Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (rclester89)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-02-2011, 3:40 PM Reply   
Sorry I simply can't contain myself...
TEXAS FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

Whose ready for some College Football?!?!?!?!?!
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       09-02-2011, 6:38 PM Reply   
Can't wait to get it started!!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-02-2011, 10:19 PM Reply   
Wisconsin's usual amazing running game + Stud QB .... OHHHHH MAN!

ON WISCONSIN !!!
Old     (heidi629)      Join Date: Jul 2011       09-03-2011, 12:47 AM Reply   
Boomer Sooner!!!!
Old     (jperkinsttu)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-03-2011, 5:41 AM Reply   
Been hard to show my school spirit for a while but I have to nonetheless. WRECK'EM TECH
Old     (rclester89)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-03-2011, 4:25 PM Reply   
Weekends not even over and talk about some great games...TCU vs Baylor; Auburn vs Utah State!! Gettin ready for the LSU Oregon game and of course my horns. I really want to see SMU beat the snot out of A&M. To all those in the SEC, you're about to adopt the most obnoxious fans in college football history!
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            09-03-2011, 4:50 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by rclester89 View Post
Weekends not even over and talk about some great games...TCU vs Baylor; Auburn vs Utah State!! Gettin ready for the LSU Oregon game and of course my horns. I really want to see SMU beat the snot out of A&M. To all those in the SEC, you're about to adopt the most obnoxious fans in college football history!
These damn Gators fans r already obnoxious enough, coming from a Big Ten guy. I guess I should expect that living in FL though
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-03-2011, 6:16 PM Reply   

Watching Big Ten football is like watching paint dry.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            09-03-2011, 7:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjfan23 View Post

Watching Big Ten football is like watching paint dry.
Um...excuse me, but Tim TeBLOW aka "Jesus" to u people no longer plays for the gators lol
Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-03-2011, 7:33 PM Reply   
Thank God football is back.....
Old     (jperkinsttu)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-04-2011, 7:34 AM Reply   
Wow had to hold my breath for two quarters. Friggin TxState was up on us 10-9 at half. Gonna be a long year if we wait for the second half every game. And I'm pretty sure I'd be obnoxious as hell if I were a fan of a team that has a national title in the last decade.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-05-2011, 6:57 AM Reply   
Stole this, but it was so impressive, I had to repost....

Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-05-2011, 6:59 AM Reply   
Oh...and VERY happy College Football is back.... My Utah State Aggies blew it, but I was still proud of their play, GA has turned that program around. My Utah Utes, got a win, but will need to tighten things up if they expect to continue to win.... USC this week!
Old     (jmuthafnp)      Join Date: Feb 2006       09-08-2011, 9:18 AM Reply   
ROOOOOOOOOLLLLLLL TIDEEEEE! That is all.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-11-2011, 9:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by LR3w8kbrdr View Post
Um...excuse me, but Tim TeBLOW aka "Jesus" to u people no longer plays for the gators lol
Ha thats ok. One of the greatest college football players EVER was fun to watch. Didnt hurt that he won a few things over the years.

Florida is stacked again, just very very young. It will be interesting to see how they develop throughout the year. Their secondary is defiantly going to get picked on with their lack of experience.
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-11-2011, 12:38 PM Reply   
Cripes Notre Dame blew another win! Its getting downright painful watching this team anymore as a fan. Exciting game nonetheless though with Michigan's first-ever night game at the big house and broke their attendance record with 114,000 fans.. wow!

Sent with my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk. Please excuse any typos.
Old     (rdlangston13)      Join Date: Feb 2011       09-13-2011, 8:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jperkinsttu View Post
been hard to show my school spirit for a while but i have to nonetheless. Wreck'em tech
wreck'em tech!!
Old     (stepintoliquid)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-13-2011, 12:31 PM Reply   
Go Blue! Love me some Denard Robinson
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       11-02-2011, 1:58 PM Reply   
Is this the only college football thread? Wow.... Is the SEC so dominant that nobody else can even argue?
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-02-2011, 2:19 PM Reply   
The SEC is obviously the best conference in the nation. The PAC12 is pretty legit at the top and has a couple decent teams below them. ASU, UW and USC. Everybody else sucks unbelievably bad. I don't think the Big 12 or whatever it is called is really that good outside of Okie State and Oklahoma. Okie state is stupid good though. If they win out they will probably go to the national championship game. I don't think Stanford can overtake them if both teams win out. Baylor, Texas Tech and Kansas St are all ok. I would actually put the PAC12 and Big 12 almost even. The big 10 or whatever they are called now is ok but they don't have anyone great. They have a bunch of pretty good/above average teams in MSU, UM, Wisconsin, Nebraska and Penn State. The Big East and ACC both suck so there is no point in mentioning them.

I would rank the conferences as:
SEC
PAC12 and BIg12 tied
Big 10

All that being said I bought season tickets this year for Washington. It has been great and pissed me off at the same time. UW's offense is really pretty good. Their defense is not good. Stanford murder dogged us. I think UW could of beat Nebraska or made it closer if the refs didn't job them and they didnt' have a 10 minute terrible stretch because of it.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-02-2011, 3:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
UW's offense is really pretty good. Their defense is not good. Stanford murder dogged us. I think UW could of beat Nebraska or made it closer if the refs didn't job them and they didnt' have a 10 minute terrible stretch because of it.
+1. Its Getting frustrating to keep watching the defense play the way they are. No matter how good Stanford is a decent defense should never allow 50+ points let alone 60+. I like Nick Holte but its time to start realizing that being a good, fiery, intense guy doesn't necessarily make one a good defensive coordinator. His passion doesn't seem to transfer to the field which makes me question his leadership abilities, I mean do his guys just not buy it or something. This week against Oregon is gonna be tougher than hell! I can't imagine a way our defense can hang with their speed on offense.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-02-2011, 3:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatepain View Post
+1. Its Getting frustrating to keep watching the defense play the way they are. No matter how good Stanford is a decent defense should never allow 50+ points let alone 60+. I like Nick Holte but its time to start realizing that being a good, fiery, intense guy doesn't necessarily make one a good defensive coordinator. His passion doesn't seem to transfer to the field which makes me question his leadership abilities, I mean do his guys just not buy it or something. This week against Oregon is gonna be tougher than hell! I can't imagine a way our defense can hang with their speed on offense.
Holt is killing me. I don't necessarily think he is the problem but I also don't think he is the answer. There is no doubt the defense is young at most positions. I just don't see any/enough improvement. They are young but should be better athletes. The thing that is really concerning that Taamu has been very mediocre so far this year as well as Everette Thompson. Our D line guys basically get no pressure. Holt also doesn't have any history of success for me to believe he is the answer. He had a terrible record as heach coach for Idaho(any coach might have had that problem), even though he was DC at USC Pete had the most influence and controlled it(I believe) and he doesn't have a good track record here so far. I am not sure he is that great of a recruiter as well.

All that being said, the program is definately heading in the right direction. The new Stadium is going to be the loudest, best and have the best setting of any stadium in the nation. There is no reason to think they aren't going to have success in the future. This is a huge recruiting weekend as well. Probably 15-20 high rated out of state kids(mostly 3 and 4 stars) on officials as well as any of the local guys showing up on unnoficials. If UW can snag a couple of the stud DB's from Cali and keep their Legacy OL prospects they will have a top 10 or 15 class.
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       11-02-2011, 3:59 PM Reply   
http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/po...in-in-rankings
The Stats speak for themselves....
SEC, Big 12, Big 10, PAC12, ACC MWC, Big East, C-USA, Sunbelt, MAC, WAC.
The funniest prt of this is that the Mountain West has a higher power ranking than the Big East. Hahahaha ... and somehow doesn't deserve an automatic bid? The system is definately messed up.

Oklahoma State doesn't have the defense to go all the way IMO ... Teams score way to much on them. They have only held one team under 20 points all season.
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       11-02-2011, 4:02 PM Reply   
BTW .... does the PAC12 actually have a championship game this year?
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-02-2011, 4:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by gene3x View Post
BTW .... does the PAC12 actually have a championship game this year?
Yeah, that might put Stanford over the top of Okie state if both teams win out. Looking at OSU's schedule now they haven't really played anybody good other then a decent Texas team. Oklahoma could definately knock them off. Stanford still has to play Oregon and a decent Notre Dame team. Plus the PAC12 championship. Their schedules are pretty similar. They each have one really tough game left and one slightly tough game. The big differnece is Stanford will likely play a top 8 or 10 team in ASU for the PAC12 championship.

What kills teh PAC12 is how bad the lower half of the conference is. Wazzu, Cal, Oregon state, Arizona, Utah, Colorado and UCLA are all really bad. I think that is what kills the PAC12's conference rating. If you take the top half of each conference(teams going to bowls) I would say the PAC12 is ahead of the Big 10 and even with Big 12.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       11-02-2011, 8:49 PM Reply   
Should be a great game in Tuscaloosa this weekend. I'm not quite sold on Stanford being as good as many on the West Coast proclaim, especially after last Saturday night. My Wildcats got exposed last weekend in Manhattan, wish they could have had a better showing against OU. Now we have to try to keep OSU from scoring 90 on us in Stillwater. I think the Big 12 is solid. OSU and OU are the class of the conference for sure. After that the race for third is going to be wide open between K-State, Tech, Baylor, A&M, and Texas. I think the middle to bottom of the Big 12 is so much stronger than the lower end of the PAC, that it propels the Big 12 ahead a little.
Old     (rdlangston13)      Join Date: Feb 2011       11-03-2011, 7:41 AM Reply   
Tech is good when they want to be. two weeks ago they wanted to be, last week they did not want to be. made me sad WRECK EM' TECH!
Old     (rdlangston13)      Join Date: Feb 2011       11-03-2011, 7:44 AM Reply   
i hate alabama and LSU, too bad they cant both lose
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-03-2011, 10:53 AM Reply   
It's difficult to cheer for tech when Adam James takes the field...
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       11-05-2011, 12:08 PM Reply   
Dave, I am sorry to inform you that the winner in Tuscaloosa is going to win the National Championship barring injuries.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       11-07-2011, 6:42 PM Reply   
Tech seems to have given up now after beating OU. K-State bounced back and was 5 yards short of taking OSU to OT on the road. Should be a fun final month in the Big 12.
Old     (rdlangston13)      Join Date: Feb 2011       11-08-2011, 6:41 AM Reply   
It looks as if my red raiders thought that OU was their last game of the year.

LSU vs BAMA, the most boring game I've ever watched. Some needs to teach these guys how to score touchdowns.
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       11-08-2011, 10:50 AM Reply   
Dave , did you have somebody in mind? Maybe your beloved Raiders can teach them? lol I agree it was boring, especially compared to the Oklahoma & Kansas St. game but unfortunately nobody has a D like LSU or Bama.

I hate to say it but if the Cowboys lose to OU (which is very likely, precisely because they have no defense) we could see an Oregon rematch with LSU. (yes, it is VERY likely that Oregon will beat Stanford).
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       11-08-2011, 9:13 PM Reply   
Unless Oregon pounds Stanford and OU only squeaks by OSU, I don't see the Ducks jumping the Sooners in the BCS. I think in this scenario, OU plays LSU in the Championship game. I would not be surprised to see OU win by 3 touchdowns. OSU made a lot of errors against a K-State defense that doesn't have the playmakers that OU does. I see OSU giving up some key turnovers and not being able to keep it even with the Sooners late.
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       11-13-2011, 10:50 AM Reply   
That rematch is looking more likely now ... isnt it? The Cowboys actually had a defense this week and as expected Stanford got crushed. I am actually worried about not only Arkansas potentially upsetting LSU but Georgia actually looked scary this week against Auburn. Georgia has made some solid improvements. I hope it was just the matchup. I was kinda hoping that the Gamecocks would play in the SEC Championship against LSU.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       11-14-2011, 8:15 AM Reply   
Arkansas should give LSU fits, but I think LSU can pull it out in a close one. I don't think Georgia can beat LSU, though, they can probably keep it interesting. I just don't think the BCS is going to allow the Alabama-LSU rematch.

My prediction is if LSU wins out they will play the winner of the Oklahoma/OSU game.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       11-14-2011, 12:17 PM Reply   
After the BCS rankings came out, the only way I think we avoid an all SEC Championship game (if LSU/Bama win out) is for OSU to win out. Even with the Big 12 being very strongs top to everyone but KU, everyone can't get over the SEC. I'm not discounting how good the SEC is, but I know for a fact that most of the country outside the SEC doesn't want to see an all SEC title game.
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       11-16-2011, 12:28 PM Reply   
I for once was wanting a PAC12 vs. SEC NC game but now I am not sure. I think the Cowboy fans would love to matchup with Les Miles for a revenge grudge match.
Cracks me up that all the PAC10 **** talkers of years past are not on here stating their case.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-16-2011, 2:42 PM Reply   
It aint going to happen but I would love to see an Okie State vs Oregon NC game. Final score 75 to 60. I for one do NOT want to see an Alabama vs LSU snoozer. That was the most boring frigging game ever. Their Defenses might be awesome but their offenses suck so bad and are so unexciting it makes me want to puke. I think Oregon is playing better then they were against LSU the first game of the year which isn't a surprise because of how young Oregon was. Their Defense is getting a lot better. It could be a really good game. For the same reason it would be a good game if Okie State and LSU or Alabama played in the NC. A ridiculous offense vs a ridiculous defense. If Oregon wins out, LSU wins out and Oklahoma wins out it would be an abomination if Oklahoma snuck into the NC game over Oregon. They both have similar schedules(in my mind) with similar big wins(stanford and Okie State) but the difference is Oregon lost in the first week to the other team in the NC and Oklahoma got their arses handed to them by a very mediocre Texas Tech team. Not sure how USC being on probation affects Oregon's SOS but USC is playing like a top 10 team right now. I would consider them similar to how Georgia is playing.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       11-16-2011, 3:34 PM Reply   
"their offenses suck so bad"

LSU didn't have many problems scoring on Oregon. Not to mention, did Jefferson play against Oregon? Oregon didn't even see the full LSU arsenal. As far as the AL vs LSU "snoozer", I think this speaks volumes of how great both of those defenses are. I am personally not a fan of either team, but I am also not an SEC homer. I hate Alabama and I am not too fond of LSU either, but you have to give credit where credit is due. I would rather see LSU vs OK (if they beat OSU) as opposed to any rematch.
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       11-16-2011, 5:20 PM Reply   
Yeah Brett, that was a fair assessment overall except for the "their offenses suck so bad comment." I acknowledge they are not the top O's in the nation but both still have bigtime weapons. I believe Alabama has a runningback in the race for the Heisman. Just because it wasn't a K State game against Kansas type offensive production doesn't mean the offenses suck. LSU has scored 40+ in 6 games to date. Level of competition accounts for a ton. LSU has also played against 6 ranked teams so far and it will be 7 total for the regular season. I would guess that is the most in the nation.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       11-16-2011, 9:55 PM Reply   
Gene, did you really use K-State as an example of offensive production? We just grind that clock and let Collin Klein run.

It is just not an easy road in the SEC or the Big 12. K-State will have also played 7 teams that were ranked at some point in the season once they play Texas this weekend. I laugh at Boise still being in the top 10. They beat Georgia early, but lost to TCU, who would probably finish 8th if they were already in the Big 12 this season. I think Boise would have 3-4 wins in either the Big12 or SEC at the end of the year.

I am just not seeing OSU get by OU. I think OU is the better team and just got caught sleeping against Tech. OSU does not have the defense that OU does and OU still have a very strong offense. Problem OU will encounter is they have lost their starting RB and best player for the season in back to back weeks.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-17-2011, 8:09 AM Reply   
I suppose you guys are correct but I just feel like those teams offenses are so far behind their defense and I just have no interest in watching a 9-6 national chamionship.

Here is a question. It appears USC isn't ranked in the BCS, Harris or USA today poll, which I am assuming is because they are inellegible, but how does this affect Oregon's SOS/quality wins(if Oregon beats them)? Does that mean if Oregon beats USC it doesn't count as a top 25 or quality win? If so that is complete BS. USC is on par right now with Wisconsin, Georgia, Kansas State, michigan state and all the other 2 loss teams. I bring this up because lets say oklahoma beats OSU and oregon beats USC what happens. Okie state is a better win obviously but I am not sure it is so much better to vault oklahoma over Oregon, especially since, in this scenario, ORegon will have won an extra game and the PAC12 championship game(although right now the PAC12 championship might be against .500 team, hopefully for oregon ASU wins out till the championship game).
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       11-17-2011, 9:21 AM Reply   
^I am not 100% sure, but pretty positive that USC will help Oregon's SOS.

LSU and Alabama both look for the best athletes for their defenses. Both teams put a higher emphasis on having a stronger defense.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-19-2011, 8:38 AM Reply   
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...d=201111180019

to bad for Oklahoma State. I figured that they would have a tough time against Oklahoma, but only them. I was hoping they would make it to the big show...

2 coaches died this week, Weeden's Heisman hopes gone, BCS title game probably gone, conference title in jeopardy, that's a bad weekend....

Last edited by ord27; 11-19-2011 at 8:42 AM.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-20-2011, 9:53 AM Reply   
Man, what a crazy week in college football. Numbers 2, 4 and 5 in the BCS lose. I guess no one wants to play LSU? It sure looks like it is going to be an all SEC NC game. How crazy would it be if Arkansas beats LSU and then whoever represents the west gets beat by Georgia? I do have one question though. Why in the hell are LSU and Alabama playing FCS teams this late in the year? Just stupid. A loss to USC is greater then a win against whatever crappy teams both those teams played. Either way LSU stands alone at the top right now and Arkansas and Alabama are tied for 2nd. If the NC game is an all SEC game there is a good chance I don't watch it, especially if it is LSU vs Bama. I wonder how the ratings will be if it is LSU vs Bama? IT basically limits it to 1/4 of the country(geographically anways) that gives a crap about the game. Should be some good bowl matchups after that though.

So the rankings after this week should be something like:
1)LSU
2)Bama
3)Arkansas
4)Virginia Tech or Stanford
5)Stanford of VaTech
6)Okie State-they could easily end up at 4 though as well.
7)Boise State or Houston
8)Houston or BSU
9)ORegon(could end up behind Georgia and South carolina althoguh I don't htink they deserve to. USC is really good.
10)Georgia
11)South Carolina
12)KAnsas State
13)Michigan

My prediction for hte auto berths are:
SEC:LSU
PAC12:stanford
big12:Okie STate or Oklahoma
Big10:MSU or PSU
Big East: who knows and they don't deserve to even get one in
ACC:Clemson or VaTech
FCS:either BSU or Houston will get an auto berth. Not sure if Houston is going to be able to Jump BSU as they played similar strength teams this weekend and play similar strength teams next weekend. It would suck for Houston if they go undefeated but don't make it into a BCS bowl but BSU does.

That is 7 of 10 slots. One of the other teams in the SEC will take one of hte other spots. That leaves us with these teams that could be selected for the last 2 spots. ORegon, Okie state if they lose, Kansas state, Clemson or Va tech and a bunch of Big 10 teams that are currently 2 loss teams.

Here are my bowl projections kind of:
NC: LSU vs Bama
Rose:Stanford vs Big 10 champion(either Wisconsin or Michigan state)
Orange:Vatech or clemson vs winner of big east
Sugar:Houston or BSU vs Michigan
Fiesta:winner of okie state and oklahoma vs Oregon(would love to see this game. Huge offense)
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-20-2011, 5:35 PM Reply   
Not sure I think Oklahoma should be ranked in the top 10. Oregon's 2 losses are to the number one team in the nation and a norrow loss to the number 10 team in the AP. Oklahoma's are to a mediocre Texas Tech and a pretty good Baylor team. Just nonsense. VaTech at 5 really shouldn't be ranked as high as they are. Who have they beat? One decent team in Georgia Tech. The ACC and the Big East are so much worse then the top 4 conferences it isn't funny. They need to quit rewarding teams for playing cake walk schedules.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-21-2011, 7:01 PM Reply   
Pulling BIG for USC and Cal this weekend!!!!
Old     (stepintoliquid)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-27-2011, 9:40 AM Reply   
Go blue!
Attached Images

Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-27-2011, 12:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deuce View Post
Pulling BIG for USC and Cal this weekend!!!!
Yea, that was if the Utes took care of their own business and didn't chit the bed, which they did.... Still feel a little like I was kicked in the jimmy.....
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-27-2011, 9:10 PM Reply   
updated predictions:

NC game: LSU vs Alabama
Rose: Oregon vs Wisconsin-could be Michigan state here instead of Wisconsin but I think Wisconsin beats MSU
Fiesta: Oklahoma vs Stanford-I think Oklahoma beats OSU but obviously it could be either.
Orange: VaTech vs some crappy team from the Big East
Sugar: Houston vs Oklahoma state-this is assuming Oklahoma beats OSU.
Old     (surffresh)      Join Date: Jun 2010       11-28-2011, 2:01 PM Reply   
Any ideas where my COCKS will wind up, hope not the chicken bowl in Atlanta again, never get's old sayin GO COCKS !
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-28-2011, 2:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by surffresh View Post
Any ideas where my COCKS will wind up, hope not the chicken bowl in Atlanta again, never get's old sayin GO COCKS !
Even though they are ranked really high it looks like they are going to finish 5th in the SEC. Obviously Alabama and LSU are higher, Georgia will finish higher then them and Arkansas beat South Carolina. I think you guys are locked into 5th place in the conference. Not sure what the ranking for the bowls are but it looks like the SEC has affiliations with the Outback, Capital one and Cotton bowl. I am guessing you go to the outback or cotton bowl.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       11-28-2011, 8:12 PM Reply   
The Ohio State University is back
GO BUCKS!!!!
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       11-28-2011, 8:19 PM Reply   
^Why, because of Meyer? I don't think I would be very optimistic of a coach that walked out on a good team when the going got tough.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-29-2011, 9:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
^Why, because of Meyer? I don't think I would be very optimistic of a coach that walked out on a good team when the going got tough.
Yea, why be excited to get one of the top 3-5 coaches in the country that is known for running a tight program....

Urban Meyer is going to win, win right away and win big at Ohio State University.....you can etch that in stone. It pains me to say it, because I only dislike Notre Dame more than OSC.......
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       11-29-2011, 2:54 PM Reply   
Urban lost his winning ways when Strong, Mullins, and Tebow left. And I wouldn't necessarily say Meyer is known for "running a tight program".
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       11-30-2011, 4:35 PM Reply   
Urban Meyer is going to do much better in Columbus than he did down in Teebowville, just get use to it!
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-30-2011, 6:49 PM Reply   
the Pirate has landed at Washington St.!

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...ingtonst-leach

you guys are going to love what he will do to your program. Get ready to experience quirky! He is an odd apple....

Tech really screwed the pooch when they let him go
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-30-2011, 8:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeshmoe View Post
Urban Meyer is going to do much better in Columbus than he did down in Teebowville, just get use to it!

Probably... winning in the big10 is a joke compared to the SEC. Cop'd out when things got tough.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       12-01-2011, 7:57 PM Reply   
"Urban Meyer is going to do much better in Columbus than he did down in Teebowville, just get use to it!"

Didn't he win two N.C.'s in his first 3 seasons at Florida? I will bet you any amount of money, house for house, whatever; that won't happen in Columbus.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       12-04-2011, 6:07 PM Reply   
Wow, BCS bowls are a joke this year. I guess the Sugar Bowl committee was drinking Hurricanes during the ACC Champ game last night. I guess my Wildcats will take their game to Dallas and enjoy a matchup better than most of the BCS bowls.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-04-2011, 7:23 PM Reply   
All about fan support...
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-04-2011, 9:21 PM Reply   
they got it wrong again. It should be Okie State playing in champ bowl. Bama didn't even win their conference........
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       12-04-2011, 10:23 PM Reply   
Eric, you don't know much about K-State huh bud? We have the largest fan group to ever cross state lines to watch a college game. 50,000 and 45,000 strong at both our Fiesta appearances. We don't have the Michigan brand, but VT, really?

Cliff, I agree. I don't think many people outside the SEC are going to tune into that game. Maybe someone can break into double digits this time around. I didn't get to watch the first matchup as I was too busy watching K-State v. OSU, a game that didn't cause me to fall asleep.
Old     (lfadam)      Join Date: Nov 2008       12-04-2011, 10:52 PM Reply   
Dont hate on VT, hate the BCS. Not our fault...I was just as shocked as anyone. Id give up being in the Sugar Bowl this year for introducing a playoff system no doubt.

But for the record. We are the most consistent team in College Football right now (eight 10 win seasons in a row and counting...19 year bowl streak) and our fans travel among the best of them. We may not have Michigans 100k seats and history, but we are a perennial top 15 powerhouse and have one of the loudest stadiums in the country, ask anyone. And now, the winningest active coach in CFB.

And although I think Kstate and Boise have a case to complain, Im not sure why everyone is moaning about VT being in a BCS bowl but not Michigan? VT was #5 in the country until yesterday, and are still ranked higher than Michigan now (11 vs 13). We have 1 more win than them, same number of loses...neither was conference champ. I get that we got lucky (first break we have caught with the BC$ system in a while) but Michigan is just as bad.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       12-05-2011, 9:33 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by lfadam View Post
Dont hate on VT, hate the BCS. Not our fault...I was just as shocked as anyone. Id give up being in the Sugar Bowl this year for introducing a playoff system no doubt.

But for the record. We are the most consistent team in College Football right now (eight 10 win seasons in a row and counting...19 year bowl streak) and our fans travel among the best of them. We may not have Michigans 100k seats and history, but we are a perennial top 15 powerhouse and have one of the loudest stadiums in the country, ask anyone. And now, the winningest active coach in CFB.

And although I think Kstate and Boise have a case to complain, Im not sure why everyone is moaning about VT being in a BCS bowl but not Michigan? VT was #5 in the country until yesterday, and are still ranked higher than Michigan now (11 vs 13). We have 1 more win than them, same number of loses...neither was conference champ. I get that we got lucky (first break we have caught with the BC$ system in a while) but Michigan is just as bad.
The problem I have is VaTech is a complete faker this year. What is their strength of Schedule? The ACC is a complete joke this year. They are a border line BCS conference at this point. Thy only good team they played outside of Clemson was Georgia Tech. That is their only quality win. They lost to Clemson twice. I would bet VaTech would be close to a .500 team in the SEC, Big 12, Big 10 and maybe even the PAC12 and if they actually played a team from a BCS conference in the out of conference. The worst part is they might actually have a chance to win the Sugar bowl because the BCS rules and $$$ made them leave out Arkansas and Kansas State. Just Stupid. For the record I am not surprised the BCS bowls picked who they did and Saturday night I actually made some predictions with friends and got all the bowls correct.

Also, when is the Big East going to get kicked out of the BCS? The Mountain West is better then the Big East.

I also will not be watching the BCS championship this year. The last thing I want to see is a 9-6 NC game that already took place earlier in the year. I really wish the voters would of bumped Okie State up enough to give them the edge at 2nd place in the BCS. I do think that the 2 best bowls this year(combination of good matchup, teams that deserve to be there and exciting football) will be the 2 bowls the PAC12 made it in . The Rose and Fiesta Bowls shoudl be great. Although the Orange and Sugar should be good games but I feel like that lack the part of the teams deserving to be there. If it wasn't all about dollars then Boise State should of played Kansas State or Arkansas(they couldn't go because of the rules but still deserve to go over the teams that did).

Last edited by polarbill; 12-05-2011 at 9:39 AM.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       12-05-2011, 3:52 PM Reply   
^LSU will beat Bama by 17 points this time. Jefferson is finally heating up, he only had a few games underneath his belt (when they first played, and he was still splitting time with Jarrett Lee) and LSU seems to be getting stronger each game. The Honey Badger is the best player in college football today and I think would be the front-runner for the Heisman if he wouldn't have gotten into trouble.

Last edited by wake77; 12-05-2011 at 3:54 PM.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       12-05-2011, 9:02 PM Reply   
I think LSU wins by more than 20. I won't be watching either. We all need to let the BCS know that it's done. My problem with VT's bid over
Michigan is that they got clobbered by Clemson and still get in. I just saw a stat, since the first BCS year K-State has been in the top 10 going
into the bowls 10 times and has gotten one invitation, the '03 Fiesta as an auto conference champion. Two of those years they were top 5, #3 in 1998 before falling to the Alamo Bowl which created the BCS' "K-State Rule."
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       12-22-2011, 2:45 PM Reply   
THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN' ABOUT

http://www.uwalumni.com/home/badgers...gs_surfer.aspx