Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (depswa)      Join Date: Nov 2000       09-08-2011, 1:31 PM Reply   
My roomate recently made some changes to reduce our DirecTV bill and I just found out we don't get FX anymore, so that means no more Sons of Anarchy!!!

If I were to have a friend DVR it at their place for me...is there a way to download the file from her DVR and watch it at my place? I remember using VCRs back in the day...but how the hell do I do something like that now id someone doesn't have a DVD-R?

My sister does have one of those slingbox things...I guess I could log in to her acct, but wouldn't it change the channel if she were home watching something and I logged in? LOL

ANy suggestions?
Old     (Riteride)      Join Date: Sep 2010       09-08-2011, 1:38 PM Reply   
You can just hook your TV up to your cumputer and watch it online....
Old     (depswa)      Join Date: Nov 2000       09-08-2011, 2:10 PM Reply   
Looks like they don't post episodes for like 30 days until after they air. I'm gonna try the sling box thing tonight,. Thanks though!
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       09-08-2011, 2:58 PM Reply   
No soa or the league? Ouch. You might want to consider changing roomates! Haha.
Be patient and wait for it to go online.
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       09-08-2011, 4:36 PM Reply   
My cousin finds pirated Entourage for me every sunday night after it airs and then puts it on a jump drive for me to plug into my BluRay player. The quality is usually 720p, so no complaints there. I think some DVRs also have USB ports on them, so you could rip directly from the DVR to a jump drive. Or, find the show on the internet somewhere, download to your comp, and then put on a jump drive.
Old    codi_scott            09-08-2011, 4:42 PM Reply   
I just use a website called sidereel for shows my cable doesn't get or netflix doesn't have, it will usually pop right after the show airs if not the next day plus theres no commercials. If you want to check it out http://www.sidereel.com/Sons_of_Anarchy
Old     (depswa)      Join Date: Nov 2000       09-08-2011, 4:52 PM Reply   
Train! I know! I was looking at FX's site and realized I won't get the League either! Def. time for a new roomate! j/k lol

Sidereels looks cool....I'll check it out.

I'll let you guys know how slingbox works too...crap...I'll just tell my sis ter to record everything I wanna watch and cancel my Directv...I already have a Macbook hooked up to our 46" LED for Netflix and music...so..I may not need Directv...but, then I guess my sister couldn't watch tv if I'm watching it all the time...lol
Old     (jason_ssr)      Join Date: Apr 2001       09-09-2011, 5:13 AM Reply   
since you are already set up, just snag the torrent after it airs.