Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 08, 2008

Old     (pickle311)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-04-2008, 12:49 PM Reply   
How are you guys with LSVs weighting them for boarding and surfing. I've searched all over and can't find a setup that I'd be happy with. I want al of the sacks hidden and plumbed in. My LSV only has the stok 400lb bag in the center locker for now. I plan to add the ProX 750lb sacs to each compartment in the rear, I'm just not sure what to use in the bow. I need around 500 to 600lbs, but want it all hidden under the seats. I'm thinking the intergrated bow sack would work. I know there's not enough room to fill it up 100%, but it should be enough. I'm ready to order everything, I just want to make sure I get it right the first time. Also, please post pics if you have them. I'd like to see some wake pics too.

Thanks
Old     (bird_dog0347)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-04-2008, 7:59 PM Reply   
If you want it all automatic and hidden, you are gonna have a big chore ahead of you. We had that same boat last year, but with the gravity three system.

The boat prefers weight up front, like 60% front, 40% back. If you put two 750's in the back, you will need at minimum 1250 up front to get a decent wake. For mine last year, I had the stock front sac in the front locker, and put the two stock rear sacs in the walkway stacked on each other and then the twin 750's in the back.

The wake was great, but you really need the wakeboard prop for it to work. I would recommend the 750's in the rear, the stock front locker, one 400 sac (stock rear, you would need to buy) in the walkway, and one triangle sac in the bow (1000) and the wakeboard prop. This would be a kick ass wake with tons of pop. But like I said, if you want 750's in the back, forget about keeping the front weight hidden.
Old     (pickle311)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-04-2008, 9:32 PM Reply   
that's a lot of weight up front. I seriously doubt I ever run teh 750s completely full so I should be able to get away with less in the front. I wouldn't mind throwing a sack in the walk way occasionally when I do decide to fill the 750s. I mainly want the 750s in there for surfing. I do have the upgraded wakeboard prop so that shouldn't be a problem.

Do you have any pics of the wake?

Thanks for the help.
Old     (yodd_tost)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-05-2008, 11:36 AM Reply   
Nick- when you had all that weight in the boat how many people where in the boat? Thanks
Old     (bird_dog0347)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-05-2008, 12:47 PM Reply   
I think the most we ever had with it like that was about 8 people with two 750's in the rear, the stock front locker (400) and the two stock rear bags stacked in the walkway (about 800). The wake was huge, and it took FOREVER to plane out but it was bad ass when we finally did.

Shane, even with the 750's only 2/3 full or even 1/2 full, it will still be hard to clean up the wake. For surfing, the 750's are the bomb though. We would leave the 750 in the port locker (swing the rear seat to sit beside the ice chest on the floor, and put one 750 on the seat over the ice chest. The other stock 400 on seat beside the 750 and the front full as well. Move everyone to that side and enjoy the bad-ass wave. This will sink it to the rub rail and give you a great meaty pocket.

I really mean what I said about weight up front though. The wake just does not have as much substance without it. If you manage to clean it up with most of the weight in the back, it will be a vertical wall with very little ramp. To each his own though.

I will try to find pics when I get home though.
Old     (yodd_tost)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-06-2008, 5:19 PM Reply   
Pics would be awesome!! Sounds like I'm going to have to do some serious weighting in the ol boat.
Old     (supernatural)      Join Date: Jan 2008       05-06-2008, 10:15 PM Reply   
I also had that boat last year and Nick is right about the front weight. I ran the 750's in the rear, stock 400 in the locker, the integrated bow sack as full as it would go without popping the seats up (maybe 300-400lbs) as well as a 750 in the walkway. When we had more than 3 people in the boat I would also throw an extra 300 in the tip of the bow. Without the right amount of front weight you will never get the wake clean, plus it will help you get up on plane. It will give you a nice big steep wake. For surfing I would pull the 750 from the walkway and lay it on the seats like Nick explained. Good luck.