Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (chvywkbrdrmc205)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-13-2005, 8:35 PM Reply   
has anyone surfed behind one of these? How did you weight it, and how was the wake? I would really like to get a board this year and try it, just not sure it the wake will be enough. Right now i just have a single 500lbs sack, but could possibly get more.
Old     (habcaw_creek)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-14-2005, 5:21 AM Reply   
my friend has an 02 xstar which is same hull.his boat has 3 ballast tanks. 2 on engine compartments. 1 in ski locker. his ski locker pump was broken so we rode with 1 fatbuddie in the bow and the port ballast filled and 4 peeps to one side. we only had a skimboard so we couldnt surf it we just messes around but im sure if u had the right board you could.
Old     (skibum69)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-15-2005, 5:58 AM Reply   
I have a 205 DD and we wake surf behind it all the time. I use two 600 lb bags in the back. One 550 filled about 3/4 way in the bow. Then we typically put 3 75 lb buckets on the left side of the engine compartment. You probably don't need this much weight but it makes it alot easier. Also we usually have 2 people sitting on the back sunpad with their feet on the swim deck. And another person sitting on the side of the engine. I have found that most people like to sit in the back, so sometimes I have to move weight up front. Hope this helps.
Old     (chvywkbrdrmc205)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-15-2005, 2:07 PM Reply   
right on, thanks guys. We have the 500 lbs sac right now, but im going to try to get another 350-500, or maybe twin 250s. I think with the 500 in back, plus an additional 200-500 and a few people i should be able to ride pretty good. I dont weigh much either so that should help
Old     (ramhouse)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-03-2005, 10:39 PM Reply   
My son surfs behind our 190 with 750lbs of lead thruout the boat. We use sacs at times but normaly we don't need them. All depends on where you put the weight, experiment.
Old     (ramhouse)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-07-2005, 11:38 AM Reply   
Here is a pic. This is a windy day with just the lead, no sacs...
Old    natedawg            06-22-2005, 10:32 PM Reply   
yea last year we had a 205. Loaded up a big ass 1100 pound plastic tank in the back (takes up all the seating space, but oh well, people just sat on the tank) and a 300 pound bag in the front. It made a respectable wave. Definately surfable.