Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (stuntmonkey)      Join Date: Feb 2009       03-06-2010, 7:23 PM Reply   
Hi guys,

Looking at getting a +03 response this year. Was wondering if anybody has pics of the response with an illusion x or xs tower? I know it can be done, just haven't seen it yet.

Also, who surfs behind these? I read on the bucrew that someone was surfing with 750 in the rear locker and 250 port side. Was wondering if this sounds about right.

We are long time skiiers and new surfers.

Cheers!
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       03-09-2010, 12:09 PM Reply   
Which response are you looking at? The LX or LXI? I have an 03 LX but really wish i had a LXi (actually i wish i had a 02 SANTE, but you can wish in one hand and crap in the other and see which gets filled first). We wakeboard and trick ski behind my boat. I put a little over 2500 of fat sacs, then add about 3 people and put the wedge down and it works great. I put a 680# rear seat bottom sac in place of the back seat, 580# on each side of the engine, and two 350's in the bow. Word of advice, if your going to put weight in the rear locker (trunk), you need to reinforce the floor. The gas tank is underneath the floor and the sensors and tubes come out of the top. you will damage something if you put that much weight in there without reinforcing the floor, others have done it on the bucrew. I use it for storage only. If you are going to surf, i've heard of people doing it in LX's, but i wouldn't. It sits low with as much weight in it as i have, and you have to be careful. easy to take rollers from all angles if your not careful. LXi's might be a different story but i think they have a pretty low freeboard as well. If i were going to try to surf though, i'd put a rear seat bottom sac back there, or just get one of those "L" shaped surf sacs and put it on the side you want to surf behind. probably going to want to add something up front on that side i'd thing, maybe even a little on the other side. But i'd try it with the wedge down because that pulls the transom more into the water too. sorry for the long post, but its hard to give you advice on a response when I don't know which one your looking at. mainly because the LX and LXi, are completely different boats. I have seen an LXi with an Illusion tower on it, it looked like a wakesetter with a lower freeboard. I don't think they make them for the LX, you'd have to get something different if that's the route you were going for. there are alot of them out there that look good though.