Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 21, 2006

Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       07-06-2006, 9:31 AM Reply   
Me and a buddy of mine drove to Kansas on Friday got their Sat and got back on Sunday to pick up this 2004 loaded WSVLX beauty. I got another deal of the century of course. 3000 miles in 48 hours. See everyone out on the lakes this summer. Look for the "Orange Blossom Special" I dont think there is another like it, but maybe. I think the guy ordered it, then traded it in on an '06. No issues with the boat really just that the PP was never calibrated and it off like 10 mph and one of the hard tanks will not drain, nothing some warranty work cant fix. And it just needs a little lead is all. It's going to be a great summer especially since my 6 year old is riding now after having a board since he was 2. When he rode behind it Tuesday he told me it pulls him better than the old boat. Upload
Old     (clayton191)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-06-2006, 10:12 AM Reply   
Hot! Where'd you get it in Kansas?
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       07-06-2006, 10:27 AM Reply   
Goddard, It was bought at Wilson's Watersports in OK originally. The guy was a neat freak like myself which suits the purchase to me just fine. I don't think the trailer had one mark on it, it looks brand new. And the quality of the Dorsey trailer is the best I have seen on any comp boat. It could have been on a lift in a marina or something. Man you guys have alot of places to ride over there in that area. We must have heard 20 commercials on the radio for the OKC contest this weekend, they must get a great turnout, and sponsorship by Nissan as well. We were truly impressed.

I read your site, sorry to hear about the accident you had Clatyon. I hope insurance paid up.
Old    jolly_roger_wake            07-06-2006, 1:33 PM Reply   
Goddard eh? You should have let me know, that's 15 minutes from my home lake, we could have made sure the boat worked
Old     (clayton191)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-06-2006, 1:39 PM Reply   
slipknot, i've not had a chance to update the site. Took the boat in for a second opinion and found out that I just needed a new prop :-)

I enjoyed the fourth! :-)
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       07-06-2006, 2:22 PM Reply   
we were thinking about asking for some good 'ole Kansas hospitality but thought if we stopped it would slow us down even more, especially if we were to go riding, then if we found something was wrong with the boat, I would've been all over the guy, and there was no time for that. 167 hours and complete svc records, and not a mark on the thing, warranty to boot so we were somewhat confident. And it turned out for the better.

Some nice little lakes around there. We saw signs for waterfront for the biggest house in the neighborhood for $200K, that is just nuts! I want my wife to transfer to Witchita (COX) And I will just start a wake school in the back yard. Unreal. The houses don't cost so that must mean the wages are not as high. We found a nice part of town just north of OKC, everything was new. What was the name of that particluar area, Stillwater, OK?
Old     (insuranceman)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-06-2006, 2:39 PM Reply   
Slipnot, Edmond?

Stillwater is northeast of OKC probably 45 miles.
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       07-06-2006, 5:16 PM Reply   
Had to have been Edmond or Guthrie but all shops and restaurants were new looking, looked like a real nice place to live and be able to ride good water anytime. Hotter than hell though. 99 plus humidity whoa! Bought some nice fireworks in OK and smuggled them back to Cali. We can't even buy sparklers here.

You guys ever get out this way look me up for some pulls

(Message edited by slipknot on July 06, 2006)
Old     (tanner)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-06-2006, 7:00 PM Reply   
Well I build in Edmond (well all over for that matter) quite a bit so if you move here and need a new house ;)
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-06-2006, 10:15 PM Reply   
"3000 miles in 48 hours"

Geeezh...