Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 04, 2005

Old    crawwl            04-24-2005, 8:14 PM Reply   
I just bought a 2000 v-drive X-Star, I was wondering if anyone knew what size the stock center sac is in the boat? I need to know what it is so I can figure out what I can put in each side of the snatch. Any advice would be appreciated! Also any advice on sites that carry products such as sacs cheap would be great.

Thanks!
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-24-2005, 9:10 PM Reply   
I heard it is 600lbs but possibly 450lbs like my x-2
Old     (highrider)      Join Date: Nov 2001       04-25-2005, 6:25 AM Reply   
The last sac's I bought were from letsgoride.com and they have treated me real well. The orange bagless ones are great and empty easier than bagged ones. Pretty sure letsgoride.com is still around!!??!?!

I have a 2000 X-Star. My ballast system was upgraded to the Triple KGB system. The center sac is such a differnt shape - real long and narrow. I would say 450lbs. I have two hard tanks in the v-drive - each weighing 200lbs roughtly...and I still have room back there for side sacs if my boat isn't loaded w/people.

Also...boy have I had troubles with that factory center sac. I have had two of them replaced under warrenty and had to shell out $$ out of my pocket another time for a new one. Gravity shifts the sac in the compartment and put a crimp in the factory run fill/empty lines. The lines eventually split. Constant problem.
Old    crawwl            04-25-2005, 6:47 AM Reply   
Thanks for the replies guys. If the center sac is 450-600, what should I put in the back. Would a 300 on each side be enough for a nice wake, or should I go with 2 600's? Along with the center sac I have 2 tractor inner tubes filled with sand that weigh about 150-200 each that sit under the front seats in front of each console, so maybe i could go a little heavier tan 2 300's?
Old    walter            04-25-2005, 10:31 AM Reply   

http://mymastercraft.com/Forum/view_thread.cfm?postid=1417&forum=1417&category=2

KGB bag: 20 Gallons x 8lbs per gallon = 160lbs Rear tanks: 23 Gallons x 8lbs per gallon = 184lbs (each) Total for a 2004 X2 = 528lbs
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       04-25-2005, 11:40 AM Reply   
IF you put 6s in the rear, you might want to increase the front weight. 60/40
Old    thewiguy            04-25-2005, 4:15 PM Reply   
I have a 2000 x-star and I have two 600's in the back 500 in the center and two 250's in the bow. The 600's take a long time to fill and empty. I usually only fill them about half the way, then fill the center bag and put some tail in the bow. If you fill it all up the wake is huge though.