Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 26, 2009

Old    kidrik            04-17-2009, 8:31 PM Reply   
When I turn the key to the "on" position, there is the initial "beep" tone. NOW, it is followed by TWO beeps that continue to sound off every minute or so. We first thought it was the perfect pass, however, when I reset that system, and turned the key, I realized it was the matching tone to the ignition, not perfect pass. This started happening immediately after service was done (not sure if connected) so I'm at a loss.....

Boat runs fine. Numbers are all fine. It's just these obnoxious "two" beeps constantly! (06 Calabria Pro V)

Anyone? Bueller?

Thanks!
Old     (kidder)      Join Date: Aug 2008       04-17-2009, 9:14 PM Reply   
RTFM. Read The Fu**ing Manual. :-)
Old    akman            04-17-2009, 9:42 PM Reply   
check the setting on your depth finder
Old    kidrik            04-17-2009, 9:57 PM Reply   
Uhhh, I did read the effing manual, and nothing, which is why I turned to my WW crew! Thanks for your funny way of saying you don't know either.....

Gramps, I'm listening............ You think it may need to be reset?
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-17-2009, 11:33 PM Reply   
Rik the depth unit will beep if you have the alarm set for deeper than where we ride?

Sorry I can't help you, I got a Moomba and I don't think they come with "buzzer's" lol .
Old    kidrik            04-18-2009, 6:37 AM Reply   
Damn it Jeff, with your nickname, I figured you for a sure thang on this!

And your sheets beepin, you just drown it out with that stereo! LOL
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-18-2009, 9:10 AM Reply   
what motor do you have?Its sounds like a mercruiser guardian alram.sota like a check engine light on your car.If its not a mercruiser then i aint got a clue.although boat should only do like 2400rpm in guardian mode so who knows.

(Message edited by kko13 on April 18, 2009)

(Message edited by kko13 on April 18, 2009)
Old     (05elitevc4)      Join Date: Jan 2008       04-18-2009, 9:27 AM Reply   
Second depth finder..I have mine set for 6 feet so when we are backing off the trailer or approaching the trailer it is constantly beeping. I do this so I never end up that shallow w/o knowing it. Some people freak first time and think we about to have a major problem...pretty funny.
Old    kidrik            04-19-2009, 7:47 AM Reply   
Yes, a Mercruiser. I talked with the service guy at the dealer, and he said he may have to simply reset a code? Again, this happened immediately after service......? I also had a stereo install not long ago, so maybe a connection there?

I checked out the depth finder when we went out yesterday, and all good. Plus, it's a different tone. Anyway, taking it in next week.

Thanks for the help
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-19-2009, 8:19 AM Reply   
I only heard it randomly yesterday? Every once in awhile it would beep twice in a row.

Boat seemed to run fine? Hopefully something real easy and simple.
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-19-2009, 10:05 AM Reply   
There is a water flow sensor that will cause 2 beeps every 1.5 - 2 minutes. I had a faulty sensor that caused it. Bad impeller can also cause low water flow, is the temperature okay?

The owners manual explains the various beep signals.
Old    kidrik            04-19-2009, 11:25 AM Reply   
George, thanks, that sounds dead on as far as the cadence of the beeps. Where in the manual did you find the beep signals??? I thought I searched pretty well..... Just replaced the impeller and the temp has been fine. Sounds like a faulty sensor. I will check it out!

Jeff, I think that's gotta be it bro. Oh, and I put my trophy beer on the mantel..... (can't believe I gave into peer pressure!)
Old     (pavement_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2009       04-19-2009, 11:59 AM Reply   
I',m gonna go with the water flow issue. That impellar should be changed at least every other year and more if you use your boat less. My guess is a new impellar will make your troubles go away
Old    kidrik            04-19-2009, 12:56 PM Reply   
As I mentioned in the quote above yours, I just replaced the impeller. So I'm going with the faulty sensor for now......

Thanks though, because it still steers me in the right direction!
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-19-2009, 7:41 PM Reply   
Rik, I sold the boat with the Mercrusier so I don't have the manual.

If the boat gets above 200F the alarm is constant buzz and engine goes into "limp" mode.
Old    kidrik            04-19-2009, 9:14 PM Reply   
Cool, thanks. Yeah, I'm feeling confident about the sensor. I've been out three times since this problem with plenty of weight and plenty of sets, and the temp guage hasn't budged. Although it had a moment or two of the "constant" beep, the light never came on, and the temp stayed steady.

Oh, and I checked the manual again and nothing about beep signals. Maybe I got the cliff notes version?
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-20-2009, 1:13 AM Reply   
Be proud of that beer you earned it lol

I got huge hubby points today...I took some friends and their kids and my niece out to KL today and did not even have a board or sac's with me.

And wouldn't you know we saw 1 wake boarder the whole frickin time and the water was BUTTER !!!

I did get to kick it with Mike Johnson and his family though so it was worth it. And I got the family day out of the way for the year.....Score

How is the boy?

(Message edited by hillbilly on April 20, 2009)
Old     (ferral)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-20-2009, 8:25 PM Reply   
Rik, is that the same beep you were getting that day I was out with you? The guys at your dealer still haven't helped you out with that?
Old     (soundbox)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-20-2009, 9:12 PM Reply   
I think it is the stereo guys fault. You should just sell him your boat for really cheap!
Old    kidrik            04-20-2009, 9:33 PM Reply   
Bah hahahahaha! Good shee-ot Ben. I doubt it's your fault brah. (but if u know something, text me...) By the way, I'm lovin the tunes man! Gotta get you out one day to enjoy your work from "the other" side....! Sporting the stickers proud! Thanks for everything! (the cover turned out nice as well!)

Lou, yes, same ones. Dealer's been very cool, and said they would hook me up. It's just a matter now of me taking it in this week for them to correct it.

Oh, Jeff...my boy is better, and hopefully going back to school tomorrow? Great time at Po Boys the other night! Wifey had a blast! Good times!
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-20-2009, 9:49 PM Reply   
Yeah for sure good times. And I second the stereo guy's much easier to blame them. Hell everything that has happened to my boat is Ben's fault lol.

Mike Johnson took his boat out with that box you looked at and was following behind me a about hundred yards back or so and I turned my stereo up and his wife asked him why the stereo wouldn't change songs? Then he told her it was my boat she was hearing...lol. Ben you guy's did good Haha
Old     (soundbox)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-20-2009, 10:21 PM Reply   
Thanks guys. I'm glad you are enjoying your tunes.
Old     (noquams)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-21-2009, 1:54 PM Reply   
I have the very same beep you describe and have been trying to hunt down the source. I change my impeller every year and have a Merc engine.

George, where is the "water Flow Sensor"?

Thank you!
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-21-2009, 4:18 PM Reply   
I don't have a mercruiser to take a picture of now. The flow sensor was on the "Front" of the engine, above the transmission. Follow the hoses where they connect into a block.