Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 04, 2005

Old    bt_22            04-26-2005, 6:13 AM Reply   
Why are Tige boats so expensive? I went in the Slalom Shop the other day and they all stickered for $50k plus. Why would you buy a Tige when you could get a SAN or M/C for the "same" amount of money?

Tige owners sound off.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-26-2005, 6:19 AM Reply   
Last time I checked they were a little cheaper but these days they make a all composite boat and that cost $$$$.On the same note...Why would you spend 40k to 45k and not spend the extra cost and get something with resale value.
Old     (whitlock87)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-26-2005, 6:31 AM Reply   
at my local Tige dealer you can get one as cheep as 32k ( Switch ci)
the cheapest v drive is the Switch V for around 38k
It comes with Tower, Trailer, Bimini, and Tow Cover.
Not sure why your dealer pricing is so high?

Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-26-2005, 6:40 AM Reply   
It maybe because that price includes some upgrades such as 3yr warranty on the motor, boardracks, bimini, trailer, Stainless Steel Rubrail, Stainless Steel Apperance Package, cover, colored or split gel coat, etc, etc. What model were you looking at, I know the 24V is up in that price range.
Old     (98_searay)      Join Date: May 2004       04-26-2005, 7:22 AM Reply   
true tige does not have the best resale if you want a good used Tige look at this web site www.boattrader.com has tons of tiges,MC,Malibu,SAN you name its there!
Old     (whitlock87)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-26-2005, 7:50 AM Reply   
When I got my SwitchV last year for 33.6k It came with what you are calling up grades as stock items.
I got a Marine power 335 hp engine with a 3 year warranty
A Phat body Extreme Tower with Board Racks ( fold down )
Bimini cover, custom fit tow cover and an Extreme Trailer
Also Tige gives you a 5 year warranty on the vinyl, life time on the hull and gauges.
Old    ozonerider            04-26-2005, 10:49 AM Reply   
I used to sell Tige boats and have been to the factory in Texas. The construction techniques used are similar to those used to build offshore go-fast boats (I also have a Donzi and visited their factory in Florida) and makes them rock-solid, especially in big water. Tige uses more glass in their build-ups --- check out the weight specs vs. the other brands and also their "lifetime replacement" (not repair) warranty. All in all, a great boat line.

Regarding the pricing, the dealers have a LOT of latitude to set pricing to whatever the market will bear, since there are no published MSRPs as far as I know. When I was selling them, the dealer was really marking them up!

That having been said, I just bought an X-Star. Why? It was all about the dealer. What I wanted was a fair price, ability to get my boat serviced properly, and someone with a track record as a boat dealer. I also didn't like the pushing of aftermarket parts and accessories versus the factory-installed stuff (tower, stereo, trailer, etc.). I like the idea of having everything covered under one all-inclusive warranty. Of course, the dealer's profit margins are better in the "we'll cobble one up for you" scenario. If I lived somewhere else, I probably would have bought a 24V - it's a sweet boat. As it stands, I love the X-Star and especially appreciate the "Lexus dealer-like" treatment I'm getting from the MasterCraft dealer.
Old    wakefunx2            04-26-2005, 11:26 AM Reply   
Hey Arnie (ozonerider) - What Mastercraft dealer did you buy your X-star from, if you dont mind me asking?
Old    ozonerider            04-27-2005, 12:58 PM Reply   
Cory - I got the X-Star from Ski World USA in Dublin, south side of the 580 freeway, 1 exit west of the Lexus dealership on the same side of the road. If you're in the market, ask for the sales manager Eric Sanders...
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-28-2005, 8:11 AM Reply   
Over the last 3-4 years Tige has stepped into the "best in the biz" class IMHO. Their prices are inline with other comparable boats.
Old    wakefunx2            04-28-2005, 8:39 AM Reply   
Hey Arnie- Ski world is great, good group of guys, i live in Sacto and had to buy my boat from copes, THEY SUCK, i hate them, long story, but anyway they were so bad, i ened up driving 2 hours to take my boat down to ski world just to have a service done. But i will say that when the X-20 comes out i will be buying from ski world. i have another question for you, when you bought your boat from ski world did they give you that black Mastercraft boat cover? or did you have to pay extra for it? And do you ever make it up north to ride in the Sac area? i still havent gotten to ride behind the new ap-1 hull and i would love to!!!
Old    ozonerider            04-29-2005, 12:57 AM Reply   
Cory - They gave me a grey cover that is a custom fit for the boat/tower and has their logo on it. I haven't used it because my boat has snap-on tonneau and cockpit covers and I don't trailer it.

Also, I live in Disco Bay and don't have a tow vehicle so I pretty much just hang out around here - not that I'm complaining! We like to ride weekdays sometime after 1pm (when the stock market closes) if the weather is nice. If you get down this way send me a PM - we are always looking for thirds!
Old     (brd4fun)      Join Date: May 2002       05-02-2005, 10:40 AM Reply   
Tige makes a great boat, in my opinion it is the best. My 05 listed for 57,000 or so but I got almost every option.
One thing I can tell you is not to waste your money on the factory ballast it is a joke.