Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       10-26-2011, 8:32 PM Reply   
We're cranking up the Christmas spirit once again with our 7th Annual WakeWorld Toys For Tots Holiday Fundraiser. We've raised over $42,000 in past years and we're looking to add to that total with your help.

WakeWorld will again be running an online auction of donated items from companies and individuals in order to generate money to buy toys for underprivileged kids that otherwise may not be getting any gifts this holiday season. 100% Of the profits from these auctions will go to Toys for Tots. We need you to get the word out to your favorite wake shops and wake companies so that they'll donate some goodies to the cause. If you or your company are interested in donating something, hit me up at gobig@wakeworld.com.

It's only been 24 hours since we announced it and we've already received about $1,000 in donations. Hyperlite is kicking in a 2012 Franchise wakeboard signed by Jimmy LaRiche and Byerly Boards is providing a 2012 Conspiracy wakeboard. We've even gotten donations from Dallas Friday and Jeff Weatherall. So stoked to see the riders getting on board!

Auctions will run for a week starting on Wednesday, 11/23. Be sure to get your bid in to help a great cause and get a great deal at the same time. You can check out the NBC news footage of last year's event at http://tinyurl.com/44yctsy.

Thanks for your help!!

Last edited by wakeworld; 11-15-2011 at 11:19 AM.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       10-28-2011, 3:41 PM Reply   
We just got a donations of a Waterproof Armband and Waterproof Headphones from H2O Audio. We received a set of wall racks for wakeboards from Nice Rack. And, as always, Shred Ready stepped up with a helmet that will be one-of-a-kind because they will be doing a custom paint job on it!
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-29-2011, 11:28 PM Reply   
love this time of year!
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       11-04-2011, 2:34 PM Reply   
Ok, here is the latest on the donation front. As always DPC Films is kicking in some The Chick Flick DVD's and DPC's David Cervenka is also joining with Ronnie Romero to kick in a really cool Global Warning package that includes a life vest autographed by all the guys in the video. I'll be bidding on that one!!

Sacramento Performance Marine will be hooking up you Nor Cal folks with an annual service for your boat.

A perennial donor, Kyle Schmidt, has put together another great package of goodies including a one year subscription to LearnWake.com, The Book Complete DVD series and a $500 gift certificate to The Wakeboard Camp.

Another donor that generously shows up for our event every year is Monster Tower, and they are putting up one of their beautiful wakeboard racks.

Finally, I just talked to Jason at SeaDek, who has made some really cool custom WakeWorld swimstep pads, and he is kicking in four EVA step kits.

So stoked on the generous response. Please keep 'em coming!

Last edited by wakeworld; 11-14-2011 at 12:28 PM.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       11-14-2011, 12:25 PM Reply   
CWB Board Co. always comes up big for our Toys For Tots auction and 2011 is no different. Probably the coolest item they are pitching in is the actual board that Andrew Adkison rode to gold at the Pan Am Games, a 2012 CWB Transcend 138. It's also autographed by Andrew. Here is a list of the rest of the gear that they are generously donating...
  • 2011 Absolute 141 signed by Zane Schwenk (only slightly used)
  • 2011 Vibe 142 signed by Gabe Lucas (only slightly used)
  • 2011 Transcend 138 signed by Andrew Adkison (ridden to gold at the Pan Am Games)
  • 2011 Marius 140 signed by Trevor Hansen (only slightly used)
  • 2012 Four.19 Stu Shinn pro model wakeskate
  • 2012 Onset Matt Manzari pro model wakeskate
  • 2012 Prizm bindings (winning bidder's choice of size, MD (8-9), LG (10-11), XL (12-13))
  • Otis neoprene dog vest
  • Two Proline LG2 Leather Grip handles w/70’ white spectra 3 section ropes
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       11-15-2011, 11:17 AM Reply   
Ok, we've got a few more to add to the list of goodies y'all will be able to bid on starting 11/23...

Fresh Air Exhaust has donated an exhaust system. Cire is going huge with $500 worth of shopping sprees on their website. Another Toys For Tots regular, OnlyInboards.com, will be pitching in both a board rack and a set of tower speakers. WakeClothing.com will be putting up a boardshorts/hat/tee-shirt package. Liquid Trends will once again be donating an amplifier.

We have a lot more donations getting finalized, so I'll get those listed up ASAP. Don't forget to bid starting 11/23!
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       11-20-2011, 11:08 PM Reply   
The latest batch of goodies donated includes a 2-day camp with accommodations, meals, instruction and meals from Western Oasis Wakeplace, a Jobe AS Series wakeboard from Austin Hair, an Under Armour hoody/boxer shorts/crew top package from Evo. But there's still more to come, so stay tuned!
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       11-22-2011, 1:22 PM Reply   
Well, I snuck out yesterday and took the family to Disneyland, but my phone was blowing up with last minute donations to our Toys For Tots Holiday Fundraiser! Here is what came in just yesterday alone!

Wet Sounds kicked things off with the donation of yet another WS-420 two-zone equalizer and PA system (I love this thing) and this year they added in a pair of Pro 60 tower speakers! It must have been boat audio day because Kicker called with not one, but two, full audio systems that include an amp, four speakers and a 10-inch subwoofer! Also jumping on the boat audio bandwagon was Roswell with the donation of a set of their R6 tower speakers.

Roswell rider Jeff House also wanted to get involved, so Jeff signed one of his 2012 Slingshot Response 142 boards and threw that into the mix! Slingshot didn't stop there because they also came up with a brand new 2012 Lyman for you to bid on as well. One of the newer board companies, Humanoid, also wanted to get involved in a big way, so they are putting up two brand new models; a Plank and an Oracle. Even Rockstar Energy Drink came up with a brand new wakeboard to donate. It's a Hyperlite Marek 141 with a custom Rockstar graphic. Rockstar also brought forth a Sector 9 longboard, which also has a custom Rockstar graphic.

DIY Wake was kind enough to kick in one of their wakeboard/surfboard racks. And Huck Doll is again providing the stocking stuffers with some of their wakeboarding dolls!

Finally, the grand finale! Tige has been one of the biggest supporters of our Toys For Tots auctions over the years and 2011 is no different. They have again donated a boat with a low reserve price so that somebody can get a screaming deal on a boat while Toys For Tots gets a piece of the action! This year we'll be auctioning off a 2012 Tige R20, which the winning bidder will be able to customize as they wish!!
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       11-23-2011, 12:05 PM Reply   
Ok, we are LIVE! You can go now and for the next week to bid on 70 wake items, including a Tige boat, in our annual Toys For Tots fundraiser. I'm blurry-eyed from spending all night setting these up, so please let me know if you see any hiccups. Thanks to all the great sponsors and to you for bidding! Check it all out at http://www.wakeworld.com/news/featur...undraiser.html.
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       11-23-2011, 2:59 PM Reply   
I'm in on a few items. I hope I win.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       11-23-2011, 4:17 PM Reply   
damn, i was hoping obrien would donate some wakeboards / equipment again. this is usually when i update my gear for the next season. oh wel!! looks like ill have to bid on other goodies!!!
Old     (sixeye)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-23-2011, 5:45 PM Reply   
I'd like to throw a shout out to all of the sponsors that donate to Wakeworld's annual Toys For Tots! You guys are the greatest!

I'm bidding on some choice items!
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       11-23-2011, 6:53 PM Reply   
Anybody who wants to help out, please forward the link to the auctions (http://tinyurl.com/87mklqo) on your Facebook, Twitter and whatever other social accounts you might have. Spreading the word is the best way to ensure our success, so whatever you can do to help would be great!
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       11-28-2011, 6:30 PM Reply   
Hey Dave, what happenEd to the WetSounds gear that was on the auction?
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       11-28-2011, 6:50 PM Reply   
Ebay ended the auctions, but it wasn't really clear why they did it. They said it was because of copyright infringement, but it's not clear exactly who complained or what I was infringing on. I'm going to try to restart the auctions Tuesday morning at 10:30 PT, but the auctions will only run three days, so they'll end on Friday. Here are the new links...

- Wet Sounds Pro 60 Tower Speakers in Black (pair)
- Wet Sounds WS-420 Two-Zone EQ and PA System
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       11-28-2011, 7:01 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info Dave!
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       11-28-2011, 7:14 PM Reply   
it was removed again..
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       11-29-2011, 12:43 AM Reply   
btw - this package comes with *both* the BluRay and DVD Discs.. PLUS 10 posters!

Global Warning Wakeboarding DVD (or Blu-Ray), Autographed Life Vest & Poster
Attached Images

Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       11-29-2011, 12:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by durty_curt View Post
it was removed again..
What do you mean? Those links appear to work fine, but nobody has bid yet.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       11-29-2011, 12:15 PM Reply   
Ok, folks. There are less than 24 hours left to get your bids in for this year's Toys For Tots auctions. Other than the Wet Sounds items mentioned above, all the other auctions end tomorrow. If you do nothing else, please share the link to the auctions on Facebook, Twitter and your other social media pages. Every little bit helps. Thanks!!
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       11-29-2011, 1:29 PM Reply   
Once again, thanks for the info Dave. For some reason when I checked last night it workEd but once I logged in to bid, the item was listed as removed, for the reasons you had said earlier.
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       11-30-2011, 4:37 PM Reply   
Any results yet on the auctions?
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       11-30-2011, 4:56 PM Reply   
Yes, they are officially done! We'll know how much we pulled in after get paid by everybody and then subtract the crazy Ebay and PayPal fees. Hopefully, I'll have a final number on Monday.
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       11-30-2011, 5:05 PM Reply   
I won 3 auctions. If you have it set up as nonprofit and have the ability to issue receipts, my company will match my auctions 3 to 1. Thats close to another 1500.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       11-30-2011, 5:34 PM Reply   
I'm no tax expert, but I don't think there is a donation involved when you're buying a product from the auction. The companies that donate the products will get to write them off as a donation, but if you're simply buying a product on Ebay, I don't think the IRS or your company will look at that as a "donation."
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       11-30-2011, 5:37 PM Reply   
I thought about that too. Just thought I would throw it out there.
Old     (MattAlz33)      Join Date: Jun 2011       11-30-2011, 6:38 PM Reply   
Next year you should set up the auctions to end in the evening. It's hard for me to teach my class and keep an eye on bidding at the same time. Maybe that would get more people bidding.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       11-30-2011, 8:15 PM Reply   
I actually set them up to coincide with our highest traffic. Unfortunately, you're not one of the lucky ones sitting at their desk staring at the auction all day!