Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 04, 2005

Old     (openwydr)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-25-2005, 1:00 PM Reply   
I am looking tro replace the prop on my 1990 Master Craft Maristar.
OJ reccommends a 13 x 11.5 LH, 1 " shaft.

How does this compare with the ACME?
I have heard good things about both. Is one better than the other or are they about the same, if so then is one less expensive than the other?

Thanks for the input

SB
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       04-25-2005, 5:26 PM Reply   
The general consensus here tends to show Acme as a slightly better out of the box product for just about the same cost.
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       04-25-2005, 9:38 PM Reply   
Go with the 13 X 12 Acme, you won't be disapointed.
Old     (msasser)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-25-2005, 9:58 PM Reply   
i dont know jack about propellers, but i want to buy a used boat and am not sure if used ones are as good as new. i mean, obviously they arent, but is it a big loss to buy like a '95? sounds like you need some work on yours, do they deteriorate quickly?
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-27-2005, 8:27 AM Reply   
I have the Acme props on my website www.boarditup.com. You will not be disappointed with the performance or my prices.

As for boats. Resins, vinyls, motors, transmissions, etc. have improved over the years. Design has also improved. If you are money tight or starting out with a first boat, a used one makes sense. If you want the best and are just tying to be cheap, you will get exactly what you pay for.
Old     (joe_788)      Join Date: Aug 2003       04-27-2005, 11:20 AM Reply   
I bought an ACME 13.5x16.00 4 blade for my 04 X2 and it absolutely blows away the stock OJ 13.7x17.

There really is no comparison. I would say low end grunt improved two fold, and the top speed was not affected at all.

Old    cwkohler            04-27-2005, 9:28 PM Reply   
I would have to second the ACME prop. I'm running the 13.5X16.00 on my 04 X30 and it's amazing. I have lost about 10 mph on the top end. Well worth it.... You need to call ACME directly and tell them what boat you have, motor size, where you plan on using it... sea level or in the mountains, and how much weight you plan on having in your boat. Then you will have the exact prop you need to max. performance.
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-27-2005, 11:19 PM Reply   
Make your life really simple... call Bill Weekes at ACME. Tell him what boat you have... what motor.... rpms etc... and what you want to accomplish... and presto.. he will have a prop in your hands that you will not be disappointed with!