Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Other Water Sports > Hydrofoiling

Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-14-2007, 3:12 PM Reply   
does anyone make a rack that will mount on the illusion x tower
I have considered buying a sky ski but want to get my total cost estimates first....a rack is a must
Old     (atropine)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-21-2007, 10:38 AM Reply   
Cliff-
go to foilfreaks.com and check out the forums. There is quite a bit of info you can find by searching over there. I just bought a SkySki, and I am trying to decide which rack to get for my Illusion X. If money is no object, the consensus is that the Comptech swiveling rack is the best. Supposed to be rock solid. Problem is price; $660 plus the $75 adapter to fit it to the Illusion X. Samson makes one that also has a t-bar stabilizer and swivels, but I don't think it is available for the Illusion X. Titan makes a nice-looking non-swivel rack, that can be bought for @ $350 new. I have seen them go for as little as $150 used, but any hydrofoil rack is hard to find used. The Titan does not have a t-bar stabilizer, but is suposed to fit the Sky Ski Pro model very snugly. If you get the more expensive Sky Skis like the B39, the LE, etc. they supposedly rattle around in the Titan quite a bit. 13th Floor and Airboom are some others, but I don't know about fitment to the Illusion X. I have pretty much resigned myself to the fact that I will just save up my mkoney for the Comptech, but $700+ for a rack is hard to swallow. If you don't need the swivel, you can get the same Comptech in a non-swiveling version for $418 plus $75 for the adapter. It can be upgraded to the swivel later, but the guys at Comptech told me the upgrade would run about $350, so if you are ever going to get the swivel, you should just save and do it up front.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-22-2007, 5:25 PM Reply   
thanks Sam
Old     (air_junky)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-15-2007, 5:10 PM Reply   
Hey Cliff,
Our Comptech Rack works well on the Illusion X tower. In fact, it works well on just about every tower. Its very versatile because it only has one contact point, and its almost infinitely adjustable for angle so you can mount it on a vertical leg or a cross bar. Upload

Upload
Upload