Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 07, 2003

Old     (onealrep)      Join Date: May 2002       09-29-2003, 12:44 PM Reply   
Will current permit holders have to pay an assessment with the rates going up? I actually never got one this year due to the uncertain future of the lake, I'm wondering if I should buy one before Wednesday at the current rate before they increase in price, and will it still be valid?
Old    bobbymucic            09-29-2003, 12:56 PM Reply   
I bought a pass at the beginning of the year, but was wondering if they would make me more more.

I checked out http://www.castaiclake.com/CastaicPublicNotice.htm

and called the number provided. They told me that my pass would be good and I would not need additional fees.

I'm not sure about buying before wednesday though, is that the date set for the increase?
Old     (hatepwcs)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-29-2003, 1:16 PM Reply   
im buying mine tomorrow. i suggest you do the same.
Old     (onealrep)      Join Date: May 2002       09-29-2003, 1:42 PM Reply   
I think I'm with you Chris. I don't recall, do I need to have my boat there to purchase the pass?
Old     (obrienride16)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-29-2003, 6:16 PM Reply   
i know you need all the info for your boat, registration and stuff like that, but im not sure about the boat, i'd call and check before going up there.
Old     (scottay)      Join Date: Nov 2001       09-30-2003, 7:41 AM Reply   
I checked a coupla weeks back and they had quit selling them....lemme know if you find different. scott
Old     (hatepwcs)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-30-2003, 7:49 AM Reply   
They are selling them, rates go up tomorrow OCT 1. Not sure about having your boat there. I've always taken mine. I cant' imagine if youhave the CF and Hull ID why you wouldn't but a call sounds like the right idea.
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-30-2003, 11:18 AM Reply   
we were there this morning and both gideon and troy bought new passes for their boats. the woman actually came out and checked the cf numbers - even asked if he had all the lifepreservers and stuff (but didn't verify his positive answer).
Old     (onealrep)      Join Date: May 2002       09-30-2003, 12:18 PM Reply   
I just called and you do have to have the boat there, I'll be there after work today.
Old     (depswa)      Join Date: Nov 2000       09-30-2003, 3:05 PM Reply   
Wait...I thought all you guys were in favor of Castaic raising the rates to keep the lake open...Now you're trying to get your passes before the prices go up? (Sarcasm)

Just bustin' balls...us broke a-- mofos know how it is!
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-30-2003, 3:16 PM Reply   
lol dan. i actually mentioned this when we were getting the permits. the woman marked it for sept - which basically means they paid for the permit for september even tho they only get to use it for the rest of the day!

we were making snide comments about it - but then i mentioned that it was for a good cause. 'course that was easy for me to say - it wasn't my money being spent! :-)
Old     (hatepwcs)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-30-2003, 6:08 PM Reply   
I lucked out mine got stamped for Oct.
Old     (depswa)      Join Date: Nov 2000       09-30-2003, 6:27 PM Reply   
Neelley you've always got a leg up on the system!
Old     (onealrep)      Join Date: May 2002       10-01-2003, 8:12 AM Reply   
You dog Neeley...I asked her if I could get it stamped for October, she said no problem, for the October price!! I got there at 5:45 as they were closing up, and she still wouldn't hook me up. I told her I wasn't even going to launch, but she held her ground on the Sep stamp. She did say it was the biggest day of selling annuals that she could remember... they had actually run out of vehicle permits, I had to drive down to the main office to get mine.
Old     (hatepwcs)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-01-2003, 10:30 AM Reply   
I went to the west side ramp and a skinny blond guy did mine.
Old     (mx118)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-01-2003, 10:46 AM Reply   
How much are the Sept. stamps?
Old     (hatepwcs)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-01-2003, 11:08 AM Reply   
Its Oct now. $240 for 12 months boat/vehicle.
Old     (depswa)      Join Date: Nov 2000       10-01-2003, 4:02 PM Reply   
That's very reasonable even if you only go 1-2 times a month. Now the crowds are thinning, I hope to get out there more often! Can't wait 'til the winter butter! The blue toes suck, but gotta love having the lake to yourself!

Dan