually got the only pair of X-larges out right now. I'm planning on riding them on sun or next tues. I'll write a review on them asap.

Mike Schwenne
www.westcoastcamps.com
www.thewakeboardcamp.com
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-05-2004, 10:49 PM Reply   
Thank you Mike.
And if you by chance get some pics, that'll be really cool too, but no biggy.
Old    cam_warner            03-06-2004, 2:30 AM Reply   
yeah I'm anxious to see what the new Vandall bindings are like.....but holy crap $400+?! Is it just me or is that a bit excessive?
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-06-2004, 3:37 AM Reply   
thats just MSRP, they'll be sold for less than that.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-06-2004, 5:58 AM Reply   
yea i dont like the laces up the side,thats git to be hard on the ankle bone when you cinch them down and there all that crizzap right there where theres no meat or padding int hat part of the ankle...looks like it anyway but only one will know is to ride them..

the color is ugly but maybe they come in black and white that would be a lot better..

have both white with black liner and black with white liner..

that green on red is hideous...
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-06-2004, 6:31 AM Reply   
I'm pretty sure thats ment to be blue on red. To match his board and tattoo?
Apparently they look better in person, but that black and white combo does sound cool Bill. I think they'll work really well, I guess we'll just have to wait for Schwenne's review.
Old    wakeair            03-06-2004, 9:18 AM Reply   
Bill- Green on red? I think you might be color blind haha. It look grey-blue on red.
I think they're fugly. The lacing looks like the lacing on ice-skates, and there looks to be hardly any ankle support. I can't figure out what the inside material is. It looks like neoprene, and looks as if it might be hard to get into. What do I know, can't tell much by one pic. Have to wait and see...they could be really good.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-06-2004, 9:51 AM Reply   
Well we all know Harris is Michelle Kwan's biggest fan
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-06-2004, 11:22 AM Reply   
looks Aqua-green to me which would make us both right ,maybe its my screen but looks more green then blue..still ugly either way :-)
Old     (autotunner69)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-06-2004, 11:39 AM Reply   
looks kinda like a boot that a flapper girl would were in an old western movie?.
Old     (mike_schwenne)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-08-2004, 6:02 PM Reply   
I can't release too much info on the bindings at the moment. I guess we're suppose to wait until the release. However, I will say, the bindings are a definite bonus for going big and poking/boning out tricks. The two main features of my riding.
When you lace the bindings up, they comfortable snug up around your foot and ankles. No pressure points. I usually have a problem, because my feet are really wide and my ankles are thick. However, I had no issues at all. As soon as I'm able to, I'll write a complete review on the Vandals. As far as the colors go. I personally like 'em. But I'll be sure to mention it to the guys at CD. They're all about making products that riders are into, and I'm sure they'd appreciate all you're input. The reason I personally love riding CD bindings is because, they especially listen to us riders about what we need in our bindings. Not just coming up with something they think will sell, and then making us ride 'em.

Mike Schwenne
www.westcoastcamps.com
Old     (wes_can_riders)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-08-2004, 6:50 PM Reply   
I think what CD is doing is totally dope... i love there stuff... I like the colours but white would be dope! its randys style...
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-08-2004, 10:10 PM Reply   
Oh, thats a teaser if I ever saw one

but, they do sound pretty good, since I like going big, but really like tweaking grabs/spins. Now I'll just have to wait impatiently for the review.

Mike about those laces, did you have to knot them, or will they have a convenient pull tie (whatever you call those plastic things that hold the laces tight).
Old     (maestro)      Join Date: Jun 2001       03-09-2004, 1:51 PM Reply   
Mike - how high up on the leg do they go? I had a pair of AS01s and the footbed was sweet, but they were too stiff for my liking. If the vandal boot is 'softer' then I might just check 'em out.